Self- Immolation

Doktor S

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 03:34 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
echi wrote:
I agree, mesquite. However, I have agreed to consider whatever interpretation MOF presents.

Quote:
Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

We now have a treacherous person, made by the "LORD God", asking the woman if "God" told her not to eat of every tree of the garden.

Evidence for the "LORD God" will be along, shortly (I hope).

Really, this whole thing would go a lot faster if MOF would simply describe his/her/their own belief in his/her/their own words. But, whatever. I'm in no hurry.

The evidence of God has always been in front of your face.

I hope this isn't a prelude to the old and tired 'creation itself is evidence of god!!!!' shtick.

'Cause that would be really weak.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 03:47 pm
Doktor S wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
echi wrote:
I agree, mesquite. However, I have agreed to consider whatever interpretation MOF presents.

Quote:
Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

We now have a treacherous person, made by the "LORD God", asking the woman if "God" told her not to eat of every tree of the garden.

Evidence for the "LORD God" will be along, shortly (I hope).

Really, this whole thing would go a lot faster if MOF would simply describe his/her/their own belief in his/her/their own words. But, whatever. I'm in no hurry.

I hope this isn't a prelude to the old and tired 'creation itself is evidence of god!!!!' shtick.

'Cause that would be really weak.

LOL! Keep watching and see.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 04:01 pm
<watches>
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 04:39 pm
mesquite wrote:
When using translated text, are alternate useages of a word in the translated to language valid?

I would think that when evaluating translated text, one should stay with the definition that applied to the useage in the original language.

Time constraints plus your propensity to only respond to or answer half of the points/questions lead me to be a casual observer contributor.

Maybe if you could get both sides lit we would see better action. :wink:

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8059/flamingheadbb8.jpg
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 06:03 pm
Mindonfire wrote:

Quote:
American Heritage Dictionary
evidence
n.
A thing or things helpful in forming a conclusion or judgment: The broken window was evidence that a burglary had taken place. Scientists weigh the evidence for and against a hypothesis.
Something indicative; an outward sign: evidence of grief on a mourner's face.

You have not presented any evidence for the "LORD God".
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 06:38 pm
Mindonfire,

HERE, you stated that the Bible is written in code.
Is this Adam and Eve story also in code?
If so, do you know the true meaning of the story?
If you do, why do you refuse to share it? What right is it of your's to keep hidden the Word of the Lord God?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 06:53 pm
Doktor S wrote:
<watches>
Watches with suppressed mirth.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 08:16 pm
I think I finally discovered Mindonfire's true identity. . .

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/72/Mark_Wing-Davey_as_Zaphod_Beeblebrox.jpg
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 09:37 am
mesquite wrote:
When using translated text, are alternate useages of a word in the translated to language valid?

I would think that when evaluating translated text, one should stay with the definition that applied to the useage in the original language.

We almost forgot to tell you this little hint: Words are living things. Maybe you will do a little thinking for yourself and figure this out.
0 Replies

babyruth

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 10:33 am
Mindonfire wrote:
mesquite wrote:

We almost forgot to tell you this little hint: Words are living things. Maybe you will do a little thinking for yourself and figure this out.

OK, I'm new here, but this is too interesting to just watch and wait to see what happens. I'm thinking that there are hundreds of churches out there with the same Bible, and seeing how that's true, every one of us could think for ourself and not come to the same conclusion as Mindonfire. People want to know what's in YOUR head, Mindonfire. If people REALLY wanted to know what Jesus meant, I'm pretty sure he explained it to them. If they didn't care, he left it way over their heads so they didn't condemn themselves with too much knowledge that they didn't care to act on. So if people really want to know what you're saying, why not tell? It's a forum--why not share what you're thinking (or "knowing," as I read in another message)? You've built some intrigue--why not spill some beans?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 10:51 am
Mindonfire wrote:
mesquite wrote:

I hate it when a word dies; alas, the victim of the bare bodkin.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 10:58 am
Come on, now, MOF. . .

Let's have your definition of "LORD God", followed with some good evidence.

You dissappoint Him with your laziness!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 11:44 am
I could give a definition; but I want to see Mindy stew first. :wink:
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 11:48 am
babyruth wrote:
You've built some intrigue--why not spill some beans?

Welcome to A2K babyruth. Unfortunately it appears that Mindonfire's idea of spilling the beans is nothing more than passing gas.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 11:51 am
Neo, are you in some sort of competition with timber to see who can send me to the dictionary most often?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 12:29 pm
Don't blame me. It was Mindy who said words were living things. The 'bare bodkin' is an expression from Hamlet.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 12:32 pm
Do you use that expression on Joe?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 12:56 pm
We had our last Bar B Que of the season at Joe's about 2 weekends ago; and he was asking about you folks. I told him everything was fine but that there was this feller with a multiple personality disorder . . .

Then Joe said
"Neo, what's a multipickle, er mutltip, er, what did you say?"

I just told him there was a feller who thought he or she was a whole bunch of folks at the same time.

Then Joe said
"Kind of like the 12th man, like?"

I said
"Yeah. Let's pop a brew and watch the game."

But as far as your question is concerned, the answer is really a lot more complex than that.
0 Replies

babyruth

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 05:41 pm
mesquite wrote:
babyruth wrote:
You've built some intrigue--why not spill some beans?

Welcome to A2K babyruth. Unfortunately it appears that Mindonfire's idea of spilling the beans is nothing more than passing gas.

Hey, thanks for the welcome. I get the feeling from reading through these threads that Mindonfire is a big tease. He/she seems to like to build up the suspense and then not tell whatever it is that he/she knows, even though people ask to hear it. Now how nice is that, I ask you? I'm a sucker for taking the bait, though--hook, line, and sinker, and I'll follow it until the whole story comes out because I want to hear it. I like beans, especially BBQ beans, along with a nice BBQ sandwich and some potato salad. Unfortunately, though, there would be gas passing along with that. But hey, you brought up the subject . . . (yeah, blame mesquite--that's the ticket!)
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 06:56 pm
Well babes, you would probably enjoy yerself at my friend Joe Sixpack's Bar B Ques. Joe uses a mesquite smoking process - - Outstanding.

I suppose when I have time, I will have to explain for the benefit of newbies the important role Joe Sixpack plays in the presentation of logical exposition. But I have been busy of late. I'll get back to y'all soon.
0 Replies