THE DANGER OF GUN-FREE SCHOOL ZONES

genefog2

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 09:35 am
Some of the comments in here defy any form of rationality. Allow me to set the story straight, since it is not hard to do: NO ONE EVER advocated arming school kids. We advocated allowing faculty members to carry guns to protect the kids they are responsible for. It is the kind of preschool mentality displayed here in your comments that caused signs to be put up that said NO GUNS ALLOWED and fully expected that that pathetic piece of paper would stop armed people from entering and killing. IT FAILED again and again, and yet you mock those who want armed faculty to protect those kids. Your law failed, and your arguement failed. Given that, do you think maybe you should rethink this ignorance that has killed people???? Oh no. Just keep putting up your signs and making your little laws to tell criminals "no no, dont do dat". Never admit you were wrong, no matter how many get killed. Remain arrogant and stubborn. After all, it isnt YOUR kid looking out from under a desk at a murderer who is going to kill them while faculty cowers in a corner unable to do anything because of a gun ban sign. Why should that bother you? Call for more laws, yeah, that'll do it, more laws!!!!!!!!!
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 09:54 am
@genefog2,

Why do liberal democrats insist on posting signs advertising target rich hunting zones that are gun free?
parados

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2013 11:10 am
@genefog2,
Actually I think we called for fewer guns.

But if it makes you feel better to argue that more children should be allowed access to guns, OK. Because that IS what you are arguing. If guns are in a room, children have a tendency to find them and want to play with them. Or are you suggesting that guns be kept in a locked area that is not accessible to children and difficult for adults to access?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2013 11:11 am
@H2O MAN,
Why are there so many shootings at gun ranges? Maybe they only occur at "gun free" gun ranges.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2013 06:41 pm
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8IecyzhOtrA/UNU3oSag9-I/AAAAAAAAJ1w/Scu6L4hbACY/s400/gun-free-zone_fish-barrel.jpg
genefog2

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 08:12 am
@parados,
I know what I am saying and ont need to be told. Concealed weapons carried by gun owners are carried ont ehir person. You really think a student is going to come up and grab the gun off the instructor out of curiosity and look at it? The instructors I knew kept personal items either on them or locked in a drawer and the students didnt go there.
genefog2

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 08:13 am
@H2O MAN,
I've heard of one single gun range shooting, and tons of school shootings. I went to gun shows, reenactments and NRA events and never was ther a shooting. Wanna get shot, go to school or a gun free zone.
parados

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 08:31 am
@genefog2,
Quote:
I've heard of one single gun range shooting, and tons of school shootings.

Then you aren't paying attention.
There have been almost a dozen shootings at gun ranges this year. Most of them accidental but a shooting is a shooting.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 08:32 am
@genefog2,
genefog2 wrote:

Wanna get shot, go to school or a gun free zone.

Agreed, the odds of getting shot go way, way up in gun free zones, cities with really strict gun restrictions/bans and government schools.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 08:35 am
@genefog2,
genefog2 wrote:

I know what I am saying and ont need to be told. Concealed weapons carried by gun owners are carried ont ehir person. You really think a student is going to come up and grab the gun off the instructor out of curiosity and look at it? The instructors I knew kept personal items either on them or locked in a drawer and the students didnt go there.

You really think a teacher that is bending over to help a student is concentrating on their gun?
Teachers don't stay arm length from students. Kids tend to be curious and happy to grab for things.

Locked in a drawer? Wouldn't it just be better to put locks on the doors to the classrooms? A gun locked in a drawer doesn't do any good unless the teacher is in the room in which case they can just lock the classroom door.
parados

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 08:40 am
@genefog2,
genefog2 wrote:

I've heard of one single gun range shooting, and tons of school shootings. I went to gun shows, reenactments and NRA events and never was ther a shooting. Wanna get shot, go to school or a gun free zone.

B y the way... there have been more incidents where people were shot at gun shows this year than there have been school shootings.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/19/16603029-5-accidentally-shot-at-gun-shows-in-north-carolina-ohio-indiana?lite
5 people injured in 3 separate incidents at gun shows on one weekend.
parados

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 12:58 pm
@parados,
It looks like we have another gun show shooting this week.
Quote:
TROTWOOD —

A 50-year-old Indiana man accidentally shot himself Saturday afternoon in the parking lot of Hara Arena after attending Bill Goodman’s Gun and Knife Show.

Trotwood police Sgt. Brandon Holbrook said the man, a licensed CCW holder, purchased a holster at the gun show and was putting a handgun in that holster when it accidentally fired. The bullet struck a finger on his left hand and the man was rushed to Miami Valley Hospital. Holbrook said it was unlikely the finger would be able to be reattached.

They really should stop with all these "gun free" gun shows. People keep getting shot at them.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 01:52 pm
@parados,

Makes you wonder if there were any other accidents in these United States this week?

"They" really should stop all activity that could possibly result in injury or death.
0 Replies

genefog2

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 08:12 am
@parados,
Accidental is not the issue. People have car accidents, but they keep their cars, dont they, and the last time I cut my finger I kept the knife. The issue is premeditated murder and killing and that is one of the reasons why I keep my guns. The other reasons are because I simply like guns and like to shoot them. Funny, when the local crowd found I owned guns, the few people who had trouble kids that liked to break into houses left mine alone. Just knowing I had it kept them away. Works for me.
genefog2

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 08:15 am
@parados,
Wake up! How bout that idea! Lopcks on classroom doors? Uh, newsflash friend, but hiding behind doors was what the faculty were doing when they and the students got shot to bits by thugs. You people are so paranoid that you will use any idea rather than the obvious, to make the citizens equally strong to the thugs. Your gun bans and your hiding have all failed, yet you still believe in them. Part of your problem is you think everyone is a criminal and dont give those of us who have owned guns for years any credit for having any sense. Guess what, that's why we have had guns and been safe for years, because we have that sense. We dont hide behind locks while thugs shoot at us. We shoot back, and we get rid of the thugs.
genefog2

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 08:18 am
@parados,
Oh wow, one incident where some guy is careless and hurts himself, yeah. The other day I notched my finger with a knife. Guess I aughtta get rid of all my knives. Gee, the last time you had a close call, did you get rid of your car? I dont think so. Accidents happen all the time, hardly a reason to get rid of the whole scene. The question is whether gun shows get shot up by thugs. No, they prefer nice safe places like schools.
genefog2

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 08:20 am
Thats funny. The best you can do is come up with a hand ful of accidnets. If that is your only defense for the idea we need to get rid of guns, then give it up. I'm betting that any of you who are over the age of twelve on here have cut yourselves with knives, had a fender bender or some other small accident. did you get rid of the thing had the accident with? No. Please show me an incident where some thug walked into a gun show with a gun and ACTUALLY SHOT THE PLACE UP AND MALICIOUSLY KILLED PEOPLE. If you cant do any better than a cheesy accident then that just makes me laugh.
farmerman

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 08:37 am
@genefog2,
youre just trying to escape by remaining in denial.

8 kids shot in 5 separate incidents in philly this weekend. They "accidentally" were in the line of fire
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 08:46 am
@farmerman,
Criminals with guns... when will delusional democrats recognize the real threat?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2013 11:44 am
@genefog2,
Quote:
Accidental is not the issue. People have car accidents, but they keep their cars, dont they, and the last time I cut my finger I kept the knife. The issue is premeditated murder and killing and that is one of the reasons why I keep my guns.

Since I never claimed that cars were safe or fingers or knives were safe, what is your point?

Quote:
Wanna get shot, go to school or a gun free zone.
People that are shot accidentally are STILL shot. There are more incidents of people being shot this year at gun shows and gun ranges than in schools and that is the simple fact of the matter. Based on the number of schools and the number of gun ranges you are actually much less likely to be shot in a school than at a gun range. Reality is reality no matter how much you want to pretend it doesn't exist.

I have never suggested taking your guns away but feel free to introduce that strawman as much as you want since I am sure you will keep at it since it seems to be your only argument.