ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 05:39 pm
@Tai Chi,
Good then, I get your view, liking daylight too.

On Pacco, he did meet light snow when he came with me to new mexico, but I've no photos. Back in the old northern cal seaport where I found him, I don't know his early history. There was sometimes snow inland (some miles, and higher), but I'm thinking he didn't know about it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 05:40 pm
@Tai Chi,
Be well..
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 05:55 pm
@Tai Chi,
travel safe, TC...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:12 pm
@Tai Chi,
Looks good!

It doesn't look like it's been too awful a winter - that's a terrific start to your new life.

Travel safely.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:18 pm
@Tai Chi,
Wonderful photos, Tai!

Interesting that the work goes on, rain, snow, hail, or shine!
I'll bet you two sleep well at night! Smile
farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:40 pm
@msolga,
we are so not getting any of mthat this year. I am liking this tropical surge in the mid Atlantic.
However, I understand that, the Arctic jett stream is fixed firmly in the canadian north and its staying, it then bulges south as it crosses into EUrope. Hence Canadia and ALsaka are getting really wintered in and so is Europe.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 07:24 pm
Found it on OCD: Obsessive Corgi Disorder, @ corgiaddiction.com
new temp avatar from same site, eightyxm the source, page 429.

This was where I got the corgi pic, but the site has changed since, so, no page 429, far as I can see.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 07:29 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Hence Canadia and ALsaka are getting really wintered in and so is Europe.

Canada not so much. We're getting our first hit of really cold weather tomorrow - and then it warms up again next week. It's been a truly bizarre winter.
sozobe

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 07:43 pm
@ossobuco,
I recognized it when you first posted it from a story of a corgi who found his way back from treacherous circumstances, I think he was out with his owner when they were caught in an avalanche, and the owner died? The corgi was presumed dead but then showed up at the ski resort (?) where they'd been staying.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 08:43 pm
@sozobe,
Snort, not to snort, but no, it was just from a photo I liked on maybe page 429 of the corgi addiction web site.

Oh, wait, you're teasing me. Love it. My take -

Corgi pawed fretfully but was unable to stay still so moved forward.
His feet were freaking cold. He put his head on his feet but it didn't help.
He moved on in the column of snow. He sort of liked it but it was too ******* cold.

He kept going, being a corgi. Gained pace. Almost trotted, well, a corgi trot.
Erupted to a photo shown in the avatar (bless the link, I hope to find it again to be more exact).

He saw a camera and smiled.
sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:47 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm actually completely serious!

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/parenting-family/pets/story/2012-01-06/Dog-found-alive-4-days-after-Montana-avalanche/52410830/1

But I'm finding similar but not exact photos when I'm looking him up, so may be wrong about that.
sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:52 pm
@sozobe,
Yeah, seems like your avatar is not Ole, just a similar-looking corgi against a snowy background. Appears in the Wikipedia page for corgis evidently, among other places:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_Corgi

Here's Ole:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZdGy5hf4rrI/TwY5yMBxe-I/AAAAAAAAOys/QFlzuU0VxrE/s640/ole1.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:12 pm
@sozobe,
Shorter nose.. I'm a corgi nose connoisseur.

Total tangent - a site I looked at a few hours ago re breeds at Westminster has a link to a corgi named Molly. Egads, the owner is going on and on about traits I think have nothing to do with corgis of the past, but recently increased with breeding practices.

<not . . . . lap . . . .dogs>

Meantime, hi, Tai Chi..

Oh, and like your signature line.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:31 pm
@ehBeth,
This winter is unlike anything anyone has ever seen. It's been hovering above zero and sunny, a few inches of snow - mostly melted, except for 3 cold snaps totaling 3 weeks altogether... It's -6/21F right now, we just coming off the last bit of cold. Truly bizarre.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:32 am
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-spc2DcsT10U/TziXRhKdQmI/AAAAAAAAMYQ/vsZqmmBC-BI/s400/valentine+teacher.JPG

a little scholarly Valentine for the two schoolhouse cuties
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 09:41 am
We have definitely had an unusually easy winter -- not that I'm complaining. We did get socked with snow yesterday -- maybe we'll get all of our winter in March!
Thanks for the valentine Beth :-) And thanks for all the good thoughts everyone.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 05:30 pm
@Tai Chi,
Hiya Tai Chi, good to see you, waves from a very hot (106) downunder. Some snow would be very welcome here. Smile
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 03:31 pm
@Tai Chi,
Tai Chi wrote:

...maybe we'll get all of our winter in March!

Ahem... Embarrassed ...it came in like a lion!

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o235/taichi_photos/IMG_1227.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o235/taichi_photos/IMG_1228.jpg

Power out for 2 days. Phone out for 1. Given our every day lifestyle you might well ask, "How could you tell? Razz "
sozobe

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 03:32 pm
@Tai Chi,
WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW....

Those are some gorgeous pictures though.

We never had that all winter this year, not once. I hope it's too late but it probably isn't. (I hope because we're well into daffodils and magnolia blossoms, a heavy snow at this point would be bad.)
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 03:35 pm
@Tai Chi,
Oh how lovely Tai Chi, exactly as I visualise winter, just beautiful. Good to see you and the Boss survive. Smile
0 Replies