Ramadan Rioting in Capital of Europe

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 11:55 am
I don't know more than the (semi-official) cafeteria there, which is good Alsacian average :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 02:00 pm
There are again some riots in Brussels tonight, this time with approx 150.000 people talking part and "ragga, électro, drum and bass".

"Nuit Blanche à Bruxelles" it's called .... and a lot of those activities are situated exactly in Les Molles, where according to McG Muslims rioters are destroying the Anglo-Saxon Belgian Christian-Jewish heritage. Or something like that.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 03:22 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
There are again some riots in Brussels tonight, this time with approx 150.000 people talking part and "ragga, électro, drum and bass".

"Nuit Blanche à Bruxelles" it's called .... and a lot of those activities are situated exactly in Les Molles, where according to McG Muslims rioters are destroying the Anglo-Saxon Belgian Christian-Jewish heritage. Or something like that.

According to me? Huh. I know English is not your first language, but surely you recognize that I did not write the article this thread is based on. Perhaps you could follow the link provided and see who did write it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 04:31 pm
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
The main stream media seems to be avoiding the riots in Brussels. I wonder why that is?

So, you don't consider the BBC, CNN International or Reuters to be "mainstream?" What an odd little world you inhabit.

I think he means it wasn't on Faux News.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 04:40 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:

we're having a Nuit Blanche here in Toronto starting in 20 minutes
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 04:42 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:

According to me? Huh. I know English is not your first language, but surely you recognize that I did not write the article this thread is based on. Perhaps you could follow the link provided and see who did write it.

you're the one who did the 'translation' from 'rioters' to 'Muslim', McG. guess we shouldn't be trusting your English to English translations, huh.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 10:57 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
McG, can you comment on the fact that the article doesn't explicitly say that the youths are muslim? You and the author appear to be equating immigrant with muslim in this piece. Do you have some reason for drawing that corelation? If so, can you show how these specific riots are related to Islam?

young men of North African descent...

Do you know what a euphemism is?

I read the article you posted and didn't see them described that way. I saw the word "immigrants". But I'll repeat my other question, can you show how these riots are related to Islam?

Related to Islam? WTF kind of question is that? You obviously have missed something or interpreted something wrong. What percentage of North African immigrants in Brussels AREN'T Islamic? These riots, sparked by one event, turned into a continuation of last years Ramadan riots egged on by militaristic Islamic trouble makers. Perhaps you can refer to the Reiters, BBC and whatever other news sources for more information on the story. When you find it, post a link for me.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 11:11 pm
What McGentrix does not know, and will never find out, until the Democrats regain the majority in the House and Senate, is that the so called "riots" are being set up in Brussels and other places in order to make Islam look bad so that the Bushies can continue to frighten the American people.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 11:28 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Related to Islam? WTF kind of question is that? You obviously have missed something or interpreted something wrong. What percentage of North African immigrants in Brussels AREN'T Islamic? These riots, sparked by one event, turned into a continuation of last years Ramadan riots egged on by militaristic Islamic trouble makers. Perhaps you can refer to the Reiters, BBC and whatever other news sources for more information on the story. When you find it, post a link for me.

Obviously, you don't rely on the news as given from there (e.g. Belgian sources) but to your own knowledge about Belgium.

That's a fair and good solution. Keep on with your excellent work!
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 11:34 pm
What McGentrix does not know, and will never find out, until the Democrats regain the majority in the House and Senate, is that the so called "riots" are being set up in Brussels and other places in order to make Islam look bad so that the Bushies can continue to frighten the American people.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 11:36 pm
You said so already.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 09:23 am
McGentrix wrote:
What percentage of North African immigrants in Brussels AREN'T Islamic? These riots, sparked by one event, turned into a continuation of last years Ramadan riots egged on by militaristic Islamic trouble makers. Perhaps you can refer to the Reiters, BBC and whatever other news sources for more information on the story. When you find it, post a link for me.

Unless you already know the answer, then you're simply guessing, but I guess the answer feels right to you. It has truthiness.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 09:48 am
I do suppose, since it was a member of their community, who died in prison, it is quite natural that they and not others demonstrated.

Since the autopsy of Fayçal Chaaban gave no final results - several more examinations have to be done, results will last weeks to be published, it is said - there's no reason for more demonstrations.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:10 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Related to Islam? WTF kind of question is that? You obviously have missed something or interpreted something wrong. What percentage of North African immigrants in Brussels AREN'T Islamic? These riots, sparked by one event, turned into a continuation of last years Ramadan riots egged on by militaristic Islamic trouble makers.

What is your evidence that these young men have been "egged on by militaristic Islamic trouble makers?" Without evidence, we can only assume that you're making **** up.

Quote:
Perhaps you can refer to the Reiters, BBC and whatever other news sources for more information on the story. When you find it, post a link for me.

I already provided a link to the BBC story, and to the CNN International report which they attributed to Reuters (which might be what you mean by "Reiters")--apparently you don't even read your own threads.

None of those stories referred to "militaristic Islamic trouble makers," or anyone who could remotely be so described.

My conclusion is that you don't pay attention, and that you're making **** up.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:21 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Just to be sure, I did a search on the first page of this thread for the words north and african. Neither are in that article, though the word immigrants is. I think you are jumping to a conclusion that you are predisposed to make.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:27 pm
I should add that the fact that the community is made up of mostly north africans, and that more north africans are muslim, doesn't mean that the riots have anything to do with Islam. If they were rioting over a new cartoon of Mohammed, I could see drawing that conclusion. In this case, it seems a lot closer to the Rodney King rioting -- only decidedly less violent.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:58 pm
Setanta wrote:

My conclusion is that you don't pay attention, and that you're making **** up.

Definately - he's even not interested in any news after Monday last week nor to learn anything about the reason of this demonstration.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:01 pm
Of course he's not interested in the reason, he assumes that in advance. The only problem he has is that the other members here don't accept his unsubstantiated and bigotted assumption that the reason is because they're Muslims, and that everyone knows, or ought to know, that Islam is an inherently violent belief set which leads those who adhere to predictably behave in a violent manner.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:08 pm
Additionally, one should know that the "Quatier Bruegel - Marolles" isn't predominanted by immigrants at all: it's one of the most famous quarters of Brussels in Art Deco:

Quote:
Cœur historique du commerce bruxellois, le quartier de la rue Haute et de la rue Blaes rassemble près de 300 commerces dont la plupart sont également ouverts le dimanche. Vous y trouverez certainement ce dont vous révez. Et si vous ne cherchez rien, vous trouverez quand même.

Description in English
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:14 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
Setanta wrote:
So, then Woiyo, we can assume that at any time as a group of Christians riot, it will be because Christianity is a violent religion, no?

After all, your criterion seems to be that if a Muslim does something "bad," it's because Islam is "evil." Therefore, one should be able, by that criterion, to state that anything "bad" done by someone who happens to be Christian is evidence that Christianity is "evil."
The logic is right, but it does seem to me that we dont have much trouble with rioting christians because they tend not to riot. Which begs the question are they rioting because they are Islamists or because they are poor and disadvantaged? Even in Brussels, they dont have bread riots any more (pate de fois gras riots...maybe) which leads me to the unpalatable (excuse pun) conclusion that there is an element in these various disturbances which is indeed orchestrated by political-Islam. I wish it wasnt so, and I am open to persuasion that there is no religious input, but i fear there is.

This from page 1 of this thread. It appears to ne that Steve's description above is a good deal more accurate and rational than either the accusations or the indignant denials on the last few pages.
0 Replies