Pope launches scathing attack on Islam

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 06:52 am
squinney wrote:
Did anyone else notice that the news coverage showed Muslims reacting to the Popes remarks / quote with violence, anger and burning of effigies?

Not what I've seen/heard.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 06:56 am
squinney wrote:
Did anyone else notice that the news coverage showed Muslims reacting to the Popes remarks / quote with violence, anger and burning of effigies?

I think thats a sign of a successful religion. They're willing to die for their faith. Christians should do the same, however they're unlikely to, as Muslims have never insulted Christ.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 07:23 am
Thomas wrote:
squinney wrote:

You don't say ... ya think they're trying to spread through the sword the faith he [Muhammed] preached?

I'm saying they are making the Pope (the part of the speech he quoted to which they objected) correct. How can they argue that the Pope is slandering Mohammed or changing the previous Popes stance on religious tolerance when their reaction will be percieved as making the quote correct?

I hadn't heard about this until late last night. The footage attached to the story showed "protests" in several different locations with angry muslims shaking their fist at the camera, burning effigies, yelling, etc. Just didn't look like a peaceful religion to me, and when that is what we see it contradicts their claim.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 08:28 am
Reminds me of a quote by Thomas Sowell:

"It's amazing how much panic one honest man can spread among a multitude of hypocrites."
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 11:31 am
freedom4free wrote:
squinney wrote:

I think thats a sign of a successful religion. They're willing to die for their faith. Christians should do the same, however they're unlikely to, as Muslims have never insulted Christ.

Is is easier to die for a faith than to live for one.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 11:39 am
RexRed wrote:
freedom4free wrote:
squinney wrote:

I don't think you'd need to have courage to live, but try strapping a bomb on your chest ready to pull the trigger, then let me know how you feel. Don't think its easy, its easy to say but not to do.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 11:44 am
If anyone had read the whole speech and understood it, it was not really directed at Muslims it was directed at Christians and how the are to relate to science contradicting their faith. The the "logos" does not only mean "the word" but it also means reason and the discourse of the word. Let there be logos, let there be reason.

I think this pope is a highly progressive thinker and has just brought the church into the age of reason. I am very impressed by his words though a bit technical they are very informed.

His words are heart felt and scholastically true.

Religious hate is not new and the "radical" muslims did not invent religious terror. They have just revived it in the face of technology, science, biology, sociology and history of all things.

The radical Muslims sects are fighting science and reason not only other religion. Yet they must use science to fight science. So this only shows another contradiction that Allah (PBUH) has to endure.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 11:56 am
freedom4free wrote:
RexRed wrote:
freedom4free wrote:
squinney wrote:

I don't think you'd need to have courage to live, but try strapping a bomb on your chest ready to pull the trigger, then let me know how you feel. Don't think its easy, its easy to say but not to do.

It take courage to sail against every single day the wave of disbelief. It is much easier to to pull a chord and die than to spend an entire life being attacked for your faith and having to actually reason with your faith and God.

Trying faith takes aggressive guts and energy of conviction too. Progressively more conviction over one's lifetime. It also provides a living example to others. More energy than pushing an auto dial. Allah (PBUH) judges suicide bombers as cowardly compared to love bombers. Love bombers have to sacrifice very single thought to stand up for the faith. Suicide bombers only have to stand for Allah (PBUH) one moment. That is weakness not strength.

Ro 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 12:02 pm
RexRed

Quote:
It is much easier to to pull a chord and die

Prove it, then get someone to post the photos here.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 12:03 pm
RexRed wrote:

I think this pope is a highly progressive thinker and has just brought the church into the age of reason.

With this opinion you are rather lonely, even in the Catholic Church.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 12:07 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
RexRed wrote:

I think this pope is a highly progressive thinker and has just brought the church into the age of reason.

With this opinion you are rather lonely, even in the Catholic Church.

Well it is just my educated opinion. Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 12:10 pm
freedom4free wrote:
RexRed

Quote:

Just turn on Al Jazerra and you will see all the photos you need. Very Happy
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 12:19 pm
http://www.crimelibrary.com/terrorists_spies/terrorists/palestinians/index.html
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 12:32 pm
http://www.husseinandterror.com/

Some more pictures...
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 12:39 pm
RexRed wrote:
freedom4free wrote:
RexRed

Quote:

Ah, but you see, it doest work like that, you made the claim therefore you have to prove it. They, as i've already said, are courageous, they're dying for their faith (whether its false or true, right or wrong, is another matter).
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 01:20 pm
freedom4free wrote:
RexRed wrote:
freedom4free wrote:
RexRed

Quote:

Ah, but you see, it doest work like that, you made the claim therefore you have to prove it. They, as i've already said, are courageous, they're dying for their faith (whether its false or true, right or wrong, is another matter).

I do not advise you go strap a bomb to yourself and find out, but I will strap love and compassion to myself and find out too. See who lives a LONG and prosperous life. See who goes to hell for murder against humanity.

See who goes to heaven by love for humanity.

Are you an idiot or just a brainwashed left wing nutcase?

How about putting the face of Saddam in that tasteless bomb avatar of yours? Or even the mirror of your own cowardly face? Considering you think to die for something is harder than living for something. You have more to fear from the warped ideology of your goons than you do George Bush.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 01:30 pm
RexRed
Quote:

I do not advise you go strap a bomb to yourself and find out, but I will strap love and compassion to myself and find out too. See who lives a LONG and prosperous life. See who goes to hell for murder against humanity.

How about putting the face of Saddam in that tasteless bomb avatar of yours? Or even the mirror of your own cowardly face? Considering you think to die for something is harder than living for something. You have more to fear from the warped ideology of your goons than you do George Bush.

I didn't say i would/could strap a bomb, in fact i don't have the courage. Why are you making things up?

Are you talking about the 'love and compassion' bomb, that have killed well over 100,000 innocent iraqi's ?

If you've supported Bush, blood is on your hands.

http://bloguyana.weblogs.us/bush/bushblood.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 01:52 pm
freedom4free wrote:
RexRed
Quote:

I didn't say i would/could strap a bomb, in fact i don't have the courage. Why are you making things up?

Are you talking about the 'love and compassion' bomb, that have killed well over 100,000 innocent iraqi's ?

Laughing

Watch where you point your finger... one way the people will just ignore your foolishness and the other way your hand will get cut off.

And who is setting off bombs in Baghdad on a weekly almost daily basis the US soldiers and George Bush or Islamic fascists?

You are so confused, you do not even know who the enemy is. What a sad state to be in. Man in the dark. Just think, killers applaud your hatred of George Bush.

As radical Islamic fascism spreads silently in the third world regions through genocide and "the sword" they will soon be at your door and then you will sadly but unmistakeably realize how WRONG you have been all along. You will realize your last chances to save the sanity of the world were spent being part of the problem. These people are not "innocent" if they in any way are permitting murderers and a murderous ideology to exist.

Bush is not the one installing bombs in civilians houses next to their microwave and washing machines and building military installations in mosques.

The incompetence of the far left is inconceivable.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:07 pm
RexRed

Quote:
And who is setting off bombs in Baghdad on a weekly almost daily basis the US soldiers and George Bush or Islamic fascists?

They're Iraqi resistance fighters. Bush has caused the chaos, his soldiers have raped Iraq. What the f*** do you expect them to do, throw flowers ? Laughing

Bush's army is in their country you fool.

What would you do if America was invaded and Iraqi soldiers killed your family and raped your teenage daughters ?

Strap a 'love and compassion' bomb? Laughing
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:18 pm
What was the Pope really trying to say (with another man's words)?

That the roman catholic church was the greatest offender of destroying civilizations of reason. Look what they did to the Aztec. As barbaric as the Aztec were... the catholics did not have to destroy all of their holy books of reason and science. Their calendars and reckoning of life were purposefully destroyed due to the intolerance of reason over the push of stagnant religious ideology.

What the Pope is saying is that the roman catholic church has not always been in the business of simply "defending the faith" but it was once in the business of actively spreading the faith by the sword. Eventually reason/renaissance won over the sword and the clerical rule was reduced into a sub culture to make way for science and social harmony and true liberty seasoned with love.

So the Muslim ideologues are not bringing anything new into the modern religious psyche that was not contrived of earlier and attempted by their Christian/Jewish predecessors.
0 Replies