WHO WILL WIN IN NOVEMBER?

SBrowning

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 11:42 am
Some people feel that Republicans mudsling
Some people feel that Republicans mudsling. I however tend to disagree. On the official site for Liberals there are more Conservative attacking headlines than there are of Liberal promoting headlines. In case you haven't noticed Democrats try to win elections by putting down the opposing party or bringing up the war in iraq. Just a little FYI- many DEMOCRATS voted for that war. Do you want to know the objective of the terrorist population? Their whole purpose for attacking the U.S. is to kill us. What else do they want? We needed that war. War is a terrible thing, but when plans of attacking innocent lives are taking place, something NEEDS to be done.
0 Replies

SBrowning

Some people feel that Republicans mudsling. I however tend to disagree. On the official site for Liberals there are more Conservative attacking headlines than there are of Liberal promoting headlines. In case you haven't noticed Democrats try to win elections by putting down the opposing party or bringing up the war in iraq. Just a little FYI- many DEMOCRATS voted for that war. Do you want to know the objective of the terrorist population? Their whole purpose for attacking the U.S. is to kill us. What else do they want? We needed that war. War is a terrible thing, but when plans of attacking innocent lives are taking place, something NEEDS to be done.
0 Replies

SBrowning

0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 11:44 am
SBrowning you are obviously a moron and ignorant as well as redundant.
0 Replies

SBrowning

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 11:47 am
By the way, itsn't it a little bit ironic to have a picture of a baby for your icon when you're a Democrat?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 11:48 am
SBrowning wrote:
By the way, itsn't it a little bit ironic to have a picture of a baby for your icon when you're a Democrat?

Yes quite true, it takes an adult to be a democrat.
0 Replies

SBrowning

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 11:49 am
I wouldn't expect someone with DYSLEXIA to understand that anyway. You're argument was a purely solid defense. Smile
0 Replies

SBrowning

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 11:51 am
I was referring to abortion in case that was confusing.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 12:02 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
So far I have seen criticism of the Republicans, but I maintain you don't win by bashing Republicans.

What will Pelosi, Durban, Kennedy, Biden et al do differently if the Democrats regain power?

They will get us out of Iraq much quicker. At this point, Bush is staying to save face. The Iraqis hate us, and a little under half want us dead.

The Dems will quickly reduce the deficits, and probably bring back surpluses. John Spratt will head Budget, and his number one goal is deficit elimination.

The Dems will move toward universal health-care coverage, and more protection of pension assets. They will bring in a stronger SEC, FCC, EPA, etc., to protect the public from the scammers. The EPA's watchdog just said that ethics at the agency is essentially MIA. (The head of EPA is, of course, a former lobbyist.)

The Dems will stop the tax expenditures for the super rich.

Under Bush, alternative fuels means looking in new places for oil. The Dems will mandate more hybrid vehicles, etc., and, certainly, better mpg for our autos.

Etc., etc.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 12:02 pm
SBrowning wrote:
I wouldn't expect someone with DYSLEXIA to understand that anyway. You're argument was a purely solid defense. Smile

Hi SBrowning and welcome to A2K. Please don't judge us all by the few who don't have much to offer other than casting personal aspersions on other members.

Ebrown finally did offer one reason to vote for a Democrat in this election but even then she couldn't quite spit it out without Republican bashing Smile

Again the Republicans could lose their majority status in one or both houses this November but it will be because they lost their conservative vision and either took the coward's way out or veered too far left. Those who get back on message and make the electorate believe them will be re-elected in most cases.

The Democrats will win if they actually come up with a message that is palatable and actually make it convincing. "Well fix the immigration problem" is not a message. It's campaign rhetoric. Those candidates who actually state what should happen will be favorably received if the electorate likes what they state.

So far the Democrats are running against Republicans and not FOR anything. That's about the one thing the Republicans have in their favor this election.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 12:11 pm
SBrowning wrote:

That is a picture of my daughter. It is important to me that she gets the chance to live in a free society where she has the rights over her own body. Democrats want every baby to be wanted and loved-- and she is both.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 12:38 pm
dyslexia wrote:
SBrowning wrote:

Yes quite true, it takes an adult to be a democrat.

It always amazes me how so many conservatives don't seem to understand the English language. Hasn't ole fartbubbles made the same mistake with use of the word "ironic"?

"Ironic" could be considered the opposite of "redundant" which I think is what SBrowning was trying to say.

I was going to let your usual wit rest on its own merits dys but sometimes the kids need things explained to them.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 01:37 pm
It is quite clear that you don't know what you are talking about! It is well if eBrown is proud of his daughter, but it is not acceptable if he uses her as a symbol against abortion. The rights of women must be preserved at all costs. That is another reason why the Republicrats and the 90 IQ Bush must be defeated soundly in November!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 01:39 pm
Foxfyre, I have to say your posts on this thread are making me feel very happy-- for two reasons.

First, when the religious right wing starts making excuses for why they are going to lose an election before it even takes place... well that is never a bad thing for us progressives. You actually sound like the democrats did before the last couple of elections.

Second, my strategy is to show the center of the country that the Republicans have pulled the country too far to the right-- with celebration of war, intolerance of diversity, and support of the rich over the middle class.

You say you want to pull the Republican party further to the right-- I say Amen Sister, Pull Away!
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 01:41 pm
The Republicans are crowing about the bogus 4.7% Unemployment Rate. That is a fake number. There are many discouraged would be workers out there who are not counted. The deficit is huge. The debt is immense. Bushie got into this problem. Our National Debt is at an all time high of nine trillion dollars. And most of those dollars went into the pockets of big oil. Noone who knows of Bushie's history can doubt that he will get a big cut of that money!!
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:28 pm
SBrowning wrote:

Here
Here
Here
and finally,
Here, are 4 good reasons why any insults or ad hominems you lob at dys or ebrown simply hit the dirt before crossing the plate.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:36 pm
e Brown wants his daughter to have the rights over her own body. The Bushies will take away those rights by revoking Roe Vs. Wade. They have already put in two Neanderthals- Roberts and Alito. e Brown knows that the fundamentalists are on the march!!!!
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 06:25 pm
Democrats will largely defeat themselves by emphasizing (through Soros' purse and the ravings of their moonbat fringe) those candidates who embrace the most radical anti-war stance, like Lamont. None of these rabid anti-war candidates will win, although several Dems with more moderate anti-war stances will beat their Republican opponent.

End result..Republicans will lose seats, but squeak by with control of both Houses.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 06:46 pm
My opinion is that this November election is going to really be a shocker. I know more angry independents and conservatives that are going to vote differently this election. My liberal moderate friends of course will be out en masse. I only hope that the election will be fair and the Diebold machines and the cops and obstacles for voting will allow a really democratic election. I suspect the turnout to be much larger than usual for a mid-term election.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 10:59 pm
You are naive if you think the Diebold machines won't be manipulated as they were in Ohio. I have heard that thousands of people from the South and West are being given marching orders from the fundamentalist churches to vote early and often. Liberals want the elections to be fair. The history of the last three elections show that the fundamentalist Republicrats led by Bushie will cheat, lie and steal.
0 Replies