Nuke Iran

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 10:06 am
Asherman wrote:
I have almost zero faith in popularity polls.

At least they show a broader image than when a single "Asherman" says on A2K that Iran, in his opinion, is perhaps the most dangerous country in the world .
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 10:08 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Just goes to show you what propaganda can do, huh Walter? Did they poll you? What would your response have been?

I gave the link to that report. And when you would follow it, you'd noticed that in Germany no-one was polled but in the UK, Israel ...

A-loch.

So, how would have voted? What is your opinion?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 10:10 am
It's not question-time here, McG and even if - I don't see any reason at all to anwer question.

Post your real name openly like I do - I might consider it, though.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 10:17 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
It's not question-time here, McG and even if - I don't see any reason at all to anwer question.

Post your real name openly like I do - I might consider it, though.

So you won't answer the question, but you will post a story about how some europeans think. Typical.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 10:26 am
McGentrix wrote:

So you won't answer the question, but you will post a story about how some europeans think. Typical.

Before you write more nonsense here, you really should follow the link:

Quote:
The survey has been carried out by the Guardian in Britain and leading newspapers in Israel (Haaretz), Canada (La Presse and Toronto Star) and Mexico (Reforma)

So it's some Europeans, you're correct. And 75% from other continents.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 10:29 am
Well, they put a big number next to Bush, so they're all Europeans at heart.

Amazing how much Conservatives like to denigrate our allies, yet can't understand when they don't support us.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 10:42 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Before you write more nonsense here, you really should follow the link:

Quote:
The survey has been carried out by the Guardian in Britain and leading newspapers in Israel (Haaretz), Canada (La Presse and Toronto Star) and Mexico (Reforma)

So it's some Europeans, you're correct. And 75% from other continents.

Why are you so afraid to answer the question Walter? Do you actually think that W is less dangerous then the other 3 but are afraid of what your fellow liberals might think?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 10:43 am
I'm not afraid. But I don't answer questions openly with my name that are posed by such persons like you.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 10:51 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I'm not afraid. But I don't answer questions openly with my name that are posed by such persons like you.

ok, but if you can't post your own opinion, don't try to discuss other peoples opinions when they DO post them here. I can't believe what a wuss you are.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 10:54 am
Well, he is European, so why can't you believe it?

That's pretty much what you think about all of them, right?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 10:59 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Well, he is European, so why can't you believe it?

That's pretty much what you think about all of them, right?

Cycloptichorn

Nope. Just those too cowardly to express their own opinions while criticizing those that do. Doesn't really matter to me where they are from.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:03 am
McGentrix wrote:

ok, but if you can't post your own opinion, don't try to discuss other peoples opinions when they DO post them here. I can't believe what a wuss you are.

Just show when I've beaten ebhind the bush with my opinion.

I say it again - write it, that is: I don't answer such questions posed by you here and now.

But generally, if someone had asked me the question of that poll, I truely believe that George Bush' foreign policy has made the worls less safe.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:13 am
I express my opinions, and do not pretend that it represents anyone elses opinions at all. When replying to a question, it is there for everyone to see and judge for themselves how biased the question is and how responsive (or not) I am. What you see, is what you get.

Polls on the other hand purport to reflect the opinions of a large, but anonymous population set. The reader most often does not know what questions were asked, or the exact wording of the questions. We don't know how random or representative the population set is. How objective is the organization doing the poll, and how uniform was the collection of data? Is the poll a "snap-shot", or is it one of a series to track trends? Polls are much less exact than hearing the individual opinions of people whose positions on things you already have a pretty good knowledge of.

I'm much more interested in posts that reflect individual thinking and opinions than those that merely republish the views of the Commentariat, regardless of political positions. If no one ever adopts my opinions, thats alright with me. Neither do I expect that anyone here will significantly change my political views. This isn't a contest, nor even a debate. The Forum, I think, is a place where we can express our opinions and discuss points of view like civilized people.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:57 pm
Quote:

House leader distancing herself from Iraq war

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- As she fights for her political life, House leader Deborah Pryce (R-Ohio) is distancing herself from the Iraq war, telling CNN Radio, "What's happening in Iraq is not a direct reflection on me."

The seven-term Republican is the House Republican Caucus chairman, the fourth highest-ranking position in the House. She won her last election with 62 percent of the vote, but experts say her current race with Democrat Mary Jo Kilroy is a toss-up.

Pryce made the remark during an interview at a Columbus factory Tuesday. When pressed by CNN on whether her position as a House leader connected her to the situation in Iraq, Pryce objected to the interruption of her remarks and said the interview was over.

"Thanks, I'm done," Pryce said. She expressed frustration and walked away saying, "Maybe we'll call you later when I'm feeling better."

In a statement issued to CNN later, Pryce finished her response, writing, "What's happening in Iraq is not a direct reflection on me... I voted to give the President the authority to use force in Iraq; that doesn't mean I'm always happy with what I see, but I can think of nothing worse for our troops or our prospects for success than having 435 members of Congress second-guessing our commanders."

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/2006/11/house-leader-distancing-herself-from.html

The last comment, above.

Heaven's to Betsy no; no responsible person would ever even suggest that it's the job of the congressional branch to watch over the executive branch. Why would anyone, for one second, figure they needed to second-guess the shining examples of leadership that have issued forth from the WH?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 08:56 pm
Just wait until Pelosi starts focusing on the real issues, like retreating, disarming, and in general acting like a bunch of liberal pansy asses - that'll get the respect we deserve.

DON'T SACRIFICE YOUR DIGNITY - DON'T VOTE DEMOCREEP.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:10 pm
Um, just wondering. As a curious outsider. Who is the we?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:12 pm
Certainly not canada.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:13 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Certainly not canada.

I guess I shouldn't have expected a serious and reasonable answer from you.

Thanks for the lack of effort.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:15 pm
Thanks for the lack of courage and self respect. Stay on your side of the border please.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:20 pm
Fortunately, I know that most Americans are not like you. That speaks well for your countrymen who have my respect.
0 Replies