a short notice gathering in Boston anyone?

Diane

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 08:47 pm
Jjorge, maybe at the next Boston meeting I'll let loose with my version of coyote singing. Give me a couple of drinks and I guarantee I'll be singing!
Osso, love your story. Keep us posted.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 02:47 am
Maybe we should find a good place for the coyote singing. I'm not so sure I want to risk being potentially banned from Vinny's for the rest of my days.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 02:55 am
How abt the entrance to the tube station ? We might collect some money in the process as well !!!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 05:10 am
Collect money? You mean people might pay to make us stop?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 05:14 am
When people will realize that off key singing (or shall I call it assaulting the ear drums) is the best thing which we can do to earn money, they are sure to feel sorry for us !!!

$15 which have been collected aint enuff to bring me to Boston Sad
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 07:14 am
gautam

You could get a return from about 480 ₤ onwards, which is ... about 800 $ = only just 53 times more these 15 $!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 07:23 am
Reminds me of Freewheelin Franklin Freek (of the Fabulous Furry Freak Bros. natch') chasing citizensw with his guitar singing something like

Oh give me your money
You can drop it right here in my hat
Oh give me some money
Or I'll follow you home and sing under your window all night...

Hey Guat... Our T came before your Tube!
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:09 am
I sing karaoke. A definition of karaoke is a place where people who shouldn't drink meet people who shouldn't sing.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 10:24 am
... not exactly sure why, but the combination of wildlife & karaoke discussion triggered a profound, yet up till now all but forgotten memory of our family dog being repeatedly tormented by my little sister with her ... recorder... playing, which could simultaneously break glass and raise the dead. Rolling Eyes

our doggie, dickens, was indeed as cute as the -- you know, and would let out a series of heart-wrenching howls every time my sister displayed her recorder prowess. she, being 8 thought it was the coolest thing ever! me, having had an extra 2 years of life experiences, thought it was kinda cool, but also kinda crool. Sad

now the crux: was dickens indeed in agony, as i assumed, or was he merely joining in with the musical merriment?

has anyone else had a similar experience with a crooning canine?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 10:58 am
Region, yes!!! When I was a child, playing the recorder, my best friend's springer spaniel would sit at my side and howl with lyricism and emotion. Not being sure what the emotion could possibly be, I was always sure to pick a varied selection whenever he came to visit. We became a rather enjoyable duo.
You just made me realize that I've always had this need to make music with animals. I wonder if Paul Winter has any openings in his group....
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 11:02 am
James Taylor refers to himself as a Golden, or just a dog

....theres some kind of thing with dogs and music, thats for sure but, my dog had no problem with the flute so, it must be the tone.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 11:16 am
A dog's ear picks up a different range of sounds than the human ear. So, it's quite possible that there's an understone to a recorder which only the dog can hear. We hear only the surface notes. (Of course that doesn't answer the question of whether the two pooches in question were in agony or in ecstasy over the sounds they heard.)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 11:22 am
and..the real question..would they both be in agony or ecstasy or are there also different ranges they would prefer/distaste?
I would think so at least.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 11:26 am
I remember my buddy's dog(anyone remember "The Ese?") would start howling when he put in a certain Bon Jovi song...I forget what song it was, but it was damn funny.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 12:38 pm
this just in:
another childhood memory, this time involving our pet cat Max. he was fascinated by a big box fan we had in a kitchen window. it was the reversible kind and was always set on "exhaust". he would stare at that fan for hours, transfixed by the movement and/or sound it made.

so one day i mischievously tossed a small piece of tissue through the fan. max's reaction to this was striking: he began meowing -- a lower pitch than normal -- and stared at it (as he would a preyed-upon bird) as it first swirled around with the fan blades, then floated away on the outside air, his tail twitching violently from side to side.

at the time i thought that he thought it was a bird, and was stalking it. i repeated the tissue shred experiment a number of times, and he always reacted in exactly the same manner.

(side note: Max was your typical non-chalant, independent feline. never a cuddler, he often looked at us with what appeared to be disdain. the first day we had him he set the tone by spitting/hissing at poor Dickens, who subsequently was never able to regain his aplha-male status.)
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 12:50 pm
Slappy -- why's that funny? I always howl when I hear a Bon Jovi song. (I roll over and 'play dead' whenever I hear the Spice Girls.)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:28 pm
I think for maximal howling effect we'll need recorders (I haven't played one since junior high, so I'm guessing my skill level will be just about right for our purposes) and canines. And please bring along Screech, so that he can be shot at regular intervals.

I have a tin ear, no pitch and a range that goes from bad to unbelievably bad.

We'll open with O Canada, and will ensnare the hockey fans, at least.

I hear Region is a tenor.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 07:12 pm
so... where is the Ese these days anyway? Mebbe he was the guy talking to a builiding.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 07:31 pm
He decided to follow his dream of becoming the world's greatest nintendo player, so he's pale and weighs 80 lbs.

No, he's around, just doesn't hit these sites anymore.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 08:31 pm
Screech too! Hmm... he could add an interesting effect. If I howl, Bootsie looks at me like I'm crazy, but the cat, well, he looks at me like I'm his date for the night.
0 Replies