a short notice gathering in Boston anyone?

jespah

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 03:04 pm
Argh, now I have to do some work. :-D

http://www.vinnytestas.com/loc_index.asp

Vinny T's of Boston Back Bay
867 Boylston Street
Boston MA 02115
Jose Rodriguez, Manager
http://www.vinnytestas.com/loc_details.asp?ID=2105

http://www.vinnytestas.com/tm_food.asp

Well, it's somewhat near Copley Square. I'd recommend heading to any parking garage in the area (there are several), or taking the T to Copley Square or maybe the Hines Convention Center stop and walking (depends on the weather).

Oh yeah, the weather: http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/02115?lswe=02115&lwsa=WeatherLocalTravel
We've had rain for weeks but there are occasional nice days.

Portions are enormous. I ain't kiddin'. Bring a large appetite. Be prepared to either share food or bring some home. Prices are reasonably inexpensive (salads and soups about $5, pastas around $10 when you buy for one, other entrées go no higher than $18). If there are 6 of us, we can go family style and everything's included for $20 each plus 18 percent gratuity. That includes salads, appetizers, entrées and desserts, all to share. Drinks aren't included. They only list nonalcoholic stuff on the website, but there's wine and stuff, a full bar if I recall correctly (I've mainly been to the one in Brookline but have been to this one, but it was a few years ago). Going vegetarian is possible (pastas).

Oh yeah, and we might win free dinners (drinks, tax and tip aren't included). Mr. Jespah and I have actually won this so it is possible.
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 03:13 pm
Jespah have I ever told you you're magnificent? Just checked the menu. Veal parmigiana $13.95. Yum! They close at 12:00 so don't set 11:45 pm as the time.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 03:29 pm
Jes, there's a parking garage almost directly across the street at the Prudential.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 03:29 pm
Golly. Embarrassed

I can't eat that late anyway, or I'll be eyeing fellow T passengers with hunger. We'll need some hours to eat, drink and gab. It's a work night so super-early is out. I don't have time constraints but of course other folks do.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:05 pm
Hi Lola, Jes, et al

I noticed this thread previously and wanted to attend but it slipped my mind. Diane called it to my attention tonight.

Jes, thanks for being task oriented. Now there is a time and place on the table.

In the absence of any objections can we 'lock it in' for Vinny T's on Friday 6-20 ?

I didn't see a time. Can I suggest 7pm?

Assuming for a moment that 7pm is acceptable to all, can we get a SHOW OF HANDS of all those who plan to attend? (I'd pay a buck to meet Slappy)

(jjorge raises his hand) . . . I'LL BE THERE.
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:07 pm
7:00pm is etched on my so called brain. I'll be there!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:09 pm
damn damn damn.......... hmmm, maybe I could do both. Nemmind me, just talking to my self.

So.... If we get a general outline of the plans for the evening and someone has a cell, I'm sure I'll make it for some portion of the evening. No way to do this on saturday?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:18 pm
OK, I uncovered where I'm staying. It's the Plaza Fifty Hotel, 155 E. 50th Street. That must be downtown. I can take a taxi to anywhere, can't I? So you guys name the place..........
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:20 pm
That's a Boston address?
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:25 pm
Littlek

I could do it on Saturday (same place, same time etc)

Can other potential attendees (especially Lola) indicate which of the two days they prefer?

I could do EITHER ONE but it would be nice if we could 'firm up' a plan in the next day or so. Then all that would be left would be to refine the details and exhort others to attend.

I hope I don't seem to 'pushy' here but I confess to being somewhat task-oriented myself.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:35 pm
Lola wrote:
OK, I uncovered where I'm staying. It's the Plaza Fifty Hotel, 155 E. 50th Street. That must be downtown. I can take a taxi to anywhere, can't I? So you guys name the place..........

Lola,

That Hotel IS in New York City!
http://www.asiatravel.com/usa/newyork/newyork/plazafifty/index.html

Let me see...how can I say this...
...Are you mistaken about the hotel or are you mistaken about the city?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:36 pm
I did the same search.....
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 10:35 pm
Laugh
you are so right
Got a little confused
I'll look again..............sec
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 10:36 pm
It's the Boston Park Plaza...........see, that's close

LOL!!

That's at 64 Arlington Street (between Columbus Avenue and St. James Avenue)
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 10:39 pm
I think I prefer Friday night, but I could also do Saturday
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:36 am
Oog... all the way to Beantown and you point her to a franchise?

Ah well, prolly more room than at the Union Oyster House!

Time and Place duly noted... I'll see what can be done.
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 05:34 am
The Park Plaza is within walking distance to Vinny Testa's
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 08:48 am
Hand raising and putting another dollar down on the table for the slap man.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 09:17 am
Oy. I don't know...weekends are tough for me, especially Fridays. Looks like I could be making some money though.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 09:19 am
Come on Slappy.........do it for yourself. Would love to see you.
0 Replies