My ex called tonight and asked me to marry him.

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 09:12 am
Ah well, very good!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 09:13 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Montana--

Forgive me, but I've lost track of your Tarnished Knights. This is your romance from eight years ago? You broke up because you were tired of mothering and mirroring a grown man?

How did he find you in New Brunswick? Why does he think you've been yearning for what he represents--let alone what he is?

Unfortunately, the past comes with tentacles and every tentacle is covered with little, sticky suckers.

Hold your dominion.

Yup, that's the guy and he knows now that his tentacles can't reach me anymore ;-)

He always knew I was in New Brunswick and called/emailed from time to time.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 09:14 am
Poor guy.... Ah, well, very good!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 09:18 am
ossobuco wrote:
But did he open the car door?

Laughing No, but he was a great lover ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 09:20 am
littlek wrote:
Poor guy.... Ah, well, very good!

I do feel sorry for him, but knowing that he only asked me because he's desperate, kinda takes away a bit of the pitty ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 09:25 am
<grin>
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 01:42 pm
Montana--

You were not born to be a matress.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 06:54 pm
That's so true Noddy! Cool
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 06:57 pm
If he is, as you say, a great lover and also desperate. It does say something about the man as to why he is desperate. It appears that it would be issues outside of the bedroom.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 06:58 pm
whew!

There's still a chance for us single guys.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 07:10 pm
Intrepid wrote:
If he is, as you say, a great lover and also desperate. It does say something about the man as to why he is desperate. It appears that it would be issues outside of the bedroom.

He's an alcoholic Sad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 07:12 pm
Ragman_orig wrote:
whew!

There's still a chance for us single guys.

:-D

Hiya Ragman ;-)
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 07:42 pm
hi Montana!

My experience with something sort of along those lines is that it's usually a passing phase. Whatever is going in there empty lives eventually passes. and they go away.

I had an ex g/f with whom I lived with for 5 yrs (my only bad breakup) email me a few year after we broke up. She HAD gotten married but still wanted to have contact with me. I emailed her back and told her unless she stopped ALL contact with me, I'd send a registered letter to her hubby with all details.

Never heard from her again, thankfully.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 07:54 pm
Ragman
Sounds like you needed to break the ties with her, for your own good and I love the way you handled it Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 08:03 pm
I'm hoping now that he knows my heart is heading elsewhere, he'll realize, once and for all, that I'm no longer on his list of resorts.

It's a shame, really. He's a great looking guy who really isn't a bad guy, but he continues to allow the booze to control his whole life and now at 36 years old, he has absolutely nothing to show for all these years, including a place to live.
I will always love and worry about him, but I am no longer in love with him.

I do hope he finds his way and doesn't end up dead, like my other ex, by means of an overdose of pills or alcohol.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 08:52 pm
Montana- Was your other relationship (the guy who died) an alcoholic or drug addict? If so, before you get seriously involved with anybody, it would be a good idea if you understood why you attract, and are attracted to these sorts of individuals.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 10:51 pm
Montana wrote:
Ragman
Sounds like you needed to break the ties with her, for your own good and I love the way you handled it Laughing

But...I HAD broken the ties. Just before we broke up, things were so bad (we had been in couple's therapy) as she wouldn't respond to suggestions, pleading to reform her ways, that I moved out and left her while she was at work that day. Like I said, things were so bad (controlling and incapable of compromise). This wasn't to be dramatic or ruin her life. I just had to take back my life. I learned what were my limitations to help someone else or to help fix a relationship that was failing

After 3 or 4 years after the break up, and not hearing from her, I had blocked her email address due to previous attempts of hers. She was an abusive woman, not an acloholic. Oddly, however, she had been married to abusive alcoholic man ten year prior.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 12:59 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Montana- Was your other relationship (the guy who died) an alcoholic or drug addict? If so, before you get seriously involved with anybody, it would be a good idea if you understood why you attract, and are attracted to these sorts of individuals.

Yes, he was and this is why I've taken so many years to figure out why.

I went out with the nicest guys, right up until my father died (I was 21)
When he died, I was devistated and I completely lost myself.
My father was also an alcoholic who was sober for several years before he died, so maybe there's a pattern there.
Anyway, I took over his construction business and started going out with one of my employees (father of my son) only a month after my fathers death.
He was wonderful for the first 6 months, but after I got pregnant, his true colors started to show.
He started drinking heavily, became abusive and it certainly wasn't the man he played himself out to be for those first 6 months.
I was vulnerable and he was a good con, but I still stayed with him for 6 years, because I didn't want my son to grow up without his father (stupid, I know).
After him, I waited 2 years before I got involved with Bruce and again, I was conned.
I was alone with a child and I guess I was simply longing for love, so I jumped right into these relationships without taking the time I needed to see who these men really were.

It's been 8 years since bruce and now I'm finally interested in someone responsible and mature.
This man is opposite from what my last 2 ex's were and this time around, I plan on taking my sweet time to make absolutely sure before I dive back into another relationship.

No more cons, no more alcoholics, and no more abuse!

No way, no how! ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 01:01 am
Ragman_orig wrote:
Montana wrote:
Ragman

But...I HAD broken the ties. Just before we broke up, things were so bad (we had been in couple's therapy) as she wouldn't respond to suggestions, pleading to reform her ways, that I moved out and left her while she was at work that day. Like I said, things were so bad (controlling and incapable of compromise). This wasn't to be dramatic or ruin her life. I just had to take back my life. I learned what were my limitations to help someone else or to help fix a relationship that was failing

After 3 or 4 years after the break up, and not hearing from her, I had blocked her email address due to previous attempts of hers. She was an abusive woman, not an acloholic. Oddly, however, she had been married to abusive alcoholic man ten year prior.

Boy, sounds like my last two! I'm glad you set yourself free from that one.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 04:04 am
time heals
Montana,

Thanks for your reply. I'm so glad for you that you've found someone nice. You're wise to take your time. I'm sure when the time is right, you'll make the right move.

My family was quite happy when I split up with that ex-g/f, too. My next relationship (5 years) was far healthier and my self-esteem was never higher. Perhaps, in time, I'll find someone with whom I'll spend the rest of my life, but there's no hurry.
0 Replies