News article on Arrest
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,216 • Replies: 70
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:11 pm
Yeah, was just coming here to figure out where to put that.

Will be interested in getting further details.

Really hope that it's the right guy, and that they have a DNA match or something that makes it a slam-dunk.

Amazing that, if he is the right guy, they were able to finally get him this far along in the investigation -- though it sounds like he's been a subject for a really long time.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:17 pm
At least Patsy has been informed of Karr as the killer of JonBenet
before she died.

Figures that yet another pedophile is hiding out in Thailand Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:20 pm
Thailand is a Mecca for pedophiles, I'm not surprised they found him there.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:21 pm
We were in chorus CJ.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:23 pm
Yes, Green Witch, I am so distraught over the nonchalance of the
Thai government towards pedophiles.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:25 pm
Did the pedophiles have their own diaspora and now, finally, they are returning to their holy land, which is Thailand?

Does anyone have any information on my theory?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:29 pm
No! Their diaspora should be jail.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:31 pm
No one loves a pedophile.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:48 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
No one loves a pedophile.

Are you thinking of starting a charity?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:53 pm
He better doesn't, otherwise I'll come down there and show him
where the swamp hits the deepest spot.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 11:41 pm
I certainly hope they arrested the murderer. Justice is long overdue for this victim and her family.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 12:29 am
Well well well. What about all this "evidence" the cops gave us which said that the killer would have had to break in hours before the crime, wait downstairs for 12 hours for the Ramseys to leave momentarily, then commit the crime? That pretty well through suspicion on the family, as it is hard to imagine a criminal doing that.

What about the note left by the killer, which so-called handwriting experts said was written by Patsy Ramsey herself?

I usually try to be fair in these things, but the ways the cops gave us the evidence it looked for sure that the Ramseys did the crime. These poor people went through hell twice-once for the murder, once for being tried and convicted in the court of public opinion.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 01:16 am
News Conference Live on CNN International: Thai and U.S. law enforcement officers arrested Karr. He was told he was being arrested for 1st degree murder of JonBenet Ramsey. He replied (paraphrasing), "No--it's second degree murder--it was an accident." Karr stated he was "in love" with 6-year-old JonBenet.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 01:29 am
Finally! We all waited a very long time for this and I never thought they would solve this case.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 02:45 am
Cops: JonBenet Suspect Has Confessed
American Teacher Arrested In Bangkok Says Death Was An Accident

Quote:
CBS/AP) A man suspected in the 1996 slaying of 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey was arrested Wednesday in Bangkok - a breakthrough in a case some feared would never be solved.

JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in the basement of the family's home in Boulder, Colo., on Dec. 26, 1996. Patsy Ramsey reported finding a ransom note demanding $118,000 for her daughter.

At a Thursday morning news conference, a top Thai police official said John Mark Karr - a 41-year-old American teacher - has confessed to the Ramsey killing.

Lt. Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul, who heads Thailand's immigration police, says Karr insists that his crime was not first-degree murder. "He said it was second-degree murder. He said it was unintentional. He said he was in love with the child. She was a pageant queen."

The Thai officer quoted the suspect as saying he tried to kidnap JonBenet for ransom but his plan went awry and he killed her instead.

Karr himself spoke to reporters after the news conference, saying he was with the little girl when she died - but didn't mean to kill her....

Link to entire article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/16/national/main1901342.shtml
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 05:03 am
There are still questions about the killer's relationship with the parents. Why didn't the parents cooperate more with the police? The ransom note had details only someone close to the family would know.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 05:35 am
One article mentioned that the reason that the person finally 'fessed up to killing JonBenet, was because he was being held for some sex crime in Thailand. Apparently, he thought that he would be better off serving time in the US, than in Thailand.

Also, I have sen where this guy was one of the people who was considered as a suspect right from the beginning of the case.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 05:51 am
wandeljw wrote:
There are still questions about the killer's relationship with the parents. Why didn't the parents cooperate more with the police? The ransom note had details only someone close to the family would know.

This is all just guessing on my part, but I was thinking about this too...

My thinking is, that like in every case, more things are known to the police, family etc than is released to the public

Perhaps the police family knew all this, but also knew if they sprang the trap at the time, Hart may have wiggled out of it. Who knows what new information discovered very recently clinched the deal.

One thing I will have to do here, is apologize to John Ramsey and his family. I'll admit they were the ones in my mind, and I'm sorry to have been even a small part of their pain.

If my some long chance Mr. Ramsey is reading this, I apologize to you and Mrs. Ramsey, may she rest in peace now.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:28 am
I'm a skeptic.
0 Replies