Why have immigration laws?

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 03:15 pm
These laws about immigration are never followed to the letter or else we would not even be discussing the subject in this context. You have to be human about it for Christ's sake, and that is why the law is not more closely followed. That is the way it has always been and I suspect that so it will remain.
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 03:15 pm
Steissd:

I've got the same answer for you as I did for Roger the Dodger!!

We reward Bush for illegal behavior, you don't seem to have a problem with that!

Anon
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 03:35 pm
Rewarding illegal behavior encourages illegal behavior. I see nothing more to be said on the topic - which is the topic, by the way.

President Bush's behavior is not the topic, and I don't recall having passed any judgement on the subject since jeffharrison ran an thread on another site regarding steel tariffs, which I disappoved of, so no reply to anon is required.

The name is roger, by the way - not Roger the Dodger.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 04:48 pm
For God's sake, folks, the only answer to the question is that the winds of change are a'blowing. We cannot turn away children who are already here, in bad health and hungry. And, I don't like living in a state that "deports" people who manage to get here from subhuman means.

I am not "liberal" and not "conservative." Somebody really should get rid of these silly words. Certain things happen because, simply, the time for them has come.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:38 pm
I'm with Tex-Star. Are we automatons or people?
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 07:02 pm
Tex and Edgar:

Roger, Steiss, and Au1929 don't seem to have any problem with it!! Just stuff the kids down the toilet ... it's the American Way!!

Well, it's the Compassionate Conservative Way ... Rolling Eyes

I've brought up the actions about Bush and the Compassionate Conservative Administration giving away $345 Billion to the Mexicans, but that hasn't got much response except for AU1929 calling me a Bush Basher!! I thought I was bashing the whole administration, but ... whatever!!

Anon
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 07:11 pm
"Some people you can't reach" - Cool Hand Luke
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 08:45 am
Illegal Behavior? Come on!

People come here because they want a better life for themselves and their families. Americans support them with jobs and other forms of support because immigrants benefit business and enrich our lives.

If either of these things were not true, immigration wouldn't happen.

Many of us Americans are happy to help "illegal" families get a good education and better their lives. To me, it is part of being an American and a human being. I consider it my right as an American to hire, help or befriend any person regardless of their status.

As far as "illegal", don't tell me that you would not, or have not broken laws when they were silly, or when they get in the way of a better life for your family. I am not talking about robbing banks here. The vast majority of undocumented immigrants work very hard, pay taxes and contribute to their communities.

Keeping "illegal" immigrants from education is just stupid. Not only are you denying a fellow human being the ability to better themselves, you are also hurting society.

If these people are going to keep living here (and they will) don't you think we should *insist* they be given an education. People who have been well educated in America will best be able to contribute to the society in which they are living.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 09:36 am
Brown
That being the case why not abolish all immigration laws and open our gates to all who want to come. Laws I guess are meant to be broken anyway. Or possibly only the ones we don't like. I don't care to pay tax can I ignore that law?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 10:15 am
Au, The immigration laws are flawed. The immigrants can not break them without the help of many Americans who gladly give them jobs, support etc.

Incidently I have been known to break the speed limit, drive with an expired registration and have sex before I was married (which is illegal in many states including mine).

I am willing to confess to these illegal acts because I don't expect that you will deny me education or break up my family because of them.

How many laws have you broken au?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 10:37 am
Think,

For the record president Bush seems to be on our side on the immigration issue. He has consistently supported the Guest Worker program, and more importantly the 245(i) extension.

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/articles/05-20-02/dagostino.htm

I think his immigration stance is because it is pro-business, but it is nice to have this one thing that I agree with Bush about.
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 10:38 am
ebrown:

You're so cool!!! Nice post!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 10:41 am
Roger:

Let me commend you for your choice of a rat as an avatar.

Anon
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 11:01 am
Brown
This is one of the many issues on which Bush and I do not agree.
Anon
Is anyone in disagreement with you automatically labeled a conservative.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 02:43 pm
Think! wrote:
Roger:

Let me commend you for your choice of a rat as an avatar.

Anon

Ok Anon, can't help it here but your avatar and your insults to your political opponents should be related. :-)

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/gallery/Misc/av_sign2.gif
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 08:33 pm
Craven:

He doesn't have a rat as an avatar ?? I'm sorry, what is that then ??

Anon
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 08:38 pm
AU1929:

You're not a conservative ??

Anon
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 09:32 pm
anon - Don't think that ducks are what quacks do you?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2003 06:45 am
Anon
My political bias is dependent upon the issue. Only a lemming continues on a straight {party line] course.
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2003 08:09 am
AU1929:

You're hedging old friend! You know for sure that if a line were drawn stright down the middle, you would be on the conservative side of the line. Your stance on this issue is indicative of your beliefs.

Anon
0 Replies