neologist

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 08:29 am
Arella Mae wrote:
neologist wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
EpiNirvana wrote:
If he was incapable of sin then why would satan tempt him?

Because Satan refuses to believe He has the power, authority, etc. that he has. Satan already knows he's lost the game but it doesn't stop him from trying, does it?

Neo,

Jesus was not capable of sin. He was perfect. He was the Son of God.
Adam was also perfect

Nope. Adam was not perfect. Adam sinned. That makes him not perfect, unless, of course you are thinking he was perfect until he sinned?
Of course. He chose to sin.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 09:31 am
Yes he did and that started the downfall of mankind.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 10:09 am
Made a perfect mess of things; he did.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 08:53 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Uh, you left out the fact that Thomas actually did touch Jesus after he was resurrected. So, you can't use that argument for the women and not Thomas. It can't be both ways. And how does this disprove my he preached in hell theory?

You consider being raised from the dead after three days pretty unincredible? Hmmm, how many times have you seen it done?

If Jesus had only a physical death he wouldnt be in hell, that is a spiritual death. So he died spiritually to preach in "hell".
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 07:51 am
Quote:
If Jesus had only a physical death he wouldnt be in hell, that is a spiritual death. So he died spiritually to preach in "hell".

Christ didn't have to die spiritually to go to hell to preach to those in chains.........there are no verses showing a spiritual death...and please do not use the verse where Christ died and it said he "gave up the ghost" in greek that simply means to stop breathing and die.....it doesnt mean the Holy Ghost.....
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 08:21 am
Right kate. Also he didnt journey to hell he journeyed to sheol. The land of the dead, the bible never once says there is a hell.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 08:24 am
we had a long discusion i think youll find helpful here:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79185&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 08:52 am
OK ty Epi Very Happy
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 02:56 pm
EpiNirvana wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
Uh, you left out the fact that Thomas actually did touch Jesus after he was resurrected. So, you can't use that argument for the women and not Thomas. It can't be both ways. And how does this disprove my he preached in hell theory?

You consider being raised from the dead after three days pretty unincredible? Hmmm, how many times have you seen it done?

It is obvious you understand neither death nor hell.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 05:28 pm
then explain it to me neologist
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 09:06 am
Adam and Eve were told the consequence of their disobedience would be death. Roasting, toasting, baking and broiling were not mentioned. If something worse than death were in store for them, certainly it would have been mentioned early on, don't you think?

As for the condition of those who have died, the bible describes them as unconscious. Here are a couple of my recent posts on the subject:

http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2125107&highlight=ecclesiastes#2125107

http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2109182#2109182

BTW, it was Satan who claimed that Adam and Eve would not die.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 10:16 am
neologist wrote:
Adam and Eve were told the consequence of their disobedience would be death. Roasting, toasting, baking and broiling were not mentioned. If something worse than death were in store for them, certainly it would have been mentioned early on, don't you think?

As for the condition of those who have died, the bible describes them as unconscious. Here are a couple of my recent posts on the subject:

http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2125107&highlight=ecclesiastes#2125107

So then GOD lied.
God said they would die in that day that they eat thereof.
Either they died that day, or they did not and GOD lied.
If they did die that day then you must give it up that the spirit and soul and body are seperate.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 10:19 am
God is not the God of the dead but the God of the Living!

Mar 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 12:19 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
neologist wrote:

So then GOD lied.
If they did die that day then you must give it up that the spirit and soul and body are seperate. (sic)
A few things you left out, Scott:
1] Adam and Eve are dead.
2] To God, a thousand years is as a day (2Peter 3:8)
3] Does the expression 'dead man walking' mean anything to you?

In what sense do you think Abraham is alive or considered to be among the living?

Hint: Adam does not fall into this category.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 01:00 am
neologist wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
neologist wrote:

So then GOD lied.
If they did die that day then you must give it up that the spirit and soul and body are seperate. (sic)
A few things you left out, Scott:
1] Adam and Eve are dead.
2] To God, a thousand years is as a day (2Peter 3:8)
3] Does the expression 'dead man walking' mean anything to you?

In what sense do you think Abraham is alive or considered to be among the living?

Hint: Adam does not fall into this category.

Mar 12:26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I [am] the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?
Mar 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

You must either BELIEVE what Jesus said here or deny it and HIM.
Either Abraham Isaac and Jacob are all alive when he said this or they are all dead.
JW doctrine they are dead but REMEMBERED by god. BUT Jesus said they are alive.
So what will it be NEO alive or remembered?
God is the God of the living according to the bible.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 09:38 am
I could be wrong on this Scott. But any response I give would have to be in harmony with these two verses. (And a few more I'm sure I could find)

Job 14:12-15:
"So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.
[13] O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!
[14] If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
[15] Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands."

Ecclesiastes 9:10:
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest."

Daniel 12:2
"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt." (See John 5:28)

Oh, that was 3. Did I say 2?
See. I was wrong.
Well you know us Witnesses, Scott.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 10:32 am
Perhaps you are both right, and the problem is that your bobble is completely internally incongruent?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 10:55 am
One cannot be both dead and alive at the same time, except in a figurative sense. If the bible explains how that could be, then I am satisfied in that respect.

One issue at a time and then by preponderance of (admittedly circumstantial) evidence.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 10:56 am
Main Entry: 1bob·ble

Pronunciation: 'bä-b&l

Function: verb

Inflected Form(s): bob·bled; bob·bling /-b(&-)li[ng]/
Etymology: frequentative of 1bob

1 : 1BOB
2 : FUMBLE

Main Entry: bi·ble
Pronunciation: 'bI-b&l

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, from Medieval Latin biblia, from Greek, plural of biblion book, diminutive of byblos papyrus, book, from Byblos, ancient Phoenician city from which papyrus was exported

1 capitalized a : the sacred scriptures of Christians comprising the Old Testament and the New Testament b : the sacred scriptures of some other religion (as Judaism)

Do you suppose you just might find it somewhere in your heart to at least use the right word? Or was that meant as some kind of slam, Dok? I'd sure hate to assume that it was.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 11:00 am
Quote:

Do you suppose you just might find it somewhere in your heart to at least use the right word? Or was that meant as some kind of slam, Dok? I'd sure hate to assume that it was.

I think you should have read enough of my posts to know I do not honor anyones sacred cows.
Smile
0 Replies