kate4christ03

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 09:48 pm
yes he did claim to be God. I gave you the verses. He called himself the IAM before abraham. Plus there are many verses throughout the bible that say he is God also. and he let thomas call him God
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 09:49 pm
yes he did claim to be God. I gave you the verses. He called himself the IAM before abraham. Plus there are many verses throughout the bible that say he is God also. and he let thomas call him God.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 10:45 pm
EpiNirvana wrote:
kate4christ03 wrote:
ALso as i was saying earlier if Jesus wasn't God but said he was and allowed men to worship him and call him God, how could he be a good ethics teacher?

Do you just cover you ears and sing? He never claimed to be god, also he was human so of course he loved a little praise.

He very pointedly told His disciples that He is God.

Quote:
John 14:4And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 11:05 pm
Ive explained this verse 100 times....If you really want to stump me use the verse of Jesus' Temptation....thats the only one i cant explain.

EpiNirvana wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:

Luk 4:12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.[/i][/u]

So the question is here who was Satan tempting here?

Jesus.

And Jesus said what?

Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

This is one of the greatest out right ddeclarationsthat Jesus was claiming to be God. But not just God, but Satan's God.

Hmm......This is fasinating. But my question is if Jesus was alone...how did the disciples know to write this down? If Jesus said it that doesnt make any sense, b/c he usally is so fague and crafty with words....If satan told them that would be a complete differnt side all together.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 11:09 pm
Epinirvana,

If you believed the Bible to be God-breathed and God-inspired, you'd know very well where it came from. Laughing
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 11:14 pm
Smilies are driving me CRAZY!

Back to the subject at hand. But you cant just believe blindly, you have to think for yourself. And what do you mean by god breathed, it just came to them using gods voice in ther heads? Does that mean Jesus told them face to face? Is it haluenations? Is it through fasting? The native indians also did this with shrooms, no sleep, not eating....How do we know its not the samething they did....The only thing i can possible believe is actual evidence.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 11:23 pm
EpiNirvana wrote:

Sorry, But I am addicted to them!

Back to the subject at hand. But you cant just believe blindly, you have to think for yourself. And what do you mean by god breathed, it just came to them using gods voice in ther heads? Does that mean Jesus told them face to face? Is it haluenations? Is it through fasting? The native indians also did this with shrooms, no sleep, not eating....How do we know its not the samething they did....The only thing i can possible believe is actual evidence.

What do you mean I can't just believe blindly? Who are you to tell me or anyone else how or why I should believe or not believe? What makes you think I haven't thought for myself? Just because you don't think or believe this way doesn't mean that anyone else is wrong for their thinking or believing that way.

God-breathed, God-inspired = coming from God. What difference does it make how God did it? Will it change anything? If you knew how He did it, would you then believe? Faith is not about evidence. If you have to have evidence of God then you don't have the correct concept of God in my opinion. He is God. He doesn't have to prove a single thing to you, me, or anyone else.
[/color]
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 11:38 pm
EpiNirvana wrote:

Exactly what type of evidence are you referring to?

Is it possible to have 'natural' evidence of the 'supernatural'?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 11:58 pm
EpiNirvana wrote:
Ive explained this verse 100 times....If you really want to stump me use the verse of Jesus' Temptation....thats the only one i cant explain.

EpiNirvana wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:

Luk 4:12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.[/i][/u]

So the question is here who was Satan tempting here?

Jesus.

And Jesus said what?

Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

This is one of the greatest out right ddeclarationsthat Jesus was claiming to be God. But not just God, but Satan's God.

Hmm......This is fasinating. But my question is if Jesus was alone...how did the disciples know to write this down? If Jesus said it that doesnt make any sense, b/c he usally is so fague and crafty with words....If satan told them that would be a complete differnt side all together.

You may have 'explained' it, but apparently you don't understand it.

Quote:
Rev 22:6And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done..........16 I, Jesus, have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Quote:
John 14:16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;.................26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Quote:
John 15:26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:......................16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Quote:
John 10:28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30I and my Father are one.

31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 04:55 am
kate4christ03 wrote:
Sorry about the caps. First off, its not logical to quote bits and pieces of the bible, believing them, but then denying the parts you don't want to believe.

Indeed, but it's not logical to believe in any of the Bible until you've proved certain parts of it to be true. Now I know from my own resesarch that Christ did exist and was crucified, by checking secular sources. However, I cannot state for sure whether Paul really did see Christ on the road to Damascus (his story sounds suspiciously like a hallucination and nothing divine).

Quote:
That is why i said you have to believe it all or nothing. You can't quote Christ's words from the book of john, then deny other books john wrote.

You have a twisted point there.

If you trust the Book of John, you may be able to trust the other books John wrote. But you certainly can't trust the books he didn't write.

Quote:
That makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense because John didn't write all the other books of the Bible.

Let's do a thought experiment.

Let's say you can trust everything I wrote and my books are published in an anthology filled with other writings from other people, of whom at least one is completely untrustworthy. Does that mean you can trust the entire book? No. Does that mean you can't trust the entire book? No.

Quote:
Thirdly, the topic had nothing to do with the gnostic texts or other supposed books of the bible. The topic was scriptural proof that Christ was God.

The topic has everything to do with the Gnostic Texts, because if the Nicean Council had not decided to go with the Trinitarian Doctrine, those Gospels would be in the Bible.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 09:12 am
kate4christ03 wrote:
It's not garbage. How can a man be a "good ethics teacher" etc if half of what he says is blasphemous lies? lol that makes no sense. And that is besides the point. You wanted verses showing a Trinity and then verses where Jesus stated that he was God....That is what i gave. Very Happy
To whom did Jesus pray?
Whom did he obey?"
Who resurrected Jesus? If he resurrected himself, then how could he have died? If you say only his body died, then you don't understand death.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 03:55 pm
i say we should study the Gnostic text, if you believ them or not should have nothing to do with what we could learn from there prespective.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 05:26 pm
Neo,

Surely you aren't saying that Chrit's spirit also died?
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 06:28 pm
Hmm...What is the spirit any way, the word is thrown aropund so much i believ it has lost meaning.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 09:02 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Neo,

Surely you aren't saying that Chrit's spirit also died?
EpiNirvana wrote:
Hmm...What is the spirit any way, the word is thrown aropund so much i believ it has lost meaning.
I would be interested in Arella Mae's input here.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 11:27 pm
neologist wrote:
kate4christ03 wrote:
It's not garbage. How can a man be a "good ethics teacher" etc if half of what he says is blasphemous lies? lol that makes no sense. And that is besides the point. You wanted verses showing a Trinity and then verses where Jesus stated that he was God....That is what i gave. Very Happy
To whom did Jesus pray?
Whom did he obey?"
Who resurrected Jesus? If he resurrected himself, then how could he have died? If you say only his body died, then you don't understand death.

Jesus states in several instances that He will raise Himself up:

Quote:
John 2:18Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?

19Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21But he spake of the temple of his body.

22When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Quote:
John 10:14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

17Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Now if your objection to this is 'that doesn't make sense' or 'I don't understand how that can be', let me ask you:

----- is God limited to doing only what we understand?

It would seem that our understanding is a major stumblingblock to our belief. If we can't grasp it, then it must not be so.

How did we come to believe that finite could grasp Infinite?

-------------------------

And to Momma Angel's point, the Bible teaches that His body and blood were the sacrifice for us. It doesn't ever indicate that His 'spirit died'.

I think the Author of the Bible understands death well enough to make whatever statement about it He considers accurate.

Scripture speaks of Jesus 'being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit' 1 Pet 3:18
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 01:55 am
neologist wrote:
kate4christ03 wrote:
To whom did Jesus pray?
Whom did he obey?"

Neither do you Neo you so called bible believer, who denies the very essence of what it is all about.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 09:03 am
Scott777ab wrote:
Neither do you Neo you so called bible believer, who denies the very essence of what it is all about.

Which would be...?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 09:26 am
real life wrote:
. . . Jesus states in several instances that He will raise Himself up:
. . . Now if your objection to this is 'that doesn't make sense' or 'I don't understand how that can be', let me ask you:

----- is God limited to doing only what we understand? . . .
"We worship what we know." (John 8:22) John 10:18 clearly indicates where the power came from. I will concede, however, that you have a point worthy of further research.
real life wrote:
And to Momma Angel's point, the Bible teaches that His body and blood were the sacrifice for us. It doesn't ever indicate that His 'spirit died'. . . Scripture speaks of Jesus 'being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit' 1 Pet 3:18
The Hebrew word ruach and the Greek word pneuma, often translated 'spirit' have a number of meanings. None are interchangeable with the word 'soul'. If the soul is ones personality, his memory, his traits, then the spirit must refer to something else, wouldn't you think?
Scott777ab wrote:
. . . Neither do you Neo you so called bible believer, who denies the very essence of what it is all about.
You don't believe the Bible, but claim to understand it. In that respect you are very much like Frank. Enjoy your confusion.
0 Replies

KnowJah

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 03:05 pm
Re: TRINITY
kate4christ03 wrote:
THE WORD TRINITY IS NEVER WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE, BUT FOR THAT MATTER NEITHER IS THE WORD BIBLE IN THE BIBLE.

Except 'Scriptures' and 'Word of God' is just another word for bible/ The reasons we call it "bible" is because that is the name of ALL the books as a whole. However there isnt another word for trinity in the bible.
Synynoms: leash, ternion, threesome, trey, triad, triangle, trilogy, trine, trinity, triple, triplet, triplicate, triptych, triumvirate, triune, troika

None of those are in the bible.
0 Replies