Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 01:16 pm
We have all heard of the Holy Trinity and most churches believe it to be true....but how did this come along, and why?

Genisis 1:26, Gen. 3:22, Isaiah 6: 8.

Is that all the evidence? A few verses with the word us? Couldnt this just as easily mean there was more than one god? Couldnt this mean he was talking to the angels? Couldnt this mean another bad translation?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,960 • Replies: 212
No top replies

kate4christ03

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 01:58 pm
TRINITY
THE WORD TRINITY IS NEVER WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE, BUT FOR THAT MATTER NEITHER IS THE WORD BIBLE IN THE BIBLE. THE CONCEPT OF THE TRINITY WHICH IS GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT....3 IN 1...IS ALL THROUGHOUT THE BIBLE....GENESIS 1 SHOWS US A TRIUNE GOD. WE KNOW ITS NOT ANGELS THAT CREATED MAN ALONG SIDE GOD BC THERE NEVER A REFERENCE TO MAN BEING IN THE IMAGE OF ANGELS. ONLY MAN BEING IN THE IMAGE OF GOD.
Quote:
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. GEN 1:27

ALSO WE SEE THROUGHOUT THE BIBLE THAT JESUS IS CALLED GOD, AS IS THE HOLY SPIRIT. WE KNOW THERE ARENT THREE GODS BUT THESE THREE ARE ONE...
Quote:
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 1JOHN 5:7

.....THERE ARE MANY MORE VERSES I CAN OFFER UP IF NEEDED
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 02:03 pm
yes i know Christianity very well. Also where is Jesus called god, by Paul. Jesus never claimed to be god. And how do we know ther is only one god?

John 1:1 John 1:14, Luke 10:22. None of these are God or jesus saying there is a trinity, only ppl alluding to it. As important and amazing as a three in one god, there is very little to support it. You think something that incredible would be said right out loud and clear...but no.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 02:19 pm
OK NOW THAT IS A DIFFERENT SUBJECT. YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE TO EITHER BELIEVE ALL THE BIBLE AS GOD'S INNERANT INFALLIBLE WORD OR YOU CANT EVEN TAKE WHAT IS SAID TO BE JESUS' WORDS AS TRUE SINCE MAN WROTE IT. FOR MYSELF, I BELIEVE ALL THE BIBLE IS GODS WORD. REMEMBER JOHN THE APOSTLE WHO WROTE THE WORDS OF CHRIST ALSO WROTE JESUS WAS GOD. SO IF YOU DISCOUNT HIS WRITINGS ON JESUS BEING GOD, YOU HAVE TO DISCOUNT ALL THAT JESUS SAID ALSO. JESUS HIMSELF IS QUOTED FOR CALLING HIMSELF THE IAM BEFORE ABRAHAM.

Quote:
Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." JOHN 8:58
ALSO CHRIST TOLD HIS APOSTLES IF YOU HAVE SEEN ME YOU HAVE SEEN GOD...

Quote:
Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? JOHN 14:9

AND CHRIST PRAISED THOMAS FOR SEEING THAT HE (CHRIST) WAS GOD..
Quote:
And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." JOHN 20:28-29
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 02:24 pm
Hi Kate!

If you put [/quote] at the end of your quotes, it will put them in a box such as this:

[quote]Have a nice day everyone![/quote]
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 02:35 pm
THANKS ARELLA LOL I WAS TRYING TO FIGURE THAT OUT
Very Happy
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 02:37 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
OK NOW THAT IS A DIFFERENT SUBJECT. YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE TO EITHER BELIEVE ALL THE BIBLE AS GOD'S INNERANT INFALLIBLE WORD OR YOU CANT EVEN TAKE WHAT IS SAID TO BE JESUS' WORDS AS TRUE SINCE MAN WROTE IT. FOR MYSELF, I BELIEVE ALL THE BIBLE IS GODS WORD. REMEMBER JOHN THE APOSTLE WHO WROTE THE WORDS OF CHRIST ALSO WROTE JESUS WAS GOD. SO IF YOU DISCOUNT HIS WRITINGS ON JESUS BEING GOD, YOU HAVE TO DISCOUNT ALL THAT JESUS SAID ALSO. JESUS HIMSELF IS QUOTED FOR CALLING HIMSELF THE IAM BEFORE ABRAHAM.

Quote:
Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." JOHN 8:58
ALSO CHRIST TOLD HIS APOSTLES IF YOU HAVE SEEN ME YOU HAVE SEEN GOD...

Quote:
Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? JOHN 14:9

AND CHRIST PRAISED THOMAS FOR SEEING THAT HE (CHRIST) WAS GOD..
Quote:
And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." JOHN 20:28-29

you dont have to discredit everything just b/c man wrote it, you just have take in acount that things can be taken wrong....it is never smart to take everything in absolutes.

To John 8:58 Jesus was stating that God was "I am" and that he was around forever, basic jewish faith. John 14:9 is Jesus saying that god is shown through him, much like christians try to show christ through there actions. John 20:28-29 can also be taken the same way, God was speaking though and showing himslef through jesus.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 02:51 pm
OK ITS LIKE THIS...I THINK YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT AS EITHER ALL RIGHT OR ALL WRONG. TO ME THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN. ALSO IF CHRIST WASNT GOD THEN HE WAS EITHER A LIAR OR A LUNATIC. THE OLD TEST SAYS THAT ONLY GOD IS OUR SAVIOR, OUR ROCK, OUR SALVATION. CHRIST CLAIMED TO BE ALL THREE OF THESE THINGS. THE OT STATES ONLY GOD CAN KNOW THE HEARTS OF MEN AND ONLY HE CAN FORGIVE SINS. CHRIST ALSO CLAIMED TO DO BOTH OF THESE. THE OT ALSO STATES THAT WE CAN ONLY WORSHIP GOD. CHRIST ALLOWED MEN TO WORSHIP HIM. ALSO YOU CANT GET AROUND THE VERSE WHERE HE CALLED HIMSELF THE IAM BEFORE ABRAHAM. HE WAS CLAIMING GODSHIP. EVEN THE PHARISEES KNEW THAT BC THEY WANTED TO STONE HIM FOR IT. AND YOU CANT GET AROUND THE VERSES WHERE THOMAS CALLED JESUS "MY GOD" AND JESUS ALLOWED IT.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 04:14 pm
Oh Kate, I wish youw wouldn't write all in caps locks. It's not polite, not to mention its an eyesore and people generally take everything in caps locks to mean that YOU'RE SHOUTING!!! Don't know why, but people do.

kate4christ03 wrote:
OK ITS LIKE THIS...I THINK YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT AS EITHER ALL RIGHT OR ALL WRONG.

No, we don't have to. Just because you do, doesn't mean we have to.

Quote:
TO ME THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN.

There are always in-betweens and varying degrees of something. The Bible wasn't written all at once, you know, and not by the same author. It's very possible that some books are right, some aren't.

That's the point of Biblical History and archaeology, to provide us with some evidence to show us which is which.

Quote:
ALSO IF CHRIST WASNT GOD THEN HE WAS EITHER A LIAR OR A LUNATIC.

Or you know, neither, because he never said he was God, did he? He never really outright said he was the Messiah, if I remember things correctly. He merely asked Peter, who do you think I am? Peter replied, the Messiah and Jesus just nodded in agreement and said no more.

Quote:
THE OLD TEST SAYS THAT ONLY GOD IS OUR SAVIOR, OUR ROCK, OUR SALVATION. CHRIST CLAIMED TO BE ALL THREE OF THESE THINGS.

That doesn't mean he stated he was God. By the way, I think I'll need some proof as to where the Old Testament says that only God can be our saviour, rock and salvation. I'm sure something similar to it must be somewhere in there, but I just need proof, that's all.

Quote:
CHRIST ALLOWED MEN TO WORSHIP HIM.

No, he didn't. He allowed men to follow him, but not worship him.

Quote:
ALSO YOU CANT GET AROUND THE VERSE WHERE HE CALLED HIMSELF THE I AM BEFORE ABRAHAM. HE WAS CLAIMING GODSHIP. EVEN THE PHARISEES KNEW THAT BC THEY WANTED TO STONE HIM FOR IT. AND YOU CANT GET AROUND THE VERSES WHERE THOMAS CALLED JESUS "MY GOD" AND JESUS ALLOWED IT.

There are other Gospels out there that don't have these verses, yet they were not allowed into the Bible because they contradicted the Trinitarian Doctrine.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 05:15 pm
Sorry about the caps. First off, its not logical to quote bits and pieces of the bible, believing them, but then denying the parts you don't want to believe. That is why i said you have to believe it all or nothing. You can't quote Christ's words from the book of john, then deny other books john wrote. That makes no sense. Secondly, those verses i gave show that Christ believed he was God. If not, why even nod in agreement to Peter or THomas. Thirdly, the topic had nothing to do with the gnostic texts or other supposed books of the bible. The topic was scriptural proof that Christ was God.

look up these verses to name a few....2Samuel 22:3, Ps. 106:21, ho. 13:4 (They talk of GOd being the only Savior)

Also it seems you overlooked the verses that I gave where Christ called himself the IAM before abraham. And CHrist did allow men to worship him check out these verses......Mt 2:2, Mt 8:2,Mt 14:33, I have more if you need them
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 05:17 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Hi Kate!

If you put [ /quote] at the end of your quotes, it will put them in a box such as this:

Quote:
Have a nice day everyone!
Looks like Epi wasn't watching. Laughing
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 05:22 pm
what?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 05:24 pm
There is an excellent discussion on the trinity here:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1323028#1323028
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 05:57 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
what?

Epinirvana seems to be having a bit of a problem with the quote function also Kate. Laughing
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 06:00 pm
i still am having probs with that durn quote button so y'all just be patient with me Laughing
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 06:06 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
TO ME THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN. ALSO IF CHRIST WASNT GOD THEN HE WAS EITHER A LIAR OR A LUNATIC.

I love this arguement, b/c it is so easily garbage, thanks you just made my day Smile . Lets see, Liar, the arguemtn that christians say for that is that how can he be a good person if they say he wasnt god, making him a liar....Simple, we dont believ he calimed to be god but i still believe he was a great ethecs teacher...And the other argument is why would a lier die for what he said? There are tons of murders who died while still dening they killed some1, Cult leaders, what have you. Lunitic....the argument for this is he was well educated....i personaly know well educated intellegent ppl, who are in therapy for, being well, insane. But they are still great samrter than me nice ppl.

I say christians have to think outside of there indoctriated box a little.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 06:14 pm
It's not garbage. How can a man be a "good ethics teacher" etc if half of what he says is blasphemous lies? lol that makes no sense. And that is besides the point. You wanted verses showing a Trinity and then verses where Jesus stated that he was God....That is what i gave. Very Happy
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 06:52 pm
What blasmemous lies? He spoke of love one eanother and vengence is the lords and if you live by the sword you die by the sword.

I have no idea what 2Sam. 22:3 has to do with has to do with jesus being god, same With Psalm 106: 21, or Hosea 13:4. You may say there is one god but in the name Israel (thanks to megamanXplosion) Is-Ra-El, Isis (egyptian God), Ra (Sun God), El (Dark side of Sun). Heres some more wisdom:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79185&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100

In Matt. 2:2 All it implies is Jesus is king of the Jews...This never ever meant he was God incarnate. Matt 8:2 they just call him Lord, This is not a Title only for God but a title such as Kings Queens Lords.... If they really thaught him son of God why not say Prince? Also you may not have noticed but Jesus tells the man not to tell others of his miracle, why would GOD do that? In Matt. 14:33 they say son of god, not you are god. Also this could mean that he was a son of god as we all are. Brotheres and sisters under god.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 07:04 pm
those verses in the old test were in reference to wolf o donnell's question as to where it states God is our Savior etc..... And yes according to the bible it would be blasphemous to claim to be God and allow men to worship you if you aren't God. Also those verses in matthew are verses showing Christ being worshipped which you asked for. JEsus is called both God and son of God in the bible. WHy? because he is both. ALso as i was saying earlier if Jesus wasn't God but said he was and allowed men to worship him and call him God, how could he be a good ethics teacher?
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 07:53 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
ALso as i was saying earlier if Jesus wasn't God but said he was and allowed men to worship him and call him God, how could he be a good ethics teacher?

Do you just cover you ears and sing? He never claimed to be god, also he was human so of course he loved a little praise.
0 Replies