real life

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 03:21 pm
Re: TRINITY
KnowJah wrote:
kate4christ03 wrote:
THE WORD TRINITY IS NEVER WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE, BUT FOR THAT MATTER NEITHER IS THE WORD BIBLE IN THE BIBLE.

Except 'Scriptures' and 'Word of God' is just another word for bible/ The reasons we call it "bible" is because that is the name of ALL the books as a whole. However there isnt another word for trinity in the bible.
Synynoms: leash, ternion, threesome, trey, triad, triangle, trilogy, trine, trinity, triple, triplet, triplicate, triptych, triumvirate, triune, troika

None of those are in the bible.

The Bible teaches that the Father is God.
The Bible teaches that Jesus is God.
The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is God.
The Bible teaches that there is only One True God.

Why argue over the label instead of the substance?
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 03:28 pm
If there was a trinity why cant God just right and out say it, instead he adds little hints that can be taken either way....Why not make your word basic and simple.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 07:15 pm
wow a lot has been written since i've been gone. Very Happy I find it a needless endeavor to quote more scripture since myself and many others have posted so many verses showing a Triune God and that Jesus was God. There is no denying the scriptures that show these things. yes people can argue on the infallibility and innerancy of the bible but noone can argue that the scriptures do show God the father, God the son and God the Holy spirit. you either believe the scriptures or not. everyone has a choice. my choice is to believe. I know its a hard concept to believe that God can be three persons in one but can we creations truly understand all of the Creators ways? It's hard to understand how Jesus could be God and the son all in one, how he could pray and submit to God yet be God. One of my favorite verses that helps me to understand is phillipians 2:5-7 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. .......for me this sums it all up Very Happy
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 08:02 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
There is no denying the scriptures that show these things. yes people can argue on the infallibility and innerancy of the bible but noone can argue that the scriptures do show God the father, God the son and God the Holy spirit.

Yes they can...lol

Ive been thinking alot and how do we know god is perfect, acording to the new testament jesus is, i dont want 100 verses on that, but how do we know god is perfect?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 11:18 pm
EpiNirvana wrote:
If there was a trinity why cant God just right and out say it, instead he adds little hints that can be taken either way....Why not make your word basic and simple.

What difference the label? Or if there is a label at all?

If the Bible teaches that Christ is God, must that teaching have a label or it's no good?

The Bible teaches that Christ is God. Now if you can show that it doesn't, go for it.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 08:05 am
Ive been thinking alot and how do we know god is perfect, acording to the new testament jesus is, i dont want 100 verses on that, but how do we know god is perfect?
Quote:

well here are a few verses on God being perfect, holy...etc.......
De 32:4, 1Sam 2:2, 2Sam22:31,Ps 18:30, Ps 99:5,
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 08:21 am
The first one isnt a real verse. But i think 1Sam. 22:31, is your best bet.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 08:58 am
real life wrote:
. . .The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is God. . .
That's the first time I've seen you write this. I always thought you were a binitarian. Laughing
real life wrote:
BTW, I never said I was trinitarian. The trinity is one way of trying to understand the nature of God. It is a good, but not a perfect way. Even the famous trinitarian Billy Graham said as much. There is no exact way for man to understand the true and full nature of God.

Source.

Somehow, I always figured you realized the holy spirit is not a person.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 09:28 am
De 32:4 He is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He.

It's in my bible Very Happy
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 09:47 am
neologist wrote:
real life wrote:
. . .The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is God. . .
That's the first time I've seen you write this. I always thought you were a binitarian. Laughing
real life wrote:
BTW, I never said I was trinitarian. The trinity is one way of trying to understand the nature of God. It is a good, but not a perfect way. Even the famous trinitarian Billy Graham said as much. There is no exact way for man to understand the true and full nature of God.

Source.

Somehow, I always figured you realized the holy spirit is not a person.

Hi Neo,

Never heard of a binitarian. Laughing

The New Testament speaks of the Holy Spirit as a person and as God.
Quote:
Acts 5:3But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as a person who testifies.
Quote:
John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as a person who hears and who speaks.
Quote:
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Other examples from the New Testament could show that:
The Holy Spirits wills.
The Holy Spirit can be grieved
The Holy Spirit forbids
The Holy Spirit has a mind.
These and many others are all attributes of a person, not an impersonal force.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 10:00 am
I believe that the holy spirit is just a concept, more of us being filled with the "truth" of the bible to preach to the world. Kind of like god is with you always, but nothing to do with anything. The concept of a triune god adds nothing, IF jesus is god, and there is the father god, there are both one...b/c there are the same, same with the holy spirit, its just the same its not a notther thing....The only trinity thing that i find complete insane is the lutheran way the Jesus is god, the father is god, and the spirit is god, but the spirit is not jesus, and jesus is not the father....

Trinity is just a thought prosess of ppl, there is really sno substans nothing to grab. The bible simple states god in three ways and some how that is taken as a triune god.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 01:19 pm
christians take the scriptures to show a Triune God bc they do. The bible is clear that there is only one God yet God, Christ and the Holy Spirit are all called God. Also the bible says these three are One. That is a Triune God.
0 Replies

KnowJah

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 04:56 pm
real life wrote:
KnowJah wrote:
kate4christ03 wrote:
THE WORD TRINITY IS NEVER WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE, BUT FOR THAT MATTER NEITHER IS THE WORD BIBLE IN THE BIBLE.

Except 'Scriptures' and 'Word of God' is just another word for bible/ The reasons we call it "bible" is because that is the name of ALL the books as a whole. However there isnt another word for trinity in the bible.
Synynoms: leash, ternion, threesome, trey, triad, triangle, trilogy, trine, trinity, triple, triplet, triplicate, triptych, triumvirate, triune, troika

None of those are in the bible.

The Bible teaches that the Father is God.
The Bible teaches that Jesus is God.
The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is God.
The Bible teaches that there is only One True God.

Why argue over the label instead of the substance?

I'm merely stating that just because the bible doesnt have the word bible in it it doesnt mean the same for other words.

And just stating it over and over that the bible proves the trinity is no proof. Why dont you actualy use scriptures?
0 Replies

KnowJah

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 05:04 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
christians take the scriptures to show a Triune God bc they do. The bible is clear that there is only one God yet God, Christ and the Holy Spirit are all called God. Also the bible says these three are One. That is a Triune God.

The bible never states that Jesus is God or that the holy spirit is God.

Check out this false god which is triune.

http://www.atributetohinduism.com/images/trimurti_angkor.jpg

This is a hindu trinity.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 05:17 pm
knowjah why not read all the other comments. along with myself, others have also given many verses showing a triune God. also we have given verses calling Jesus God
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 05:26 pm
Good post, KJ.

Satan has been spending these past thousands of years trying to prove he could turn any and all of God's intelligent creatures against him. Certainly he would have wished an opportunity to turn whoever among God's creations was greatest. Yet the trinitarians claim God took up the challenge himself.

Does anyone seriously believe God could be tempted against himself? Had Jesus been, in fact, God, how do you think he might have answered Satan in the 4th chapter of Matthew?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 05:30 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
knowjah why not read all the other comments. along with myself, others have also given many verses showing a triune God. also we have given verses calling Jesus God
Neither KJ nor I are disputing Jesus' divine nature. Neither are we saying we would have any hope at all without him and the sacrifice he so willingly gave.

But he made that sacrifice not merely to free us from the sentence of death, but particularly to answer Satan's challenge that he could turn anyone, even Jehovah's firstborn son, against him.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 05:50 pm
Neo kj is disputing Jesus' divine nature when he states there are no scriptures that say Jesus is God. Im not trying to be rude but many verses have been posted showing that the bible is clear that Christ is God. How can those verses be denied...even if a person doesnt believe the whole bible is true...those verses are still there. And Jesus' death on the cross had nothing to do with satans challenge. Remember the bible says the lamb was slain bf the foundation of the earth. Christ knew he was going to die even bf the earth was created. Satan is just a fallen angel with no power against Christ.. Also if you guys want to get into a debate on the Temptation of Christ i suggest we study the greek used there. It sheds great light on the whole subject Very Happy
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 06:44 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
Christ knew he was going to die even bf the earth was created. Satan is just a fallen angel with no power against Christ../quote]

Firts off i would like to say neologst gave an intresting perpestive here. Next i will use kate's quote to show that she siad that "chirst" was created...intreting.

Also i do believe that The Temptation was a much later added story to show Jesus' nature. This is quite common as where the stoning of the prositute and jesus writing in the sand was never part of the orignal bible but was added much later b/c it was a religious "rumor". There were many examples of this that didnt make the bible such as the story of the clay doves, the story of Jesus ressurecting a boy as a child. Why some made it in and others didnt i dont know. But this is just another example.

I want you to think about this:
Jesus went to fast and pray....and Jesus said :dont not pray like the hypocrits.... But what is done in secret your father will reward you" Now concidering that why would Jesus tell his deciples about his meditation (on God) and his temptation, that seams pretty hypocritical and unlikely to me.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 07:26 pm
pls post where i said Christ was a created being>.........
0 Replies