WE GOT THE VISA

Wilso

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 10:41 pm
ehBeth wrote:
<wondering>

Went OK. I was quite the novelty out there. Westerners are very thin on the ground. It was also an experience that makes you appreciate what you've got. Many people in that part of the world have very hard lives.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 07:02 am
Yup. A fella I know pretty well married a young woman from Thailand about 3 years ago. A bit of culture shock on both sides - but ... you find love where you find it ... and that's what really matters.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 07:41 am
So you're back wilso
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 06:57 am
Been back for just over a week. Nee is settling in well.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 05:29 am
Now look what you've done
Now look what you've done!

Wilso went to Thailand and promptly they have a coup d'état! Shocked

(Seriously, I hope matters won't turn violent. I have friends in BKK)
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 02:16 am
From all reports, things are pretty calm in Thailand. I would still go there.

Nee's settling in well. I've started teaching her how the buses run around here, so she can get out by herself a bit. She's got some work lined up at a Thai restaurant. Something I didn't know about her-she's a wonderful cook. I've been eating some of the most beautiful food I've ever eaten.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:05 pm
Wilso

Someone who could cook and/or serve is desperately needed at Nirand Thai at Kiama.

Just moved in to massive new premises, about 120 seats, from a much smaller set up -- and all round failing to cope. One of our selections is still coming, I think. All new staff - who don't know the food, and can't wait on tables.

What food we got was good, but................
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:19 pm
Keep the good news coming, Wilso. It's good for the rest of us, too.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 12:35 am
margo wrote:
Wilso

Someone who could cook and/or serve is desperately needed at Nirand Thai at Kiama.

Just moved in to massive new premises, about 120 seats, from a much smaller set up -- and all round failing to cope. One of our selections is still coming, I think. All new staff - who don't know the food, and can't wait on tables.

What food we got was good, but................

Problem with that is transport Margo. Nee can't drive, and Kiama is quite a distance away by bus.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 05:42 am
I was really proud of her today. She went out totally by herself to the mall. Caught the bus down, did some shopping, and caught the bus home.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 01:03 pm
Are you going to teach her to drive, Wilso? Or help her enroll in a drivers' ed course somewhere?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 02:22 pm
Yes, once she develops the english skills required to get a learners permit. It's a 140 page book and you've got to know basically all of it.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 08:50 pm
Trains?

Where's the nearest station from your place? Dapto?

Nirand's a cuppla hundred yards from Kiama station.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 05:14 am
Then there's the issue of her being alone at train stations, possibly at night. She weighs 44kg. She's not exactly in a position to protect herself.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 07:53 am
I love how she's starting to get around. That's really the immigrant experience wherever you go -- that kind of slow exploration out of your comfort zone as time goes along.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 09:44 am
Watch it, Wilso. Another month and you'll be taking buses while she's out cruising around on that motorcycle.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 02:42 pm
I had to sell the bike to finance her immigration!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 05:56 pm
Sounds like a neat start for you both. Yeh, like Roger says, keep the news coming.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 09:10 pm
Nee starts work tomorrow.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 09:42 pm
Wow. She's fitting right in, isn't she.

Uh, if I had know, I would never have mentioned the motorcycle. I know it was an important part of your life, but it guess it just wasn't up there, on the list of priorities.

Dang it, I miss the weekend chats we used to have on ravensrealm, lo these many years past.
0 Replies