Irish Holocaust

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 01:38 pm
Complicity of the Catholic Hierarchy with London's planned genocide is, sad to say, well recorded.

London, prior to removing Ireland's food, appointed a few Irish Catholic Bishops to a Dublin Castle commission and awarded a £30,000 lump sum to Maynooth while increasing its annual grant from £9,000 to £26,000!

Before British troops began starving Ireland the London parliament enacted a law to return some of the seized foods in the form of rations to all of Ireland's Catholic hierarchy down to the level of, but not including, curates. Faced with residual hierarchical disquiet, M.P.s amended the law to include curates. This ended episcopal objections to the Irish Holocaust; it proceeded efficiently thenceforth. An Irish poet subsequently wrote; "...for the spire of the chapel of Maynooth is the dagger at Ireland's heart."

A Munster bishop thanked God that he "lives in a country where a farmer would starve his own children to pay his landlord's rent"!

For two centuries until 1795, priests in Ireland were felons a priori. The government paid a 5 shilling bounty for each severed head. In 1795, British ministers decided that to completely subjugate Ireland the collaboration of the Catholic Church was indispensable. Britain thus stopped murdering priests and founded and funded Ireland's national seminary; Maynooth. The tactic worked; the Irish Catholic Church became London's tool. 13 It facilitated the Irish Holocaust; it sided with Britain in the Risings of 1798, 1848, 1867 and 1916, destroyed Parnellite democracy in 1890 (traumatizing James Joyce) 14 and it has facilitated Britain's vestigial genocide in the Six Counties since 1922. Cardinal Daly recently went so far as to "beg England's forgiveness for the centuries of suffering inflicted upon it by the Irish!" Yet; isn't Catholicism as gloriously redeemed by its persecuted Fr. Wilsons and Sr. Sarah Clarkes of today as by its earlier millions of saints martyred by Elizabeth I, Cromwell, Anne, George III, Victoria, et al?

Irish Starvation Martyrs. Honorable Irish people everywhere are commemorating Ireland's Holocaust of 1845-1850 by learning the truth of it. Thus, only dupes of British propaganda still refer to "The Irish Famine," as nobody died of lack of potatoes;

but over five million Irish Catholics died of starvation or of malnutrition-induced disease when British troops removed their meats, grains, dairy products, etc. Britain could have removed food enough to sustain 13 million (but not 18 million) without starving Ireland.

No Protestant starved in Ireland Britain didn't target them.

Irish-America must tell the truth of it because in Ireland it is still too dangerous. The Irish government has announced that in June, 1997 it will end the "Irish Famine commemoration" in a "wake cum musical celebration to bury the ghost of the famine." Thus; the Irish government advertises its quisling status by ending the commemoration prior to the anniversaries of the murders of more than half of the 5.2 millions. What else can one expect from the government whose Consuls spoke in Illinois' State Legislature in opposition to the McBride Principles for Fair Employment in Northern Ireland? They pose as anti-terrorists while collaborating with the British terrorists who, since 1969, have murdered over six times as many noncombatants as have the IRA.

www.irishholocaust.org

Evil or Very Mad and more, from www.noraid.com:

Ethnic Cleansing in Ireland

Noraid.com - Sept 2005 - Northern Ireland after twice electing public officials in a free election, is being stone-walled by the DUP party which is controlled by Anti-Catholic bigot Ian Paisley and supporters who are supported by the British government who will not enforce the GFA 'Peace Plan" voted upon by the majority of the general population. In addition to the British Military Soldiers the (RUC) (local police) is made up of some 91% anti-Catholics who continue reign of terror in Northern Ireland. Sept 2005 Fact: There are More British soldiers in NI than in Iraq.

Noraid.com hopes to provide to the general public and population who ARE NOT AWARE OF THE GREAT HUNGER IN IRELAND THAT CAUSED WIDESPREAD STARVATION FROM 1845-1852.

HOWEVER, MANY PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW THAT, AT THE SAME TIME, IRISH FARMS WERE PRODUCING PLENTY OF OTHER FOODS INCLUDING CORN, WHEAT, BARLEY, AND BEEF. THIS FOOD WAS CARTED AWAY BY THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT PAST THE STARVING MILLIONS OF MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN AND THEN TAKEN TO WEALTHY ENGLAND.

SOME PROTESTANT CHURCH MISSIONS IN ENGLAND SOUGHT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SITUATION BY TRYING TO "PROSELYTIZE" THE STARVING CATHOLICS.

THE STARVING VICTIMS WERE OFFERED FOOD IN RETURN FOR RENOUNCING THEIR CATHOLIC FAITH AND CONVERTING. DURING THE FAMINE THERE WERE MORE THAN 125 MISSIONS IN IRELAND FOR THE PURPOSE OF CONVERTING CATHOLICS.

Evil or Very Mad I'd love to see the English try and deny any of this.
The Jews will be upset because they aren't the only victims and claimants to a holocaust.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,920 • Replies: 54
No top replies

Miller

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 02:01 pm
I 've never know a starving Irishman in the USA.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 02:16 pm
Neither have I.

We're talking about the Irish Holocaust. I realize it gets trumped by the oh-so-important Jewish Holocaust, but the Irish feel it is just as important, if not more so, as it has been covered up rather nicely by the English.

An estimated 5 million Irish died, and if you made that statement to a Jew you would be called anti-semitic.

Should I label you anti-Hibernia?

This thread is for discussion; if you have nothing to add other than silly statements, go watch Fox TV.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 02:18 pm
pachelbel wrote:

This thread is for discussion; if you have nothing to add other than silly statements, go watch Fox TV.

Will do! I love football and baseball and by the way, how do you feel about Irish Jews?
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 02:28 pm
I will discuss how I feel about Irish Jews when I get some discussion going on the article I posted.
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 02:56 pm
Re: Irish Holocaust
pachelbel wrote:

The Jews will be upset because they aren't the only victims and claimants to a holocaust.

Unfortunately true. Also unfortunately they were many holocausts worse than the Jewish. However the people suffered them don't have the power in the media to promote them as propaganda. The ones who deny them are just using their free speech right, while the ones who deny the Jewish holocaust are fascists or racists.

Thanks for the information and the links about the Irish genocide, I did not had a clear image of this till now.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:03 pm
Ellinas wrote:
The ones who deny them are just using their free speech right, while the ones who deny the Jewish holocaust are fascists or racists.

Criminals.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:11 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Ellinas wrote:
The ones who deny them are just using their free speech right, while the ones who deny the Jewish holocaust are fascists or racists.

Criminals.

Thank you Walter - that's a good word to add to the list. It's time to let the world know that not only 5 million Irish died, but also 2 million German civilians died of starvation and disease after WWII. The Jews like to keep that one covered up.
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:22 pm
pachelbel wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Ellinas wrote:

Criminals.

Thank you Walter - that's a good word to add to the list. It's time to let the world know that not only 5 million Irish died, but also 2 million German civilians died of starvation and disease after WWII. The Jews like to keep that one covered up.

What about the Germans that died during the war? The total number of Germans died is bigger than 8 million. Wasn't this a genocide of lunatic Hitler against his own nation?

What about the 25 million Soviets who died during World war 2?

What about the millions of Chinese who died? None is talking about them today, is their flesh cheaper? Rolling Eyes

I don't want to say that the Jews don't deserve the recognision of their holocaust. But this terrible event of world history, world war II was the reason for the death of more than 60 MILLION people. Why the Jewish holocause must be the only one recognised?
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:31 pm
Ellinas wrote:
pachelbel wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Ellinas wrote:

Criminals.

What about the Germans that died during the war? The total number of Germans died is bigger than 8 million. Wasn't this a genocide of lunatic Hitler against his own nation?

What about the 25 million Soviets who died during World war 2?

What about the millions of Chinese who died? None is talking about them today, is their flesh cheaper? Rolling Eyes

I don't want to say that the Jews don't deserve the recognision of their holocaust. But this terrible event of world history, world war II was the reason for the death of more than 60 MILLION people. Why the Jewish holocause must be the only one recognised?

Exactly. I didn't want to get into all of the world's holocausts, but you're right - the Jewish H. gets so much press because the Jews control the press. I have rarely met a Jew who does not introduce himself as one almost immediately. I know of no other race that does this. They love to try to make you feel guilty. So far, it's worked in America.

Yes, Mao had so many of his own people killed. The Chinese tend to turn against their own for some reason. The best and brightest are murdered.

I wonder why so many people think the word holocaust is reserved only for Jews?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 05:17 pm
It isn't. Sheesh.

The capitalized word is generally taken to refer to the acts of Hitler against Jews and, by the way, homosexuals, the disabled, Communists and anyone else they could send to Auschwitz, etc.

I don't want the word. I don't want it to ever have happened. I don't want mass genocide to happen to any people. But of course I am well aware it happened in lots of places. Cyprus, anyone? http://www.ataa.org/ataa/ref/cyprus/cyprus_genocide.html You forgot them while you were painting with your broad brush. Let's not forget them, either. Oh, and how about the Gulag? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulag
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 06:07 pm
And I thought this thread was about the Irish. Well, I am a Canadian because of the Irish famine. However, Ireland has suffered enough and if the ghosts can be laid to rest, then good.

I do not begrudge the Jews their appropriation of the word "Holocaust", because:

1. It happened.

2. It's kinda like the World Wildlife Federation's logo of a panda ~ it's not that the panda is in greater danger than many other species, but it makes an excellent focus for the movement. Similarly, if we can agree that the Jewish Holocaust was a horrible thing, then we can (eventually) agree that all holocausts are horrible, and then maybe we can get the political will to prevent future holocausts from taking place at all.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 06:17 pm
Ellinas wrote:
[What about the Germans that died during the war? The total number of Germans died is bigger than 8 million. Wasn't this a genocide of lunatic Hitler against his own nation?

according to wikipedia, Germany had 5.5 million military casualties & 1.8 million civilian casualties. by comparison, the 3 million Jewish casualties in Poland & the 1 million Jewish casualties in the USSR were *all* civilians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Quote:

they certainly recognize the WWII dead in Russia, and i imagine the same in China. but the Jews receive special recognition because of Hitler's intent to exterminate them as a people; it's the difference between war casualty & genocide. the Jews were murdered by fanatics from their own country, not enemy troups.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 10:24 pm
yitwail wrote:
Ellinas wrote:
[What about the Germans that died during the war? The total number of Germans died is bigger than 8 million. Wasn't this a genocide of lunatic Hitler against his own nation?

according to wikipedia, Germany had 5.5 million military casualties & 1.8 million civilian casualties. by comparison, the 3 million Jewish casualties in Poland & the 1 million Jewish casualties in the USSR were *all* civilians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Quote:

they certainly recognize the WWII dead in Russia, and i imagine the same in China. but the Jews receive special recognition because of Hitler's intent to exterminate them as a people; it's the difference between war casualty & genocide. the Jews were murdered by fanatics from their own country, not enemy troups.

I am quite aware that other genocides occurred and are occurring; I do not want to marginalize anyone else. This thread was created for discussing the Irish Holocaust. If others want to create topics on other holocausts that is your right.

The English systematically and delibrately let the Irish starve by the millions. This is documented in www.irishholocaust.org and
many, many other sites. They literally took the food from their mouths.

Hitler's intent was to exterminate Jews as a people; England's intent was to exterminate Irish as a people. I see no difference in intent, only in how it was done - does it matter HOW people are exterminated/eliminated? Does it matter HOW genocide is done?

I find the fact that so many Irish deaths goes relatively unknown and unspoken to be unacceptable. The Jews have no right to complain louder than any other race who has suffered a similar thing. In fact, the Irish were being killed IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY by invaders (English) who had a history of cruelty along with their blatant imperialism. The English were, for example, the fine race who came up with scalping, not "Indians".

Excerpt from www.ireland-information.com/articles/irishfamine.htm

By 1847, the famine was raging out of control and many people were dying of both hunger and disease, so the English Parliament passed the Labour Rate Act to Ireland (MacManus 604). This act enabled the Irish to tax themselves to give employment to those people worse off than they. Also granted was $100,000 to benefit those areas that were too destitute to even raise money at all. Of course, Anglo-Irish agents, who distributed what money that remained after their salaries had been deducted, administered these funds. This remaining money was paid to starving men for doing unprofitable public work. The 'unprofitable' was a noted stipulation in the Act. Among other things, the Irish could not build Irish railways because this would discriminate against English railway builders. They could not seed lands because this might give the Irish farmer an advantage over the English farmer and enable him to fare better in the market. The money could only be used, and was only used, to build roads where nobody ever traveled, to have them start anywhere and end nowhere, or to erect bridges where there was no river. These 'acceptable' uses can still be seen in parts of Ireland today as monuments to British wisdom. Reported in The Dublin Evening Mail was, "a gentleman traveling… counts on both sides of the road… 'nine men and four ploughs' occupied in the fields; but sees multitudes of wan laborers… laboring to destroy the road he was traveling upon. It was 'public work' " (MacManus 607).

American corn was still being imported, but a ship sailing into an Irish harbor would meet several ships with Irish foodstuffs sailing out (MacManus 605). It is also noted that more corn was exported from Ireland in one month than was imported in an entire year (MacManus 606). It seems like such a contradiction to me, that in one of the richest agricultural lands in the world, with plenty of crops to feed the population that so many people were dying of hunger.

Parliament's next idea was to force the English landowners in Ireland to bear the cost of the famine. The way the landlord's dealt with the situation was to ship the poor tenants out of Ireland and to dump them on the United States or Canada. This became the age of the 'coffin ships'. An actual letter from an agent to his tenants read, "There is no hope for you as long as you remain in Ireland. The only means of improving your situation is to leave the country. All those who are in arrears for rent will be forgiven what is due, passage to Canada will be paid and you will be given a title to free land from our agents in Canada" (Keegan 21). Many people have said that is something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. This is an understatement in this situation. Starving from an artificially created famine, and disease ridden because of it, the poor tenants were easy bait. The cruelty of the landlords is well known, but life aboard the coffin ships is hardly documented and the ultimate fate of the emigrants is rarely adverted to. To put it simply, the route from Ireland to Canada is littered with the bodies and graves of Irish tenant farmers.

Why aren't these facts well-known? Because they are buried under mountains of articles about the suffering of Jews. It is time that Irish and Irish-Canadians as well as Irish-Americans demand a full apology from England, and monuments to honour every famine grave.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 11:21 pm
Tico wrote:
And I thought this thread was about the Irish. Well, I am a Canadian because of the Irish famine. However, Ireland has suffered enough and if the ghosts can be laid to rest, then good.

I do not begrudge the Jews their appropriation of the word "Holocaust", because:

1. It happened.

2. It's kinda like the World Wildlife Federation's logo of a panda ~ it's not that the panda is in greater danger than many other species, but it makes an excellent focus for the movement. Similarly, if we can agree that the Jewish Holocaust was a horrible thing, then we can (eventually) agree that all holocausts are horrible, and then maybe we can get the political will to prevent future holocausts from taking place at all.

There is a holocaust taking place in Lebanon, caused by Israel. If it were the other way around, you'd be hearing some whining for sure.

I begrudge the Jews use of the word because they tend to think they have exclusive use of the word holocaust. When someone says that word, what do you think of? Irish? German? Russian? Chinese?

"It happened" to all of these people, too, and they should not be marginalized. Their pain and suffering is no less than the Jews. In FACT, more people died in other holocausts than the Jews. For instance, the Chinese.

Yes, it's all horrible and 'the Jews have suffered enough and the ghosts can be laid to rest' - does that statement (substitute Jews for Irish or any other race) have more credibility if you use the word "jew"? Why is it that every other nationality must lay their suffering to rest, but the Jews can moan and complain forevermore? Because they own the media, is why. There is no word for people who don't like Germans, Irish, English, Russians, Japanese, Iranians, Iraqis. Being called anti-semitic is like using the "n" word. Jews deserve no more consideration than anyone else on the planet.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 11:34 pm
pachelbel wrote:

I am quite aware that other genocides occurred and are occurring; I do not want to marginalize anyone else. This thread was created for discussing the Irish Holocaust. If others want to create topics on other holocausts that is your right.

i wasn't responding to your discussion of the plight of the Irish. i responded to points raised by Ellinas, which evidently did not detract from your thread, so it's rather inconsisent of you to insinuate that my response belongs in some other thread.

Quote:
Why aren't these facts well-known? Because they are buried under mountains of articles about the suffering of Jews. It is time that Irish and Irish-Canadians as well as Irish-Americans demand a full apology from England, and monuments to honour every famine grave.

the wikipedia article on the Irish Potato Famine claims that the Irish Holocaust site you cite "appears quite biased." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Potato_Famine#Memorials_to_the_famine)
regardless, on what basis are you claiming that these "facts" aren't well-known? or that they're buried under a mountain of articles about the Holocaust? assuming they are less than well known, wouldn't the passage of time & short attention spans have something to do with it? obsession about the Holocaust didn't prevent Live Aid from taking place to help famine victims in Ethiopia, did it?
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 11:55 pm
yitwail wrote:
pachelbel wrote:

i wasn't responding to your discussion of the plight of the Irish. i responded to points raised by Ellinas, which evidently did not detract from your thread, so it's rather inconsisent of you to insinuate that my response belongs in some other thread.

Quote:

the wikipedia article on the Irish Potato Famine claims that the Irish Holocaust site you cite "appears quite biased." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Potato_Famine#Memorials_to_the_famine)
regardless, on what basis are you claiming that these "facts" aren't well-known? or that they're buried under a mountain of articles about the Holocaust? assuming they are less than well known, wouldn't the passage of time & short attention spans have something to do with it? obsession about the Holocaust didn't prevent Live Aid from taking place to help famine victims in Ethiopia, did it?

I don't know about you, but when I was in school (not college) I never read anything about Irish Famine graves or their plight at all. I did, however, hear about the Jewish Holocaust ad nauseum. I suspect that is the case with most people, including the Irish in Ireland. That is why I am basing my claim that this horrible famine was not well documented or well known. It was something that the English wanted to cover up, along with their other atrocities.

I had one poster on another thread today (we'll let his name remain unknown at this point) tell me I must have looked it up on a conspiracy theory website! In other words, no Irish Holocaust existed, at least in his mind. Try asking some people - do a poll- and see how many are as familiar with the Irish Holocaust as they are the Jewish H. It is this complete glossing over of other people's history by the Jews that is repulsive to me. I know they think they are the chosen, but there are people on planet Earth who disagree.

There is a poster on this thread who thanked me for posting the info about the famine in Ireland (he's from Greece) because he did not know anything about it.

Anyway, whenever I meet a Jew (and they always tell me within a few minutes that they are Jewish) ---I don't know what they expect me to say, but I say "I'm sorry. I'm Irish. Do you know how many of us died in the Famine"? I think information sharing is a good thing. And don't get me wrong; I have several friends who are Jewish, and they know better than to start their moanin' and complainin' with me Laughing
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:12 am
i suspect the Greek poster was unfamiliar with the facts because there aren't too many Greeks of Irish descent. you didn't go to school in the states, right? (since you spell honor with a u.) it's been too long ago for me to remember if it was mentioned in my school days. anyway, you've helped inform some people with this thread, but you'll turn off a lot of people with the anti-Jewish tone of your rhetoric, while appealing to the anti-Jewish element of the audience. if that's not your intent, you might tone it down a bit. besides, it's Brits who are accountable for the suffering of the Irish, if anything, not Jews.
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 06:55 am
yitwail wrote:
i suspect the Greek poster was unfamiliar with the facts because there aren't too many Greeks of Irish descent.

Greeks of Irish descent? Sorry, I don't understand what you are talking about.

I knew that the Irish suffered a lot from the Brits, what I said was that I did not have a clear image and specific facts about this. What pachelbel posted was informative for me, that is why I thanked him.

Sorry for getting away from the subject, but I feel bothered by the fact that some brainwashed people are facing with irony disasters like the Irish holocaust, or any other holocaust, while they protect the Jewish holocaust indisputably.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:06 am
Ellinas wrote:

Greeks of Irish descent? Sorry, I don't understand what you are talking about.

i mean Greek citizens whose ancestors came from Ireland to Greece during the famine. there are many such people in the United States. they're often refered to as Irish-Americans. President John Kennedy, and senators Robert Kennedy & Ted Kennedy were Irish-Americans, for example.

Quote:
I knew that the Irish suffered a lot from the Brits, what I said was that I did not have a clear image and specific facts about this. What pachelbel posted was informative for me, that is why I thanked him.

well, he misunderstood you, not me. it was he who wrote,
Pachelbel wrote:
There is a poster on this thread who thanked me for posting the info about the famine in Ireland (he's from Greece) because he did not know anything about it.

Ellinas wrote:
Sorry for getting away from the subject, but I feel bothered by the fact that some brainwashed people are facing with irony disasters like the Irish holocaust, or any other holocaust, while they protect the Jewish holocaust indisputably.

by "protect the Jewish holocaust indisputably" do you mean that there is no proof that the Holocaust took place? and by "brainwashed people are facing with irony disasters like the Irish holocaust" are you refering to me? i'm asking this sincerely, because you're not expressing yourself clearly here.
0 Replies