rosborne979

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 07:50 am
Roberta wrote:
Saw a show on one of the nature channels in which some "scientists" were trying to determine whether it was possible for some dragon/dinosaurs to breathe fire. They thought it was possible. I scoff.

I scoff too.

Was that the show narrated by Patrick Stewart (Jean Luc Picard)? I saw that too, I think it was some kind of satire documentary or something. Very strange show.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:15 am
dlowan wrote:
Roberta wrote:
Hey Deb, You sending some kind of message? Not gonna track down all the clues. One word on several different threads. Out with it, bunny.

Just

being

a

pain

in

the

BUM!

Thanks for sparing me the hunt. Had collected some of those words. A true pain in the bum would have made me look. :wink:
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:20 am
rosborne979 wrote:
Roberta wrote:
Saw a show on one of the nature channels in which some "scientists" were trying to determine whether it was possible for some dragon/dinosaurs to breathe fire. They thought it was possible. I scoff.

I scoff too.

Was that the show narrated by Patrick Stewart (Jean Luc Picard)? I saw that too, I think it was some kind of satire documentary or something. Very strange show.

rosborne, I think we saw the same show. I don't think it was a satire. I think it was a serious attempt to get viewers. And a serious attempt to prove something completely unprovable. I watch the Science Channel, the Discovery Channel, National Geographic, and Animal Planet. I am occasionally amazed at what passes for science, study, or even rational.

It's about da money, kid.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 10:17 am
Roberta wrote:
rosborne, I think we saw the same show. I don't think it was a satire. I think it was a serious attempt to get viewers. And a serious attempt to prove something completely unprovable. I watch the Science Channel, the Discovery Channel, National Geographic, and Animal Planet. I am occasionally amazed at what passes for science, study, or even rational.

I watch the same channels, and I'm also dismayed by some of the things they choose to air. I understand that they want to make money, but there has to be a point at which veracity and accuracy become valuable to viewers.

Tabloid newspapers exist to entertain the people who love rumors. But what happens when all the newspapers (and TV shows) become tabloid and real science becomes a rare thing. Perhaps there will be a backlash and quality science shows will re-emerge. Or perhaps we are on a long spiral back into the dark ages.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 01:14 pm
Ahem.

Consider giving "equal exposure" to The Theory of Evolution" and "Intelligent Design".

The barbarians are breaching the gates.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 01:53 pm
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/912/ifmrq5.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 02:46 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
Roberta wrote:

I watch the same channels, and I'm also dismayed by some of the things they choose to air. I understand that they want to make money, but there has to be a point at which veracity and accuracy become valuable to viewers.

Tabloid newspapers exist to entertain the people who love rumors. But what happens when all the newspapers (and TV shows) become tabloid and real science becomes a rare thing. Perhaps there will be a backlash and quality science shows will re-emerge. Or perhaps we are on a long spiral back into the dark ages.

And all the hovering dragoins will fall, in leaden despair, to earth for the last time...
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 03:53 pm
dlowan wrote:
And all the hovering dragoins will fall, in leaden despair, to earth for the last time...

I hope not. I posted the image above to keep them flying Smile
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 09:25 pm
That's a beautiful dragon.

May he or she hover long and proper.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 06:43 pm
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/14500/14826_w.jpg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 06:58 pm
Tres cool. No fire, no hovering. But definitely dragonly.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 07:02 pm
Rosborne, gorgeous! They have to be real.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 05:01 am
rosborne979 wrote:

I only see a rectangle saying "Image"!!!!!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 07:50 am
dlowan wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:

I only see a rectangle saying "Image"!!!!!

"Right-click" on the image and copy the image address. Then cut/paste the address into your browser manually. It should open that way.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 09:02 am
Quote:
May he or she hover long and prosper.

Hear! Hear!

The world would be poorer without the notion of dragons.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 09:26 am
Oh so true, Noddy.
0 Replies

Ladies luv me 123

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 08:12 am
@rosborne979,
so just cuz dragons hav 6 limbs they r aliens? we r the only species that evolved to speak, read and write..... so does that mean we r from another planet too?
dlowan

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 02:46 pm
@Ladies luv me 123,
The whole thread was a joke hon....for fun. No need to get all ariegated.

Welcome to A2k.
And damn the program that put this thread in Environment!

Good grief.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 02:54 pm
This thread was fun!
0 Replies