ShadowDragonClaw

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 02:32 am
In answer to dlowans starting question, I would assume a dragon would have difficulty in hovering. In birds, the bones are hollow and feathers are used to fly. They are light and can glide with the wind. With a dragon, the wing muscles are much larger and the webbing is thicker and larger in proportion so that a dragon would have to beat very hard in order to hold its position in the air. Needless to say, they are more built for speed and stealth as scales are much more aerodynamic than feathers.

There after, I would like to comment to Setanta. Where are you getting your facts from?? The colour of a dragon depicts little more difference than the colour of a human's hair, eyes, or skin tone. Yes, darker skin tones allow better to resistance to sunburn, but people who have red hair are not notorious for being hot tempered just as blondes are subject to stupidity...

Even if dragons were to have major characteristics based on colour when the sanctions began, the intermixing by now has surely destroyed those lines. Only man-made fantasy tales and RPG facts could really result in such a conclusion. Though, when has by word of human mouth truly been the truth? I can think of a certain holy scripture in regards to that. Dragons...nasty...ha, anything that compromises humans as the dominate intelligence is always thought to be evil even other humans at times...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:47 am
"when the sanctions began"

Might one ask you to expand upon this point?

One is agog!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:48 am
Reading with interest.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:23 am
PA! shadowdragonclaw is another of these young upstarts who given a month or year of contact seem to believe they know everything there is to know about all manner of things.

Get back to your crib little man, go to your momma and suckle some more until you're ready to show some deference to your betters.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 07:21 am
dadpad wrote:
PA! shadowdragonclaw is another of these young upstarts who given a month or year of contact seem to believe they know everything there is to know about all manner of things.

Get back to your crib little man, go to your momma and suckle some more until you're ready to show some deference to your betters.

Well, s/he knows about the sanctions, which none of you other people have mentioned.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:15 pm
Sanctions - all covered in the USA Free Trade Agreement ! Pa!
0 Replies

ShadowDragonClaw

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 12:23 am
Indeed, I shall admit that knowledge is something that all can only acquire with time. I have had only but a few years of search and discovery. I was merely asking the points from where these facts came from. I don't claim to know everything. Hardly the case. I am here to learn. The claims made by Setanta were unethical and over stereotypical, that is the only claim that I have made.

I am a He by the way dlowan, and thank you for standing up for me, even though I seem to have fallen through...

And I do not understand your comment margo... ?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 01:58 am
ShadowDragonClaw wrote:
Indeed, I shall admit that knowledge is something that all can only acquire with time. I have had only but a few years of search and discovery. I was merely asking the points from where these facts came from. I don't claim to know everything. Hardly the case. I am here to learn. The claims made by Setanta were unethical and over stereotypical, that is the only claim that I have made.

I am a He by the way dlowan, and thank you for standing up for me, even though I seem to have fallen through...

And I do not understand your comment margo... ?

But tell us about these sanctions.....?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 09:46 am
I have a feeling that the Sanctions are one of the topics that may not be discussed with the earthbound.
0 Replies

ShadowDragonClaw

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 12:08 am
I can only make assumptions, but perhaps that in the beginning, a hierarchy would have ruled over the differences. Perhaps one colour was ordained, whilst another deemed inferior over all. Laws would then dictate actions in regards to the level of status. As with all laws, however, lines tend to be crossed. Hordes by lower colours allowed them to look favourably to higher colours. Thus the inter-status relationships began to breakdown the old ways and set forth to new order.

Or perhaps, which is also likely, territories where separated by colour and laws dictated one specific race individually. Again, curiosity, wealth, and general emotion would lead to couplings for the various species.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 01:24 am
Damned claw whatsit has disappointed me very much about the sanctions, you know.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 02:53 am
dlowan wrote:
Damned claw whatsit has disappointed me very much about the sanctions, you know.

I'll warrent he is a good kid really. most of the young ones have a tendancy to show off. Then when they find themselves out of their depth try to waffle their way out.

Give him time dlowan,.... Give him time.

<smiles paternally>
0 Replies

ShadowDragonClaw

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 04:14 am
High and mighty I do not pretend to be. I have asked for knowledge if any care to understand me and now I have another question if any of you would be kind enough to answer. With what deliverance have you to assert yourselfs the defining apparitions of dragonkind?

Call me child if you must, but I dare say that pureness of heart is a quality that is thus given to me. I would not give that up. As I only have 19 years behind my name I can not justify my thoughts through eras that have long since past, nor started future concepts to a substantial extent.

I have no intension of insulting anyone, nor do I wish to be insulted in return...A more straight forward question then, what is your answer regarding the sanctions?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 04:29 am
ShadowDragonClaw wrote:
High and mighty I do not pretend to be. I have asked for knowledge if any care to understand me and now I have another question if any of you would be kind enough to answer. With what deliverance have you to assert yourselfs the defining apparitions of dragonkind?

Call me child if you must, but I dare say that pureness of heart is a quality that is thus given to me. I would not give that up. As I only have 19 years behind my name I can not justify my thoughts through eras that have long since past, nor started future concepts to a substantial extent.

I have no intension of insulting anyone, nor do I wish to be insulted in return...A more straight forward question then, what is your answer regarding the sanctions?

I don't HAVE an answer...I have questions.

You mentioned tham....I wish to know more about them.

Stand and deliver, forsooth, or hitherto be known as a knavish churl.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 07:29 am
Stand with me young dragonclaw!!! Look sharp now! The lagamorph can be a dangerouse creature when roused. Things could go either way here so hold my back whilst I calm the beast.

O mighty eater of crows hear me well as this shall be the only time that THE SANCTIONS are spoken of.

Much of the lore dealing with THE SANCTIONS has been lost in the mists of time however those well versed in lore have maintained the old stories.
In my mind only one question ever remained to be answered.

The question is... if the Quadir could ignore the Tse-Tung transfer of dragon technology as well as other entities to Romesh, why did it impose sanctions on the Ganges and Quadiristan after their dragon flights?
0 Replies

ShadowDragonClaw

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 01:53 am
Quote:
In my mind only one question ever remained to be answered.

The question is... if the Quadir could ignore the Tse-Tung transfer of dragon technology as well as other entities to Romesh, why did it impose sanctions on the Ganges and Quadiristan after their dragon flights?

...Romesh? Could you clarify this term...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 04:36 am
First there was the sacrifice then the transfer then the sanctions.
No -one knew at first for sure what the greatest levele of sacrifice would be, not even the Romesh. It was this that the Tse - Tung asked in exchange for the technologies.

Some say it was the fair Eulalie who gave the most correct answer, others disagree I tend to shy away from concrete answers.

It is my feeling I have said enough and will leave this place for a time. Perhaps you should do the same. I suggest you head for the great southern land, Terra Tasmanus. Here you will find people of your own intellect to discourse with.

Aa' menealle nauva calen ar' malta dragonclaw
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 04:38 am
"levele"?

And...Tasmanus?

No need to insult the wee claw!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 04:42 am
And had you not been so quick to speak (as always) all would be well.

Antolle ulua sulrim Lle holma ve' edan.

Namaarie dlowan Namaarie
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 04:51 am
dadpad wrote:
And had you not been so quick to speak (as always) all would be well.

Antolle ulua sulrim Lle holma ve' edan.

Namaarie dlowan Namaarie

And elvish quatsch right back at ya!
0 Replies