Jesus In Heaven Don't We Have Enough On Our Plates?

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:33 pm
now this f**k up who has botched the mid east, botched his own country wants to stick his nose in Cubas business? Shut the hell up woulkd ya?
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/01/D8J7PAVO0.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,187 • Replies: 123
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:37 pm
Are you of the opinion that assisting Cuba to transition to a democracy would be a bad thing?

Or do you just want to bitch about Bush?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:39 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Are you of the opinion that assisting Cuba to transition to a democracy would be a bad thing?

I'm saying no ones asked for our help and that the presumptious bastard ought to wait until somebody does....

bush reminds me of the idiots who come up to me and tell me how to run sound when they don't know a fader from a volume knob.....a damned annoyance and a lot of balls....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:39 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Can we really afford the troop strength to do that?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 02:02 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

I'm saying no ones asked for our help and that the presumptious bastard ought to wait until somebody does....

bush reminds me of the idiots who come up to me and tell me how to run sound when they don't know a fader from a volume knob.....a damned annoyance and a lot of balls....

You mean we ought to wait until Fidel Castro asks us for help transitioning Cuba to a democracy? No? Who then? The Cuban exiles living in Florida? Who?

Who needs to ask for our help before you will think this is not "presumptuous"?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 02:03 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Why do you assume it would require troops?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 02:05 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Because that seems to be Bush's M.O., We bring democracy at the end of a barrel.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 02:08 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

You mean we ought to wait until Fidel Castro asks us for help transitioning Cuba to a democracy? No? Who then? The Cuban exiles living in Florida? Who?

What about his brother Raul, who I supposed will be running the show?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 02:11 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Because that seems to be Bush's M.O., We bring democracy at the end of a barrel.

If that were the case we wouldn't be offering our assistance, we would just do it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 02:15 pm
and this would be America's business in what way?

none.

yeah, that's it.

none.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 02:26 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

What about his brother Raul, who I supposed will be running the show?

I dunno ... I'm not an expert on the matter. Maybe Raul doesn't have the personal charisma to do the dictator thing ... or maybe he does.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 02:29 pm
Just what the world needs...

...George Dumbya Bush spreading more democracy.

The moron ought to be down on the ranch spreading horseshyt.

That, at least, he might do right!

(Although I wouldn't bet on it.)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 02:41 pm
ehBeth wrote:
and this would be America's business in what way?

none.

yeah, that's it.

none.

I disagree. We have more than a million political refugees from Castro's Cuba living in the US. Cuba is just a few miles from our shores. The US has a legitimate interest in Cuba being a free and democratic country. If we want to offer assistance to Cuba and Cubans, damn straight it's our business.

And what business is it of yours? None. Yeah, that's it. None.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 02:51 pm
hmmm....Raul is 75....didn't realize that.

was reading a list of potentials, but it seems the consensus is once fidel is gone, they'll be no one make make sure his wishes are followed anyway.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 04:52 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
[ We have more than a million political refugees from Castro's Cuba living in the US. Cuba is just a few miles from our shores. The US has a legitimate interest in Cuba being a free and democratic country. If we want to offer assistance to Cuba and Cubans, damn straight it's our business.

Your avatar gives you away, Tico.

You don't give a damn about any of that stuff.

You just want the chance to get a good cigar.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 05:01 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

I'm sure that many of the poor, downtrodden Cubans, in their fascist dictatorship, would ask for help if they could.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 05:03 pm
Shock and Awe, I assume is your (Ticomaya) was the preferred method of bring democracry to nasty little nations you don't like.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 05:05 pm
Diebold could corner the Cuban market if they play their cards right.
0 Replies

djjd62

dyslexia wrote:
Shock and Awe, I assume is your (Ticomaya) was the preferred method of bring democracry to nasty little nations you don't like.

oh yes please, this iraq war has just become shock with little awe, we really need to see some cruise missles light up the night
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Fidel's brother will merely carry on the policies of Castro. Bush is insanely desperate to address something he knows nothing about by stating his intentions to force, er, "assist" Cuba in her transitional period to Democracy. Afterall, we've seen how lovely his policies have worked in promoting Democracy in the Middle East.

Bush is also desperate to garner whatever votes he can get, as America looks to kick Republicans out of office. That would include pandering to the Cuban American community in his brother's state of Florida. A million political refugees is alot of votes in ensuring a lock for future Republican candidates.
0 Replies