What do you think of living together before marrige?

cavfancier

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 05:51 pm
Ooofff...who died and made New Haven judge of social decay? Not personal, I know your beliefs, but shouldn't religion have the capacity to bend a bit?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 05:52 pm
sozobe wrote:
Thanks for that info, Catelina.

I would say that if there is a significant cultural opposition to living together, it may not be worth it. I don't know enough about the cultural of Korea, but my impression is that it is much more frowned upon to live together before marriage there than it is in the U.S. (which is where I live.)

Reason:

Decay of moral values in the US. :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 06:03 pm
New Haven wrote:

Decay of moral values in the US. :wink:

I agree that there may be some decay of moral values in the U. S., New Haven, but I rather suspect we have a different impression of what specifically is decaying and who the people are most responsible for it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 06:10 pm
the divorce rate from people who describe themselves as born again christians ( can we assume they marry sans cohabitaion) is higher then those that describe themselves as atheists/agnostics. not sure where the morality is in this.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 06:19 pm
Just a smile..
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 06:19 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Ooofff...who died and made New Haven judge of social decay? Not personal, I know your beliefs, but shouldn't religion have the capacity to bend a bit?

No! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 06:20 pm
dyslexia wrote:
the divorce rate from people who describe themselves as born again christians ( can we assume they marry sans cohabitaion) is higher then those that describe themselves as atheists/agnostics. not sure where the morality is in this.

Sorry, but I'm not a Christian and I don't know any "born again" Christians. :wink:
0 Replies