i'v been a miner for a heart of gold

Swimpy

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 02:10 pm
djjd62 wrote:
i'm thinking it's gone

i'm supposed to be using this filter thing, but it didn't have it and really had to go, brief disruption in flow and ever since, no twinges in the kidney area

will keep up with the thistle stuff as pervention

Finally! Hurray!!! Doesn't sound like it was too painful.. That's good!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 05:43 pm
must have only been part of it (maybe the supplement i'm taking is working), still a few twinges from the kidney but very few and far between and no pain at all
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 12:05 am
Djjd, usually, after a crisis it takes a week or two before you come back to normal. It's like if you had been punched, it takes time to heal...
Sometimes you think you still have something inside the kidney.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 12:12 am
but.. hey, what kind of stone was it?

This matters re future eating patterns.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 12:20 am
I don't remember what kind of stone was mine, I've to check the old analysis.

But from my experience it only matters if you don't keep the drinking pattern needed in such cases.

I've no special diet and no meds but I drink a lot of water, beer (very diuretic).

And, time to time, my sapwood lime decoction (say, once every two months).

As it tastes like soap water, it probably just washes every kind of stones and mud you could have in the kidneys.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 12:30 am
Well, it matters if you have calcium stones or uric acid stones, to some extent. - re how you adjust your eating or drinking.

I am more used to questions about uric acid stones, as we had a lab related to uric acid metabolism across the hall, back in 1902 or whenever I was a lab tech.

The types of stones are distinct to md's.

But I won't argue much, as this is not all personal to me. I gather that advice differs, dependent on what the stone is.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 04:56 pm
Any news? Package arrive?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 05:11 pm
package arrived, no news yet, i think some of it's gone, maybe the couple of days of milk thistle helped a bit, will try this as well
0 Replies