i'v been a miner for a heart of gold

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 05:55 pm
Good thing there's A2K. The Northridge grapevine ain't working so good. Hope you're feeling better soon. Remember "This too shall pass"
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 05:57 pm
hopefully sooner than later

big storms up on the island, or so i hear, any word on the property
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 06:14 pm
According to the CBC there was a possible tornado near Lang Lake which I think is south of Espanola. Wondering if the trailer(s) are bowling around the playground. One good outcome could be if the hydro/Bell pole was toppled as it has to be replaced anyway before the hydro can be upgraded...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 03:59 pm
Hey dj, I hope it all, er, comes out soon. And as painlessly as possible. My dear uncle K___ had 'em all his life but maybe 5 years ago he had a procedure done whereby the remaining ones were zapped with ultrasound. And then he was (well, he always had been doing this, he just continued) on a low-calcium diet to prevent formation of new ones.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 04:44 pm
dj, They are the most painful things a man can have. When I was just little, I remember my father moaning with the kidney stone thing, and he NEVER admitted to pain. It scared me. Hope it's all over soon, honey.

Just a wee bit of humor. My friend in Virginia dreamed that she passed a hand painted kidney stone. Hmmmm. That may turn out to be an eBay thing.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 04:47 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
One good outcome could be if the hydro/Bell pole was toppled as it has to be replaced anyway before the hydro can be upgraded...

Unless, of course, it falls on the trailer Confused

Missed my t'ai chi class last night because the instructor was at Emerg with .......you guessed it -- kidney stones! Here's a guy who in addition to teaching t'ai chi teaches karate and ju jitsu, never drinks coffee, only herbal tea and water, eats right, blah, blah, blah and yet..... So, hey, if it's any comfort you're in good company.

How's the mining going?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 04:53 am
not good, no reall pain, just a constant kind of twinge, like somebody poking me in the side all day, thinking of taking the pharmacists advice, non alcoholic beer, need better flushing i think
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:29 am
more flushing
more flushing

if the de-alcoholized beer is cold cold cold, you won't mind too much

more flushing
more flushing
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 06:07 am
My two cents, Djjd:

After my first experience, and that was real pain, I learned a lot about renal calculi.

When I had my second experience, thirteen years ago, the paramedics took me to the clinic where I stood under drugs for almost two weeks, the thing being too small to undergo surgery.

Then I asked some familiar to make me a decoction of Lime tree sapwood.

I drank half the bottle, in the evening, then slept. In the morning I felt better having evacuated half of the stuff. Then I drank the rest of the bottle and three hours after evacuated the calculus.

It was over.

Now, time to time, I drink the decoction in order to "wash it out" and never had further problems...

Lime tree sapwood
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 09:19 am
Take your lime sapwood concoction so you don't become pleached..

photo link here -
http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-sissinghurst-limewalk-gallery_picture

I seem to remember there are two kinds of kidney stones. Back on that after I google a bit.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 09:23 am
Hmmm, there are more than two kinds. I was thinking of the calcium oxalate type, and uric acid related type.... which I remember years ago could be associated with high blood pressure as well (don't trust me on that).

Here's a quickly found link - lots of useful info.
http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/Kidney_stones.html
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 05:53 pm
any news on the travellers?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 05:57 pm
I was just thinking the same thing.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 06:31 pm
still holding on, it's so hard to stay properly hydrated in this environment (greenhouse), let alone over hydrated, but sunday, i'm just gonna sit at home, and drink any and every liquid i can et my hands on until i burst and hopefully move this thing along
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 06:49 pm
It's gotta be tough. Sorry to keep asking. Now drink up, me boy-o!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 06:50 pm
I highly recommend Boston Coolers Cool
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 07:41 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
I highly recommend Boston Coolers Cool

good point, having xtra large green tea, black very strong every morning, as much water, cranbery juice as i can manage during the day, and more water, juice and some non alcoholic beer at night, no real pain since sunday night monday morning, just this kind of dull throb
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 07:49 pm
Why don't you follow up on Francis' advice, djjd62?

Sounded reasonable to me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 07:54 pm
lime tree = linden. Too bad they just finished blooming!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 07:58 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Why don't you follow up on Francis' advice, djjd62?

Sounded reasonable to me.

missed his post somehow

does sound good, but how to get ingredients, hmmm
0 Replies