i'v been a miner for a heart of gold

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 08:01 pm
Ask littlek.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 08:02 pm
DJ, you're in tranna? Where ever you are - find a health food store with a good reputation.

Did a quick search - sapwood is the green part between the bark and the heart wood. It is that which you boil. Of course, I'd just go to the store for it.

This is great:

Quote:
WHEN small stones are lodged in the kidneys, or discharged along with the urine, the patient is said to be afflicted with the gravel. If one of these stones happens to make a lodgment in the bladder for some time, it accumulates fresh matter, and at length becomes too large to pass off with the urine. In this case the patient is said to have the stone.

CAUSES.-The stone and gravel may be occasioned by high living; the use of strong astringent wines; a sedentary life; lying too hot, soft, or too much on the back; the constant use of water impregnated with earthy or stony particles; aliments of an astringent or windy nature, &c. It may likewise proceed from an hereditary disposition..............

DR. WHYTE advises patients who are subject to frequent fits of gravel in the kidneys, but have no stone in the bladder, to drink every morning, two or three hours before breakfast, an English pint of oyster or cockle-shell lime-water. The Doctor very justly observes, that though this quantity might be too small to have any sensible effect in dissolving a stone in the bladder, yet it may very probably prevent its growth.

WHEN a stone formed in the bladder, the Doctor recommends Alicant soap, and oyster or cockle-shell lime-water, see Appendix, Lime-Water, to be taken in the following manner: The patient must swallow every day, in any form that is least disagreeable, an ounce of the internal part of Alicant soap, and drink three or four English pints of oyster or cockle-shell lime-water. The soap is to be divided into three doses; the largest to be taken fasting in the morning early; the second at noon; and the third at seven in the evening; drinking above each dose a large draught of the lime-water; the remainder of which he may take any time betwixt dinner and supper, instead of other liquors.

THE patient should begin with a smaller quantity of the lime-water and soap than that mentioned above; at first an English pint of the former, and three drachms of the latter, may be taken daily. This quantity, however, he may increase by degrees, and ought to persevere in the use of these medicines, especially if he finds any abatement of his complaints, for several months; nay, if the stone be very large, for years. It may likewise be proper for the patient, if he be severely pained, not only to begin with the soap and lime-water in small quantities, but to take the second or third lime-water instead of the first. However, after he has been for some time accustomed to these medicines, he may not only take the first water, but, if he finds he can easily bear it, heighten its dissolving power still more by pouring it a second time on fresh calcined shells.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 04:08 pm
Local health food store recommended "Chanca Piedra" (apparently "Stone Crusher" in Spanish) an herb from Mexico or the rain forest or somewhere way south of here. A company called Platinum Naturals in Richmond Hill markets it. You may want to do some research before self-medicating of course.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 04:39 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
Local health food store recommended "Chanca Piedra" (apparently "Stone Crusher" in Spanish) an herb from Mexico or the rain forest or somewhere way south of here. A company called Platinum Naturals in Richmond Hill markets it. You may want to do some research before self-medicating of course.

my colombian co-workers were telling me about some plant that there father used back home for the same problem, possibly this one

if no results after tomorrows mass hydration, i may check it out
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 04:43 pm
sounds like a great all round supplement actually

Chanca Piedra
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 05:02 pm
Let me know if you want me to buy it and include it in the birthday girl's package. Will probably CANPAR either Tuesday or Wednesday (Thursday we head for the island).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 05:22 pm
I'm not sure y'all noticed my link, so I'll copy a bit re prevention in the future -

Prevention

Knowing the exact cause and type of stone enables people to make changes that can help prevent further stones.

To help prevent any type of stone, fluid intake should be two to three litres per day - water is best.

People who get calcium stones should cut down on foods that have high levels of calcium (dairy products and leafy green vegetables), and oxalate (chocolate, tea, rhubarb, cooked spinach and asparagus). It's important to discuss dietary changes with a doctor - not everyone finds them helpful.

People who get uric acid stones should eat less meat, fish and poultry. Also to help prevent uric acid stones, medicine may be prescribed to control the level of uric acid in the urine.

People who get struvite or "infection" stones need to keep the urine free of bacteria that can cause infection. This may mean taking long-term antibiotics.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 06:15 am
Tai Chi wrote:
Let me know if you want me to buy it and include it in the birthday girl's package. Will probably CANPAR either Tuesday or Wednesday (Thursday we head for the island).

if you could, that would be great, i checked shoppers supplements last night to no avail, and not sure when i could get to a reasonable health food store in the near future
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 07:26 am
djjd - it's Sunday

time to start drinking a couple of litres of liquid per hour

(you can pretend you're getting ready to go for an ultrasound)
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 08:00 am
already started

i have a 700 ml (approx.) glass, and i'm alternating right now between, a cocktail of pure cranberry juice, pommegranite and blueberry juice mixed with water, and a couple of PC Red .5% beers

plus some green tea and reg water thrown in for good measure
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 08:02 am
slosh
slosh
slosh

good luck!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 08:46 pm
36 hours later ....

tap
tap
tap
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 08:49 pm
I've not been through all this myself, can only hug and then have you swat me re the pain.

Still waiting for lab results here.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 04:56 am
still nothing, i'm waiting to see if my sister can send me the chanca piedra stuff and in the mean time i'm using something called milk thistle combo suggested by my local health store
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 07:05 am
Wondered how long it would take before you "outed" me Off to "Picture of Health" and Canpar this morning. Cool
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 07:18 am
Sister! Obviously you knew each other IRL, was trying to figure it out. Cool!

Are you keeping your doctor abreast of the various remedies you're trying, djjd?

Sorry it's taking so damn long, you seem quite stoic about it but it's got to suck. Take care.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 08:36 am
i'm thinking it's gone

i'm supposed to be using this filter thing, but it didn't have it and really had to go, brief disruption in flow and ever since, no twinges in the kidney area

will keep up with the thistle stuff as pervention
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 08:37 am
Tai Chi wrote:
Wondered how long it would take before you "outed" me

sorry
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 10:37 am
Tai Chi wrote:
Wondered how long it would take before you "outed" me Off to "Picture of Health" and Canpar this morning. Cool

the moon landing story kinda did that
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 01:14 pm
Well whether or not there is any mining left to do the supplement is on its way!
0 Replies