For Those That Are Christians.....

Intrepid

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 07:16 am
Bartikus wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Oh no, not the agree to disagree. Laughing

I agree is disagree if you will agree to agree with my disagreement when I disagree with what you say when you disagree with me.

That is why it is so difficult for some people. There are so many takes on Christianity, even among Christians. All we can do is the best we can in the way that we deem it should be done and have faith that we have made the right choices. Hopefully, we can all reach the goal regardless.

Quote:
Intrepid....when you say hopefully...we can ALL reach the goal

Who do you speak of?.

Everyone who God desires to do so.

Quote:
What exactly is your hope?

For all to desire and earn a place in Heaven

Quote:
Why?

So we can be together with all we know and have known and to be at one with God and His Son in everlasting peace.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 07:17 am
Arella Mae wrote:
As far as no hell in the Old Testament, you do realize, of course, that Jesus went into hell and preached the Gospel to some that were there?

I'm sorry, but where on Earth did you get that last part from?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 07:43 am
Maybe she is referring to 1 Peter 3:19
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 08:01 am
"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison. (1 Peter 3:18-19)

http://biblestudyplanet.com/livingwaters/?p=132
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 08:12 am
Actually in many ppl believe Jesus decended in the place of "eternal sleep" to bring those who had followed the law to heaven. Hell is once again put in there instead of what he actual meant. And obviously Eternal Sleep is death. So god took the dead to heaven but not from hell.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 09:05 am
If that is your understanding of it, then that is your understanding. Someday, I'm sure we'll find out ALL the truth. :wink:
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 09:10 am
It's seriously sad that the only reason she claims to be a Christian is fear of hell.

"Why else would we be Christians," indeed.

Spoke VOLUMES.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 09:14 am
Snood,

Didn't you and I have a conversation once about whether my belief in God was based on fear of hell or love of God? Or was it with Intrepid? I know that this has been discussed on one of these threads.

Anyway, the outcome was I don't fear hell because I love God. I don't love God because I fear hell.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 09:15 am
Arella Mae wrote:
If that is your understanding of it, then that is your understanding. Someday, I'm sure we'll find out ALL the truth. :wink:

Sad Sad Sad Twisted Evil :wink: I was right...

Seams morbid to me....lol
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 09:16 am
You were right about what? Oh, and it's seems, not seams. Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 09:23 am
Arella Mae wrote:
If there were no hell then I don't think there would be any reason to accept Christ, do you? I mean if we are just going to be dead, who would care?

Were you lying when you said that, or when you said this?

Arella Mae wrote:
I don't fear hell because I love God. I don't love God because I fear hell.

It's so hypocritical that you pretend to address snood to respond to me.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 09:41 am
Snood and Intrepid,

Yes, I addressed my post to you because I am not going to directly address Lash because if I do then she will say that I lied about that. Rolling Eyes

As far as that statement in red goes, it had absolutely nothing to do with loving God or fearing God. It had to do with if there is a heaven then there is a hell and if there is no hell then there was no reason for Christ to die on the cross to save us from our sins.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 10:21 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Snood and Intrepid,

Yes, I addressed my post to you because I am not going to directly address Lash because if I do then she will say that I lied about that. Rolling Eyes

This is WILD. Do you get that you ARE addressing me--you are just using hypocrisy to pretend that you aren't??? Do you know that everyone else gets that?? BE REAL!!!

YOU ARE ADDRESSING ME CRAZY WOMAN.

As far as that statement in red goes, it had absolutely nothing to do with loving God or fearing God. It had to do with if there is a heaven then there is a hell and if there is no hell then there was no reason for Christ to die on the cross to save us from our sins.
Separation from God is considered hell for many Christians. There doesn't have to be a LOCATION of a scary hot place. Some people base their religion on a love and devotion that has no fear of anything rather than being separated from Christ.

It's the same thing as why a child is respectful and obedient to their mother. Because you love her and want to please her, or because she'll beat you if you don't. You have answered that

0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 10:36 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Snood and Intrepid,

And just to make it very clear to everyone, Yes, I know that I am responding to Lash, but I am not doing it directly! Duh! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 11:56 am
Which makes you a CRAZY HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 12:20 pm
Why would Jesus decend to "hell"? I see the only way to make any sense of this is this theory....Jesus came to die, he had the power to comand the angels to free himself....but he didnt, he let himself die....SUICIDE!.... now according to Catholosism, that sends you strait to "hell". Then he escaped from "hell" after deafeating Satan.

That is the only way that could make sense, or the fact there is no hell.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 12:24 pm
EpiNirvana wrote:
Why would Jesus decend to "hell"? I see the only way to make any sense of this is this theory....Jesus came to die, he had the power to comand the angels to free himself....but he didnt, he let himself die....SUICIDE!.... now according to Catholosism, that sends you strait to "hell". Then he escaped from "hell" after deafeating Satan.

That is the only way that could make sense, or the fact there is no hell.

He descended to hell to preach to those that died before He came along. Yes, He let them crucify Him. He gave His life up for us. Nice twist on the suicide thingy there. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 01:56 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
Snood and Intrepid,

And just to make it very clear to everyone, Yes, I know that I am responding to Lash, but I am not doing it directly! Duh! Rolling Eyes

Sorry. I didn't respond to this as I had already addressed this subject a bit earlier. Also, I knew that it was not directed to me. IMO, if a post is to be directed to someone else, then it should be directed to someone else. I am not trying to be harsh, just realistic.

Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 02:14 pm
Point taken. :wink:
0 Replies

megamanXplosion

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 11:05 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
“For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison. (1 Peter 3:18-19)

http://biblestudyplanet.com/livingwaters/?p=132

That is also a bad translation but the translation errors don't lead to a major misunderstanding of the phrase. First and foremost it should not say "by the Spirit" but rather "in the spirit." The second problem is the words "by whom also" because it should say "in which." The phrase should read "being put to death in the flesh but made in the spirit, in which he went and preached to the spirits in prison." These are fairly minor differences but if you compare them you will see the difference it makes in interpretation.

The "spirits in prison" is a correct translation but you are interpreting more into the phrase than what was intended. The "spirits in prison" refers to the souls that are confined in Sheol. Sheol is the realm of the dead. Everyone that dies goes to the realm of the dead to await the time of judgement. The judgement is either (1) die also in spirit and remain dead for all eternity or (2) live and remain alive for all eternity in Heaven. There is no "hell" of eternal punishment to be found in that passage.
0 Replies