ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

freedom4free

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 06:26 am
old europe wrote:
freedom4free wrote:
Hezbollah really need to thank the Russian RPG-29 for their victory.

Hezbollah would have already destroyed or damaged at least a division of armoured tanks on the seven available to Tsahal. These losses compromised the strategy of blitzkrieg.

F4F, with this post you've once again shown that the stupidity and hate on both sides knows no limits. You've been posting articles and numbers about how many Lebanese have been killed, but obviously you're using numbers only to make a point. I've you would value a human life, you wouldn't be celebrating the deaths of Israeli soldiers.

You can easily join the guys on the right who stated that Israel should destroy as much of Lebanon as possible, to teach them a lesson or who say that everyone who favors the terrorists' side should be considered a terrorist too and therefore eliminated.

It's exactly this hate on both sides that triggers conflicts like the current one, and that prevents that the Middle Eastern countries can live in something even vaguely resembling peace....

Are you suggesting that NO one should discuss the out come of a war?

Do you also believe that the right would NOT have celebrated Israel's win ? (not that i'm celebrating Hezbollah's win) - was only interested in finding out HOW they won.

Quote:
Israel lost the war in Lebanon

Beirut, 07:43

Israel "gambled out" its chance with the war in Lebanon - assessed former Lebanese general Amin Hoteit.

"The state that attacked us failed to fulfill its goals, and accordingly, gambled out its chance", said the General on Monday in an interview for the Russian news agency RIA Novosti.

While opening the war, Israel had three main goals - to free its captured soldiers, to eliminate Hezbollah as a military force and to clear the terrain of fighters and weapons north of Litany River on Lebanese territory, said Hoteit.

None of these goals was fulfilled, added the general, assessing that the Israeli army entered into the conflict unprepared and forced air operations.

According to the Lebanese military analyst, during the one-month conflict Israel lost 125 tanks, more than in entire history of Israeli-Arab wars.

Besides that, Israeli intelligence has failed, because it didn't pass on to aviation one valid information on Hezbollah's missile bases.

General reinstates that with the fact that just in the last days before the cease-fire, 250 missiles fell in Israel, launched from Hezbollah's positions in southern Lebanon.

This result of the war will have broad reflection in the Arab world and the Middle East, assesses the Lebanese general, adding that US and Israel wouldn't like that reflection. /end/

link
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 07:16 am
The Questions

Quote:
Just answer the questions:
1) How are Islamic terrorists not fascistic?
2) How is Israel fascistic?
3) How is the Merriam Webster dictionary definition wrong?

Fascism
One entry found for fascism.

Main Entry: fas•cism
Pronunciation: 'fa-"shi-z&m also 'fa-"si-
Function: noun
Etymology: Italian fascismo, from fascio bundle, fasces, group, from Latin fascis bundle & fasces fasces
1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control <early>
- fas•cist /-shist also -sist/ noun or adjective, often capitalized
- fas•cis•tic /fa-'shis-tik also -'sis-/ adjective, often capitalized
- fas•cis•ti•cal•ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb, often capitalized

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=fascist

My words.
First off, I never said the Merriam-Webster Dictionary is wrong nor I have ever said that Israel was a fascist nation.

Fascism is secular in nature and Muslims hold their religion as the ruling power. Second, most Muslim extremist are not State run but exist all over the ME and even in our own good USA so they can't by their nature "exalt nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition."

Some Muslim extremist might fit the second definition but not Hizbullah as they have participated in elections and have worked with other people or groups who do not hold to their beliefs both political and otherwise.

In conclusion George Bush's use of the newly made term "Islamicfascist" in regards to Hizbullah is both ill considered towards all Muslims as it insults Islam as a religion which just adds more fuel to the fire causing more moderates to turn extremist and incorrect in Hizbullah in specific.

Thank you for saying what you did about my education or lack thereof. I graduated high school with about average grades.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 07:23 am
The question here is not fascism, although an excellent case could be made for the fact that Iran, Syria, and Lebanon are pretty much nazi states at this juncture.

The question is sanity. The hezbullies basically work for and report to Maxmouod Ahmadi-najad, who is certifiably insane.

Israel does not frighten the normal Arab states in the region; Ahmadi-najad does. Having that much power in the hands of somebody who has clearly lost touch with reality is very dangerous.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 07:48 am
Gungasnake wrote:
Israel does not frighten the normal Arab states in the region; Ahmadi-najad does. Having that much power in the hands of somebody who has clearly lost touch with reality is very dangerous.

Ya, we see that in George Bush.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:11 am
xingu wrote:
Gungasnake wrote:

Ya, we see that in George Bush.

Having the federal government back under adult supervision really hurts you de-moker-rats, doesn't it?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:14 am
In fact, I can sort of remember what it must feel like. I used to BE a demokkkrat, and by that I mean that we were sort of indoctrinated as children. It took me about ten years of living in the real world to grow out of it.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:45 am
Congratulations gunga. Welcome to reality.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:54 am
okie wrote:
Congratulations gunga. Welcome to reality.

The thing which finally did it, aside from Jimmy Carter's disaster of a presidency, was the racism. I remember thinking to myself something like

Quote:

"Hey, you know, if racism is really a bad thing, then I can't be voting for these fools (demokkkrats) any more...."
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:17 am
Yes, and when is the black population going to wake up and realize they are being used and abused, big time by the Democrats?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 10:00 am
Get a room, you two, will you?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 10:19 am
And please use condoms.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 10:47 am
Syria quite happy with this outcome: they see the balance of power changing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4794363.stm
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 11:43 am
Nobody can be happy with the current situation. Israel looks like a looser, because it has not achieved the goals Olmert has set and its military has lost that nimbus of invincibility it has maintained for decades, and Lebanon looks like a looser because the much applauded democracy in one of the more Western oriented countries in the Middle East has not been able to reign in the extremists of Hezbollah, not to mention avert the Israeli military intervention on its own soil.

The way things are looking at the moment, the winners are the Hezbollah extremists, Syria and Iran. Of course the notion that the outcome would have been different had Israel only had more time to fight Hezbollah is ridiculous (for reference, see Iraqi insurgency).
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 11:54 am
McTag wrote:

Anyone else reminded of "Baghdad Bob"?

Quote:
"The Americans are not there. They're not in Baghdad. There are no troops there. Never. They're not at all."

"U.S. forces learned a lesson last night they will never forget. We slaughtered them and will continue to slaughter them."

"There is no presence of American infidels in the city of Baghdad."

"We blocked them inside the city. Their rear is blocked.... They pushed a few of their armored carriers and some tanks with their soldiers. We besieged them and I think we will finish them soon."

"We have killed most of the [coalition] infidels, and I think we will finish off the rest soon."
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 12:29 pm
Egypt presents new deal for release of abducted IDF soldier

By Reuters

Egyptian mediators have presented Hamas and other militant groups with a new proposal aimed at ending a six-week-old standoff over an Israel Defense Forces soldier seized near the Gaza strip, Hamas officials said on Tuesday.

A source close to the negotiations said the proposal called for Hamas to transfer Corporal Gilad Shalit to Egyptian authorities in return for Israel's release of up to 600 Palestinian prisoners, including some women and minors.

Another group of Palestinian prisoners, including many who have served longer sentences, would be freed by Israel at a later date.

Israel has so far rejected any prisoner swap for Shalit, who was captured by gunmen from Hamas and other groups in a cross-border raid on June 25.

"A new offer was made to the Hamas movement by the Egyptian security delegation in Gaza," Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri told reporters, declining to discuss the proposal's contents.

He said the militant groups would not back down from demands that Palestinian prisoners be released in exchange for Shalit.

"Hamas is still committed to its demand that there must be reciprocity in time and action," Abu Zuhri said.

He also stressed the group was insisting that those freed fell under the categories of prisoners specified by the three militant factions holding Shalit.

Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas met in Gaza on Tuesday with Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh of Hamas.

Haniyeh said last week that he hoped a deal over Shalit could be reached soon, though he offered no details.

A senior Palestinian official said Qatar had recently stepped in to help mediate between Israel and Hamas.

"Israel has made new offers to Hamas via the Qataris in return for Shalit," the official said.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 01:38 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
McTag wrote:

Quote:
"The Americans are not there. They're not in Baghdad. There are no troops there. Never. They're not at all."

"U.S. forces learned a lesson last night they will never forget. We slaughtered them and will continue to slaughter them."

"There is no presence of American infidels in the city of Baghdad."

"We blocked them inside the city. Their rear is blocked.... They pushed a few of their armored carriers and some tanks with their soldiers. We besieged them and I think we will finish them soon."

"We have killed most of the [coalition] infidels, and I think we will finish off the rest soon."

Not unlike Tokyo Rose who day after day broadcast to our troops that their president was lying to them, they were losing in their efforts, and they were risking and giving their lives for nothing.

Do you suppose some of these people are her kin?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 02:20 pm
One thing you have to keep in mind in judging between Israel and hamas regarding prisoners....

It costs a lot of money and effort to keep anybody in prison, anywhere on Earth, and Israelis have a strong aversion to misspending money; if there was any possible way they could let any or all of those people go and feel safe about it, they would have done so long since.

The people hamas wants freed are spiritual brethren and kindred spirits to Jack the Ripper, Lucrecia Borgia, Elizabeth Bordon, the Boston Strangler, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Al Capone, and Paul Bernardo.

Gilad Shalit on the other hand is just a soldier.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 03:17 pm
tico asked:
Quote:

No. But more honest students of the matter will be reminded of today's and yesterday's discussions and commentary in the Israeli press, which was noted and linked earlier.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 03:24 pm
blatham wrote:
tico asked:
Quote:

No. But more honest students of the matter will be reminded of today's and yesterday's discussions and commentary in the Israeli press, which was noted and linked earlier.

Of course an honest student of the matter might acknowledge that one can be reminded of todays and yesterday's discussions and commentary in the Israeli press, which was noted and linked earlier, and still be reminded of "Baghdad Bob."
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 06:37 pm
I usually don't take issue with you, Gungasnake but I find that I must. You are aware, of course, that the USA and many of its citizens pour large amounts of money and other support into Israel each year.

Why are they wasting our money?

The Fanatic Murdering Islamo-fascists are much more into Economics and cost effectivenes. Instead of housing Prisoners--feeding them--guarding them--they are efficient. They merely slash their throats like they slashed the throat of the innocent newsman- Pearl!
0 Replies