ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

BernardR

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 05:38 pm
Freedom4Free -- Are you saying that the quote from Hugo Chavez was NOT in your link? Please............I critiqued it and you appear to feel that I was not telling the truth.

Chavez' quote was in your link. The author chose to place it in his article. Case closed!!
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 05:43 pm
Freedom4 free wrote:

Amid the political and diplomatic fallout from Israel's faltering invasion of Lebanon, some Israeli officials are privately blaming President George W. Bush for egging Prime Minister Ehud Olmert into the ill-conceived military adventure against the Hezbollah militia in south Lebanon.

end of quote

Of course, "some" 2? 6? 9? isreali officials are privately blaming George W. Bush... Israel is a parliamentary Democracy..they have parties just like we do and they score political points, they have the "cut and run" party just like we do, they have the "moderates" just like we do and they have the right wing, just like we do.

You will, not, I assure you, get any kind of parliamentary open wrangling of this sort from Iran. There, the penalty for opposing the Mullahs is expulsion or death!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 05:54 pm
freedom4free wrote:
Beyond comparison

By Gilad Atzmon
Online Journal Guest Writer

Aug 11, 2006, 01:19

'Israel Military action is an unjustified aggression that is being carried out in a style of Hitler, in a fascist fashion.' (Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez)....

So now, our resident nazi is quoting Hugo Chavez in making his case that the Israelis are nazis....

BWWAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAA haaaaa haaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaa haaaaarrr haaaarrrrrrrrrrrr ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho hoho ho ho ho ho hoho ho ho ho ho hoho ho ho ho ho hoho ho ho ho ho hoho ho ho ho ho hoho ho ho ho ho hoho ho ho ho ho ho.......
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 06:21 pm
In response to BrandX's post: from a piece Gungasnake posted earlier today:

Quote:
From the Iranian viewpoint, Israel succeeded in seriously degrading Hizballah's capabilities. It was also able to throw the Lebanese Shiite militia to the wolves; the West is now in a position to force Nasrallah and his men to quit southern Lebanon and disarm. The West shut its eyes when he flouted the Resolution 1559 order for the disarmament of all Lebanese militias. But that game is over. The Americans will use Resolution 1701 as an effect weapon to squeeze Iran, denied of its second-front deterrence, on its nuclear program.

Tehran hopes to pre-empt the American move by torpedoing the Lebanon ceasefire and preventing the termination of hostilities at all costs.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 07:23 pm
gungasnake wrote:

So now, our resident nazi is quoting Hugo Chavez in making his case that the Israelis are nazis....

Yes, the same Hugo Chavez that takes a birthday cake to his hero and fellow traveler, Fidel Castro. And the same Hugo Chavez that loves the North Korean dictator and most of our other enemies around the world. Don't look for any more fair elections in Venezuela for a while.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 10:05 pm
One other sort of thing I'm seeing in the news here...

Quote:

Almost sounds like the suckers have been pushed back out of katyusha range...
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 11:02 pm
Gungasnake_ I am sure you have more of the gems you wrote this morning about the son asking her mother why Hassan's house has been destroyed while his has not.

Those gems keep our conversations oiled with laughter. Please keep them coming!!!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 11:13 pm
okie wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

Yes, the same Hugo Chavez that takes a birthday cake to his hero and fellow traveler, Fidel Castro. And the same Hugo Chavez that loves the North Korean dictator and most of our other enemies around the world. Don't look for any more fair elections in Venezuela for a while.

Note, the USA has interfered in most of the democratic elections in the Americas whose outcome it did not favour.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 12:13 am
Interference in Elections? Do you have a link or proof of that, Mr. McTag or are you just blowing smoke?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 12:51 am
BernardR wrote:
Interference in Elections? Do you have a link or proof of that, Mr. McTag or are you just blowing smoke?

Bernard, don't you ever sleep? I'm worried about your health.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 01:08 am
Don't worry about my health, Mc Tag, just give me a link with proof that the US has "interfered" with elections in South America.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 02:09 am
BernardR wrote:
Don't worry about my health, Mc Tag, just give me a link with proof that the US has "interfered" with elections in South America.

I know you're not stupid, and I know you're not under-informed. So I conclude you are being mischevous, and disingenuous.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:08 am
Not that anyone might wish to pour cold water on you folks' militaristic triumphalism...

Quote:
Israel's verdict: We lost the war
By Donald Macintyre in Metulla, Israel
Published: 15 August 2006

Ehud Olmert, the Israeli Prime Minister, was obliged to admit "shortcomings" in the 34-day-old conflict in Lebanon yesterday as he launched what may prove a protracted fight for his own political survival.

Mr Olmert's admission in a stormy Knesset session came in the face of devastating poll figures showing a majority of the Israeli public believes none or only a very small part of the goals of the war had been achieved.
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article1219280.ece

Or, from Ha'aretz
Quote:
Israel should pack up and go

By Nadim Shehadi

What is the logic that will emerge from this war? If Israel can exist only by destroying the neighborhood, then it's time to declare it a failed state. The Zionist dream has turned into a nightmare and is not viable. If the future holds more of the same, then the time has come to reconsider the whole project. Every state has a duty to defend its citizens, but also it has a duty to provide them with security and the two are different. The prospects are for more destruction, fanaticism, violence and hatred. No unilateral separation can isolate Israel from this, nor can the region or the world live with the consequences. This seems to be the only choice, and Israel must do itself and others a favor and go away.

Quote:
With such a left, who needs a right?

By Yossi Sarid

Despite the large number of soldiers and civilians who were killed, each one has his own, personal grave. May they rest in this frail peace. They are victims of an injured leadership that has killed many people in its desperation.

For the others - the politicians, the generals and their court reporters - a different fate lies in wait. This war has dug them all a mass grave. They themselves should resign, but they are not men of honor nor people of responsibility. An inquiry commission, even if it is a long time in coming, is required to march them off on their last political journey.

And even if their trickery succeeds in evading the public guillotine, in the coming years they will float like dead fish to the water's surface. Only the murky stream and political partisan inertia will enable them to look like live, active people.

Both found HERE
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:12 am
Or this...
Quote:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-lebanon15aug15,0,7225418.story?coll=la-home-headlines
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:25 am
Interesting read blatham, thanks.

Hezbollah really need to thank the Russian RPG-29 for their victory.

Hezbollah would have already destroyed or damaged at least a division of armoured tanks on the seven available to Tsahal. These losses compromised the strategy of blitzkrieg.

Lebanese Resistance uses Russian anti-tank rocket launchers of the last generation which perforate not only Merkava Israelis, but also the tanks of US manufacture.

The Russian RPG-29:

http://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/jpg/rpg-29-2.jpg

And it works:

http://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/cache-220x320/arton142995-220x320.jpg

The Israeli minister of public Safety, Avi Dichter, and the minister of Defense, Amir Peretz, announced that Hezbollah is using modern anti-tank rocket launchers of Russian manufacture, as a private individual of RPG-29 with load out of tandem.

http://www.acig.org/artman/uploads/astk_merkava_d_in_beirut.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/reuters_molt/1447323479.jpg
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:39 am
f4f

I would like it to be absolutely clear in your noggin that I consider Hezbollah militaristic triumphalism and those who voice it precisely as pathological as Israeli triumphalism and those who voice it.

All you asswholes who hate so easily and who need only the slightest push to justify such cruelty and insanity as we're witnessing in the middle east are at the bottom of my list of creatures I don't want bats to eat.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:43 am
Quote:
Violations by Military Recruiters Up Sharply
Numbers Rose From 2004 to 2005 With Pressure to Meet Goals, GAO Finds

By Josh White
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, August 15, 2006; Page A05

The number of alleged and substantiated violations by U.S. military recruiters increased by more than 50 percent in one year, a rise that may reflect growing pressure to meet wartime recruiting goals, according to a Government Accountability Office report released yesterday.

Allegations of wrongdoing by military recruitment personnel rose from 4,400 cases in fiscal 2004 to 6,600 cases in fiscal 2005, with substantiated cases increasing from 400 to almost 630, according to the report. The number of cases found to be criminal violations more than doubled, from 33 to 68.

The increase in violations was noted despite a significant decline in the number of people who joined the military.

What if they made a war and nobody came?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:51 am
And, heavens above, from George Will

Quote:
The Triumph of Unrealism

By George F. Will
Tuesday, August 15, 2006; Page A13

Five weeks have passed since the kidnapping of two Israeli soldiers provoked Israel to launch its most unsatisfactory military operation in 58 years. What problem has been solved, or even ameliorated?

Hezbollah, often using World War II-vintage rockets, has demonstrated the inadequacy of Israel's policy of unilateral disengagement -- from Lebanon, Gaza, much of the West Bank -- behind a fence. Hezbollah has willingly suffered (temporary) military diminution in exchange for enormous political enlargement. Hitherto Hezbollah in Lebanon was a "state within a state." Henceforth, the Lebanese state may be an appendage of Hezbollah, as the collapsing Palestinian Authority is an appendage of the terrorist organization Hamas. Hezbollah is an army that, having frustrated the regional superpower, suddenly embodies, as no Arab state ever has, Arab valor vindicated in combat with Israel.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/14/AR2006081401163.html
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 06:07 am
freedom4free wrote:
Hezbollah really need to thank the Russian RPG-29 for their victory.

Hezbollah would have already destroyed or damaged at least a division of armoured tanks on the seven available to Tsahal. These losses compromised the strategy of blitzkrieg.

F4F, with this post you've once again shown that the stupidity and hate on both sides knows no limits. You've been posting articles and numbers about how many Lebanese have been killed, but obviously you're using numbers only to make a point. I've you would value a human life, you wouldn't be celebrating the deaths of Israeli soldiers.

You can easily join the guys on the right who stated that Israel should destroy as much of Lebanon as possible, to teach them a lesson or who say that everyone who favors the terrorists' side should be considered a terrorist too and therefore eliminated.

It's exactly this hate on both sides that triggers conflicts like the current one, and that prevents that the Middle Eastern countries can live in something even vaguely resembling peace....
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 06:15 am
blatham wrote:
f4f

I would like it to be absolutely clear in your noggin that I consider Hezbollah militaristic triumphalism and those who voice it precisely as pathological as Israeli triumphalism and those who voice it.

All you asswholes who hate so easily and who need only the slightest push to justify such cruelty and insanity as we're witnessing in the middle east are at the bottom of my list of creatures I don't want bats to eat.

Too late blatham, haven't you learned never to criticize Israel?

Laughing You're in big trouble now boy, just because i thanked you for a post, you will now be regarded as anti-semitic, by the right. Laughing

From the tone of your post i can see that you're scared of being lumbered in the same category as me. (an anti-semite)
0 Replies