ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 10:52 am
okie wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
More Reuters/Hezbollah photo maniputation. .....

Foxfyre, I started a new thread on this, because I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. So if you wish to also post your information there, I would really appreciate it.

Sure Okie, but it will be later on today. Takes a bit of time to load the location of the photos. Or if you wish to use the source and move it all over there yourself, that would be fine with me.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 10:52 am
okie wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
More Reuters/Hezbollah photo maniputation. .....

Foxfyre, I started a new thread on this, because I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. So if you wish to also post your information there, I would really appreciate it.

I look foward to hearing of all the conspiracy theories thrown about, hopefully it will be with a little evidence. One case of one photographer does not make a "tip of the iceberg."
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 10:54 am
Has anyone mentioned that this photographer was also responsible for many of the pictures taken in Qana?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 10:56 am
If the United States attacks Iran, Iran will, eventually, win.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 10:57 am
McGentrix wrote:
Has anyone mentioned that this photographer was also responsible for many of the pictures taken in Qana?

We know that McG; however there were other pictures from other news agencies such AP and AFP of Qana which were just as devastating. You guys are off and running; I'll give you that. Oh, well; if it makes you feel better...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 10:59 am
revel wrote:
Foxfrye, I agree with you, it is very clear that the photographer in Reuters was practicing deception and clearly anything he has published is not to be trusted. In fact I have just quit going to Rueters for the time being with anything related to Lebanon. It is to Reuters credit though that they have admitted this and has recalled all his photographs and fired him.

However, that is still only one photographer from one news agency. Reuters has not been the only source for the images of Lebanon or news of Lebanon. Not long ago there was that NYT journalist who made up stories. He was caught and fired. Are we not trust any journalist anywhere because some manipulate news and images? After all, who knows what else has been practiced and not just caught?

This is the journalist who got caught this time. A2K is peppered with posts of other journalists who have 'embarrassed' their news organizations with made up stories, unsubstantiated sources, false documents, etc.

So Okie's comment of the 'tip of the iceberg' is certainly a distinct possibility. Anybody who wants the real truth is willing to see both the subtle and glaring bias and manipulation of the news. The subtleties SierraSong illustrated and for that got rolling eyes from those who don't want to believe it. The very fact that it was bloggers and not anybody in the media who exposed the falsehoods should give us at least pause for thought don't you think?

Some actually do want the real truth, not the 'truth' they wish to see or the 'truth' that others want them to see.

Not believe anybody in the media? No, I'm not suggesting that. There are journalists, both left and right, who demand the highest degree of accuracy, verification, professionalism, and integrity in their reporting. These won't always get it right, but you can be damn sure they are not intending to mislead or distort in any way.

Unfortunatley, media types with that kind of integrity are becoming more and more difficult to find.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 11:07 am
BernardR wrote:

In my Opinion, Israel should go full tilt to destroy as much of Lebanon as possible. Perhaps then they will teach that country the lesson--If you harbor maniacs who infiltrate Isreal to try to kill our people, we will make it very painful for you. Perhaps in the next election in Lebanon, the voters will select a regime which will not abide Hezbollah in their midst.

My opinion is the same as yours.

The UN peacekeeping force would be better stationed on the border between Lebanon and Syria to try at least to observe the amount of ordnance shipped by Iran through Syria into Lebanon and into Gaza. The UN peacekeeping force currently in Lebanon was at their current location apparently incapable of observing any of this flow of ordnance. The UN has been proven incapable of stopping any such flow. If they were stationed on the border between Syria and Lebanon, perhaps the UN could provide at least a guess of the amount of ordnance crossing that border.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 11:10 am
McGentrix wrote:

Yes that was mentioned in the article I posted awhile ago. One thing that reporter didn't mention though that the bloggers have noticed is that not only the errant photographer add smoke that wasn't there, but he added a lot of BUILDINGS that weren't there. Now wouldn't you think that even one of the other reporters who were there would have picked up on that?

I was hearing a commentary this morning that Hezbollah doesn't usually allow just anybody into the areas to photograph the deaths and devastation, however. They allow one or two trusted repprters in who take all the pictures and then share them with everybody else. Now if that is true, that will also be something to think about in analyzing the reliability of the media to tell it like it really is.

(You'll notice you don't see a lot of bylines on photos coming out of the Hezbollah areas.)
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 11:17 am
ican711nm wrote:
BernardR wrote:

In my Opinion, Israel should go full tilt to destroy as much of Lebanon as possible. Perhaps then they will teach that country the lesson--If you harbor maniacs who infiltrate Isreal to try to kill our people, we will make it very painful for you. Perhaps in the next election in Lebanon, the voters will select a regime which will not abide Hezbollah in their midst.

The UN peacekeeping force would be better stationed on the border between Lebanon and Syria to try at least to observe the amount of ordnance shipped by Iran through Syria into Lebanon and into Gaza. The UN peacekeeping force currently in Lebanon was at their current location apparently incapable of observing any of this flow of ordnance. The UN has been proven incapable of stopping any such flow. If they were stationed on the border between Syria and Lebanon, perhaps the UN could provide at least a guess of the amount of ordnance crossing that border.

Oh, yes by all means lets just bomb Lebanon to smithereens which will take decades again for them recover from. After all they are all just evil people anyway.

http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b/hotzone/blogs8187

http://hotzone.yahoo.com/meet-kevin;_ylt=AhU30rgyUPzk95h1RHogGxGLFMsF
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 11:45 am
Israel intensifies airstrikes in Lebanon

Quote:
By SAM F. GHATTAS, Associated Press Writer
14 minutes ago

BEIRUT, Lebanon - Israeli warplanes intensified airstrikes and launched a new commando raid in south Lebanon on Monday, killing at least 23 people in one of the heaviest tolls in days. Lebanon's prime minister won strong support from Arab states to plead his case at the United Nations for a full Israeli withdrawal.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 11:48 am
Foxfyre wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Yes that was mentioned in the article I posted awhile ago. One thing that reporter didn't mention though that the bloggers have noticed is that not only the errant photographer add smoke that wasn't there, but he added a lot of BUILDINGS that weren't there. Now wouldn't you think that even one of the other reporters who were there would have picked up on that?

I was hearing a commentary this morning that Hezbollah doesn't usually allow just anybody into the areas to photograph the deaths and devastation, however. They allow one or two trusted repprters in who take all the pictures and then share them with everybody else. Now if that is true, that will also be something to think about in analyzing the reliability of the media to tell it like it really is.

(You'll notice you don't see a lot of bylines on photos coming out of the Hezbollah areas.)

I believe nothing coming out of Lebanon. Hezbollah uses staging tactics and manipulates what reporters are allowed to divulge.

THIS is only one example of Hezbollah's idea of "fair & balanced".
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 11:50 am
SierraSong wrote:
I believe nothing coming out of Lebanon. Hezbollah uses staging tactics and manipulates what reporters are allowed to divulge.

You mean those live videos on tv are fake as well?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 11:52 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
SierraSong wrote:

You mean those live videos on tv are fake as well?

If Hezbollah dictated what could and could not be videographed, they very well could be something quite different than the accurate story.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 11:54 am
Foxfyre wrote:
If Hezbollah dictated what could and could not be videographed, they very well could be something quite different than the accurate story.

Actually, yesterday's stops in the reportings i've watched were dictated by Israelian missile attacks.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 12:06 pm
It must be really annoying for the Hezbollah film producers shooting this fictional war picture, to have their efforts constantly distrupted by war.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 12:13 pm
I suppose, the Swiss tv paid Hezbollah better or got better Hezbollah film roducers or so: the missile litterally just missed their reporter during a life broadcast (went down 10m aside in the neighbouring building) in the main evening news.

One of the German reporters (from the ARD), situated at a different location but reporting at the very same time, stopped his report as well, though not so spectacular.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 12:13 pm
revel wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
BernardR wrote:

Oh, yes by all means lets just bomb Lebanon to smithereens which will take decades again for them recover from. After all they are all just evil people anyway.

The evil or righteousness of the Lebanese is not the issue. The survival of Israel is the issue. The tolerance of the Lebanese for Hezbollah and other murderers of Israelies stationing themselves among them is a serious threat to Israel's survival. That tolerance of the Lebanese cannot rightfully be tolerated by Israelies who wish to survive.

The Lebanese do have another choice. They can join the Israelies identifying and exterminating Hezbollah. Then the Israelies would be well motivated to avoid destroying Lebanon.

In the "olden days" the enemy were those who hurt you or helped your enemy hurt you, and your allies were those who hurt your enemy or helped you hurt your enemy.

"Nowadays" the enemy are those who defend themselves against their would-be murders or their would-be murderer helpers, by intentionally killing their would-be murderers, or their would-be murderer helpers, in order to prevent themselves being murdered.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 12:21 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
It must be really annoying for the Hezbollah film producers shooting this fictional war picture, to have their efforts constantly distrupted by war.

Yes - it's called Ali Baba and the Forty ThievesThere was REALLY only one!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 12:23 pm
Well said Ican. As I said before, Lebanon could have ended this on Day 2 by requiring Hezbollah to return the soldiers and stand down.

Some think of Israel as this big bad bully of the Middle East. The true situation of Israel is shown in this map. Note that former and present Palestinian leaders, Syria, and Iran, all of which are reported to be funding and arming Hezbollah, and Hezbollah itself, are on record as intending to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth.

But Israel should not defend itself against agressors from any of these? And now it should grant Hebollah a reprieve so that it can regroup and rearm? How much sense does that make if you're Israel?

http://www.sitesatlas.com/Maps/Maps/MEast-pol.gif
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 02:21 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Well said Ican.

I had to stop dead in my tracks knowing nothing good could come from reading further.
0 Replies