ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:51 am
German Development Aid Minister Dirk Niebel was denied entry into the Gaza Strip as part of his Middle East tour, German and Israeli news agencies reported on Saturday evening.

Israel bars German minister from Gaza
Quote:
"I would have wished for a clear political signal would be sent for an opening and for transparency," said Niebel, of Germany's liberal Free Democratic Party (FDP).

"Sometimes the Israeli government does not make it easy for its friends to explain why it behaves the way it does," he added.

Niebel is the vice-president of the German-Israel Society.

Advocate

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 04:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter, as usual, you failed to give the whole story.

Ynetnews.com published the following:

Foreign Ministry Spokesman Yigal Palmor said in response that Israel's policy for the past three years has been not to allow high-ranking politicians into the Gaza Strip.

"This is not a personal decision against Niebel, who is a wanted guest. The project he wishes to promote is also important and positive in our eyes. Hamas uses such visits in a manipulative fashion in order to show that its diplomatic isolation in the international arena has been broken," said Palmor.

"If the Germans only wanted to promote a water purification plant, what would a visit to Gaza help? If there are problems, they have to speak with us. If they wanted to know what is happening with their taxpayers' money, Germany could send a clerk or an office manager, not a politician, and we would not deny him entry. If we were to let Niebel enter, how could we say 'no' to ministers from other countries?"
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 11:01 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Am I the only one that sees humor in a German politician being involved in Israel's Palestinean concerns, when Germany, I believe, was the direct cause of Israel's coming into extistence in 1948? The humor I talk of is the humor of "chutzpah."
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 11:24 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Am I the only one that sees humor in a German politician being involved in Israel's Palestinean concerns, when Germany, I believe, was the direct cause of Israel's coming into extistence in 1948? The humor I talk of is the humor of "chutzpah."

Well thanks to the "Germania Judaica", I do know how that chùtzpe [חוצפהis] the Yiddish transformation of the Hebrew חצפה [chuzpà].
You, foofie, certainly have Ssechel and Taam enough enough ... (I know, that's not the anglised but the original spelling [which would be Chuzpe , too.]
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 11:59 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

You're right, Foofie. Germany providing humanitarian aid to a civilian population that suffers under a blockade put in place by Israel is certainly an interesting situation.

You know what else you might find similarly "humorous"? The fact that thousands of Israelis are moving back to Germany, partly in order to escape the constant threat of violence in the Middle East.

And maybe also the recent news that the Mossad obtained a German passport - through a special provision in German law, which makes the naturalization process easy for descendants of refugees from the Nazi regime - to use it in the murder of a Hamas official in Dubai.
Foofie

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 07:13 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

Foofie wrote:

You're right, Foofie. Germany providing humanitarian aid to a civilian population that suffers under a blockade put in place by Israel is certainly an interesting situation.

You know what else you might find similarly "humorous"? The fact that thousands of Israelis are moving back to Germany, partly in order to escape the constant threat of violence in the Middle East.

And maybe also the recent news that the Mossad obtained a German passport - through a special provision in German law, which makes the naturalization process easy for descendants of refugees from the Nazi regime - to use it in the murder of a Hamas official in Dubai.

My point metaphorically is that Germany cannot seem to stop waltzing with Jews? Talk about Karma.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 02:03 am
Israel is proud to present: The aggressor-victim

Quote:
[...] We've always loved victimization, not only when we were real victims, as often was the case in our history, but also when we were the aggressors, occupiers and abusers. And we don't only cast ourselves as victims, but as the only victims. But observe our perception of our wrongdoing. It started with denial, then changed to suppression, then to shamelessness, then to dehumanization and demonization, until we arrived at the current stage: A pride parade.
[...]
Do we really want to be proud of the soldiers ordering children to risk their lives, in violation of the law? Is this how we want the army to behave? Will Israeli public opinion never accept that war has rules and that if Israeli soldiers break them, they must be punished? True, they may have been carrying out orders, they may have been jaded and exhausted after three weeks of the assault on Gaza, as the court has heard. But casting them as victims testifies to the chaos overtaking Israel. [...]
Foofie

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 03:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
You resurrected a thread from June 22. Cute, in my opinion.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 03:19 pm
@Foofie,
And when you think that it started 15 Jul, 2006 - that's even more cute, isn't it? (I hope that thus I'm the N°1 in your cute-boy-of-the-year-list!)
Foofie

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 03:34 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

And when you think that it started 15 Jul, 2006 - that's even more cute, isn't it? (I hope that thus I'm the N°1 in your cute-boy-of-the-year-list!)

"Boy"? I thought you were a mature Prussian?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 04:20 pm
@Foofie,
"Mature" depends on who is judging me.

But I'm definitely no Prussian, neither by nationality nor by my ethnic background (or 'race', if you prefer this). And by religion neither, too.
ican711nm

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 04:46 pm
WHO REALLY OWNS LAND IN PALESTINE?
Here's an abbreviated chronology of the land now called Palestine (all years are approximate). The Encyclopedia Britannica, “Palestine,” is the source.[/I][/b]

Quote:
7800 BC:First building structures.
7000 BC:First Jerico fortifications.
2000 BC:First Canaanite Culture.
1400 BC:Eqypt conquers Palestine

1300 BC:First Israelite Culture.

1100 BC:First Philistine Culture (Philistra, evolved to the name Palestine).

Jews start ruling part of Palestine

1000 BC:Saul King of Israel (all Palestine except Philistra and Phoenicia).
950 BC:Solomon King of Israel.
721 BC:Israel Destroyed, but Judaea Continued.
516 BC:2nd Temple in Judaea.
333 BC:The Greek, Alexander the Great Conquers Palestine.

Jews stop ruling part of Palestine.

161 BC:Maccabaen Maximum Expansion of Judaea to All Palestine Plus.

Jews start ruling Palestine.

135 BC:Maccabaen Maximum Expansion Ends.
40 BC:The Roman, Herod Conquers Palestine.
73 AD:Fall of Jerusalem and all resistance ceases.

638 AD:Arabs take Jerusalem.

Arabs start ruling part of Palestine.

1099 AD:Crusaders take Palestine.

Arabs stop ruling part of Palestine.

1187 AD:Saladin Takes Palestine.
1229 AD:Saladin/Crusader Treaty.
1244 AD:Turks Take Palestine.
1516 AD:Ottoman Empire Begins Governing Palestine.
1831 AD:Egypt Conquers Palestine.
1841 AD:Ottoman Empire Again Conquers Palestine.
1915 AD:British Ambassador to Egypt Promises Palestine to Arabs.
1917 AD:British Foreign Minister Balfour Promises Palestine to Zionists.
1918 AD:Ottoman Empire Ends Control of Palestine.
1918 AD:British Protectorate of Palestine Begins.
1920 AD:5 Jews killed 200 wounded in anti-zionist riots in Palestine.
1921 AD:46 Jews killed 146 wounded in anti-zionist riots in Palestine.
1929 AD:133 Jews killed 339 wounded
1929 AD:116 Arabs killed 232 wounded.
1936,38,39 AD:329 Jews killed 857 wounded
1936,38,39 AD:3,112 Arabs killed 1,775 wounded
1936,38,39 AD:135 Brits killed 386 wounded.
1936,38,39 AD:110 Arabs hanged 5,679 jailed.
1944 AD:Jews murdered Lord Moyne.
1947 AD:UN resolution partitions Palestine into a Jewish and an Arab State.
1948 AD:Civil war breaks out between Jews and Arabs.
1948 AD:State of Israel conquers part of Palestine.

Jews start ruling part of Palestine; and, Arabs start ruling part of Palestine.

1967 AD Israel's neighbors collect their armed forces on Israel's borders, and Israel attacks them first and stops the expected invasion before it starts.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 05:04 pm
@ican711nm,
Why do you start only at 7800BC and not mention the Mesolithic culture of Palestine (Natufian, 9000BC) or the even earlier cultures of the Paleolithic Period

Just wondering. Because your source has long reports about that.
And why don't you mention that the largest parts of Palestine were vassals of Egyptian and Assyrian rulers? At least, Britannica does so ...

And so on ...

I think it's dishonest that you claim that Britannica is the source of your writing. You may have got some dates from there, true, but left out a lot.
Foofie

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 10:41 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

"Mature" depends on who is judging me.

But I'm definitely no Prussian, neither by nationality nor by my ethnic background (or 'race', if you prefer this). And by religion neither, too.

Then I might be able to march better than you, based on my own military service's basic training.
Foofie

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 10:43 am
@ican711nm,
All's well that ends well.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 10:50 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Why do you start only at 7800BC and not mention the Mesolithic culture of Palestine (Natufian, 9000BC) or the even earlier cultures of the Paleolithic Period

Just wondering. Because your source has long reports about that.
And why don't you mention that the largest parts of Palestine were vassals of Egyptian and Assyrian rulers? At least, Britannica does so ...

And so on ...

I think it's dishonest that you claim that Britannica is the source of your writing. You may have got some dates from there, true, but left out a lot.

Well, in German schools is anyone taught that after the Romans destroyed the Second Temple in the first century AD, Jews scattered as far as Germany, and settled on some riverbank called (supposedly) the Ashkenazi. They lived quite peaceably amongst the supposed barbarians. I would guess there was even some cross cultural communication. No one will ever know why the Germanic tribes became so large that they could be a veritable human wave across the Roman border a few hundred years later. Did someone explain to wash one's hands with boiled water before birthing a baby in the first century AD? So much is lost to the mist of time, so we just talk about who ruled what. That could be nothing more than a footnote to what really was the driving force behind history.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 10:59 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Then I might be able to march better than you, based on my own military service's basic training.

Most certainly. I had only to do minimal marching in the navy, just a teeny bit in the first three months.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:00 am
@Foofie,
So you're ican, Foofie?!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:07 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Well, in German schools is anyone taught that after the Romans destroyed the Second Temple in the first century AD, Jews scattered as far as Germany, and settled on some riverbank called (supposedly) the Ashkenazi. ...

No. The oldest known Jewish community was in (Roman) Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium (aka Clogne), dating back to 321.
Foofie wrote:
I would guess there was even some cross cultural communication.

Certainly - the Jews adopted a lot of German - that 'language' is commonly called "Judäo-Deutsch" ('Jewish-German'), written in Hebrew letters.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 12:17 pm
161 BC:Maccabaen Maximum Expansion of Judaea to All Palestine Plus.

Jews start ruling Palestine.

135 BC:Maccabaen Maximum Expansion Ends.
40 BC:The Roman, Herod Conquers Palestine.
73 AD:Fall of Jerusalem and all resistance ceases.

638 AD:Arabs take Jerusalem.

1099 AD:Crusaders take Palestine.

Arabs stop ruling part of Palestine.

1841 AD:Ottoman Empire Again Conquers Palestine.
1915 AD:British Ambassador to Egypt Promises Palestine to Arabs.
1917 AD:British Foreign Minister Balfour Promises Palestine to Zionists.
1918 AD:Ottoman Empire Ends Control of Palestine.
1918 AD:British Protectorate of Palestine Begins.
1920 AD:5 Jews killed 200 wounded in anti-zionist riots in Palestine.
1921 AD:46 Jews killed 146 wounded in anti-zionist riots in Palestine.
1929 AD:133 Jews killed 339 wounded
1929 AD:116 Arabs killed 232 wounded.
1936,38,39 AD:329 Jews killed 857 wounded
1936,38,39 AD:3,112 Arabs killed 1,775 wounded
1936,38,39 AD:135 Brits killed 386 wounded.
1936,38,39 AD:110 Arabs hanged 5,679 jailed.
1944 AD:Jews murdered Lord Moyne.
1947 AD:UN resolution partitions Palestine into a Jewish and an Arab State.
1948 AD:Civil war breaks out between Jews and Arabs.
1948 AD:State of Israel conquers part of Palestine.

Jews start ruling part of Palestine.

1967 AD Israel's neighbors collect their armed forces on Israel's borders, and Israel attacks them first and stops the expected invasion before it starts.