ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

BernardR

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 03:03 pm
Israeli Soldiers kidnapped from Lebanese Territory?????

NOT ACCORDING TO THE REPORT BELOW!!!!!!!

2 Israeli Soldiers Captured by Hezbollah

Jul 12, 11:56 AM (ET)

By JOSEPH PANOSSIAN

(AP) An Israeli mobile artillery piece fires towards southern Lebanon near the Israeli army post of...

BEIRUT, Lebanon (AP) - Hezbollah militants crossed into Israel on Wednesday and captured two Israeli soldiers. Israel responded in southern Lebanon with warplanes, tanks and gunboats, and said seven of its soldiers had been killed in the violence.

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert called the soldiers' capture "an act of war," and his Cabinet prepared to approve more military action in Lebanon - a second front in the fight against Islamic militants by Israel, which already is waging an operation to free a captured soldier in the Gaza Strip.

The Israeli army said three soldiers were killed in the initial raid, and four others were killed when their tank went over a land mine in southern Lebanon.

Olmert said he held the Lebanese government responsible for the two soldiers' safety, vowing that the Israeli response "will be restrained, but very, very, very painful"
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 03:11 pm
Mr BernardR, i've posted 100's credible sources to back my claim, and you've just pulled one out of your a$$.

Even Yahoo Answers : http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060725194939AAuDMSJ

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/carte-finul.gif

ISRAELI SOLDIERS
WERE CAPTURED IN LEBANON

MORE
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 03:21 pm
I assure you, sir, my report was not in my rectum. See

apnews. excite.com/article/20060712/

Now, please do not become too excited.You know, of course,that reams of material will be published on this matter in the future. What we must do, sir, is to go to the most credible sources and to the most credible evidence which will, I am sure, be published in detail, to ascertain what the truth really is.

The presence of contrary evidence thus far makes it impossible to come to an incontrivertible conclusion. I choose to believe the AP report.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 03:26 pm
BernardR wrote:
I assure you, sir, my report was not in my rectum. See
Yes Possum we can all see that with your head there it would be impossible to find enough space for a report on any type.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 03:27 pm
Do you have a link or documentation for that, Dyslexia?
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 03:34 pm
BernardR

Quote:
I choose to believe the AP report.

Most of my sources are http://images.forbes.com/media/partners/ap/ap.gif

Quote:
The militant group Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes Wednesday across the border in southern Lebanon, prompting a swift reaction from Israel, which sent ground forces into its neighbor to look for them. The forces were trying to keep the soldiers' captors from moving them deeper into Lebanon, Israeli government officials said on condition of anonymity. [Forbes7/12/06]

Whats your excuse now ?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 03:41 pm
These all appear to be posted from the same pro-Hezbollah sources however. I have posted several links previously that contradict F4F's links on this subject. The reports from UPI, AP, CNN, Fox, WSJ, MSNBC etc. etc. etc. all concur that the Hezbollah raiders came into Israeli territory, killed several soldiers, and captured two. At the same time they fired the initial rocket launch into Israel.

The Hezbollah leader admits to this sequence of events and said they did it to effect a prisoner exchange.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 03:49 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
The reports from UPI, AP, CNN, Fox, WSJ, MSNBC etc. etc. etc. all concur that the Hezbollah raiders came into Israeli territory, killed several soldiers, and captured two.

You mean, the reports from the "MainStream Media"? Those guys that want to manipulate "world opinion" into hating Israel?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 03:50 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Hezbollah's original raid on the Israeli patrol and rocket attack was probably for the reason they've admitted: to effect a prisoner exchange.

When it didn't work, and Israel responded militarily, the agenda then changed. Hezbollah knows full well it is no match for Israel militarily. So now they are fighting a propaganda war with the MSM as their willing accomplices. They don't have to win militarily. They only have to win in the court of world opinion. They just have to survive. Israel is forced to win to keep from losing.

That might be partly right. But let's not forget that it was Israel's choice to react in that way. Or would you argue that Israel's very existence was threatened by the Hezbollah operation where two Israeli soldiers were captured? I don't think so. Israel got into that messy situation by bombing residential neighborhoods as well as a clearly marked UN post, by killing UN peacekeepers and hundreds of Lebanese civilians. You may argue that this is not Israel's fault at all, and that Hezbollah alone should be blamed for what is happening. In the light of current events,

Even if you'd leave Qana aside, how do you justify Israel's attack on the very fabric of Lebanese society? Statements like the one from Israel's chief of staff, when he promised to "turn back the clock in Lebanon by 20 years", are probably not particularly helpful.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 03:56 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These all appear to be posted from the same pro-Hezbollah sources however. I have posted several links previously that contradict F4F's links on this subject. The reports from UPI, AP, CNN, Fox, WSJ, MSNBC etc. etc. etc. all concur that the Hezbollah raiders came into Israeli territory, killed several soldiers, and captured two. At the same time they fired the initial rocket launch into Israel.

The Hezbollah leader admits to this sequence of events and said they did it to effect a prisoner exchange.

Thank you, foxfyre for your dedication to the truth in this controversy.

You will note that Old Europe denigrates your sources as Mainstream.

Old Europe would have, I am sure, referred to Pravda for the truth( no put intended)just before the Berlin Wall came down.

I don't know what "sources" Old Europe would use? Isvestia?

The Daily Teheran? The Pynonyang Press?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 03:58 pm
As usual, you have not been following the discussion, Bernie.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 04:04 pm
old europe wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Hezbollah's original raid on the Israeli patrol and rocket attack was probably for the reason they've admitted: to effect a prisoner exchange.

When it didn't work, and Israel responded militarily, the agenda then changed. Hezbollah knows full well it is no match for Israel militarily. So now they are fighting a propaganda war with the MSM as their willing accomplices. They don't have to win militarily. They only have to win in the court of world opinion. They just have to survive. Israel is forced to win to keep from losing.

That might be partly right. But let's not forget that it was Israel's choice to react in that way. Or would you argue that Israel's very existence was threatened by the Hezbollah operation where two Israeli soldiers were captured? I don't think so. Israel got into that messy situation by bombing residential neighborhoods as well as a clearly marked UN post, by killing UN peacekeepers and hundreds of Lebanese civilians. You may argue that this is not Israel's fault at all, and that Hezbollah alone should be blamed for what is happening. In the light of current events,

Even if you'd leave Qana aside, how do you justify Israel's attack on the very fabric of Lebanese society? Statements like the one from Israel's chief of staff, when he promised to "turn back the clock in Lebanon by 20 years", are probably not particularly helpful.

If Hezbollah had not fired rockets from residential neighborhoods, I do not believe Israel would have attacked residential neighborhoods. This is the one simple fact that nobody on your side of the argument seems to wish to acknowledge. Israel has to go after the rocket launchers where they believe the launchers are; they have to stop what they believe are the supply lines to the launchers, or they have no legitimate targets at all.

If you are Israel and 100 or more rockets are being fired indiscriminately into your residential neighborhoods every day, what do you do?

The fact that casualties in Lebanon number in the 100s and not the 1000s testifies that Israel is being as careful as it can to target what it believes to be military targets only.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 04:07 pm
BernardR wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, foxfyre for your dedication to the truth in this controversy.

You will note that Old Europe denigrates your sources as Mainstream.

Old Europe would have, I am sure, referred to Pravda for the truth( no put intended)just before the Berlin Wall came down.

I don't know what "sources" Old Europe would use? Isvestia?

The Daily Teheran? The Pynonyang Press?

Bernard, OE not only did not denigrate my sources, he did not challenge them at all. OE is one of several members with whom I can cordially disagree and butt heads occasionally, but his arguments are always well thought out, well presented, and invariably make me think.

I think reasonable people can discuss opposing views with the personal insults, either covert or overt. I don't think a condescending or personally critical tone is really helpful here.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 04:08 pm
I have been following the discussion closely enough to notice the unproven and unsupported charge about the Mainstream media, Old Europe. I notice that you were unable to answer my question regarding the sources that YOU think information should come from.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 04:09 pm
I agree, foxfyre. Have you spoken to Frank Apisa about that lately?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 04:09 pm
old europe wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
The reports from UPI, AP, CNN, Fox, WSJ, MSNBC etc. etc. etc. all concur that the Hezbollah raiders came into Israeli territory, killed several soldiers, and captured two.

You mean, the reports from the "MainStream Media"? Those guys that want to manipulate "world opinion" into hating Israel?

well they do. But they did agree with the Hezbollah leader about where the kidnapping took place.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 04:11 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
If Hezbollah had not fired rockets from residential neighborhoods, I do not believe Israel would have attacked residential neighborhoods. This is the one simple fact that nobody on your side of the argument seems to wish to acknowledge. Israel has to go after the rocket launchers where they believe the launchers are; they have to stop what they believe are the supply lines to the launchers, or they have no legitimate targets at all.

If you are Israel and 100 or more rockets are being fired indiscriminately into your residential neighborhoods every day, what do you do?

The fact that casualties in Lebanon number in the 100s and not the 1000s testifies that Israel is being as careful as it can to target what it believes to be military targets only.

It's a fact that all parties of the conflict resort to disinformation and historical falsification to bolster their case, but your attempt to rewrite history after a mere couple of days after the events is quite astonishing.

Israel launched its offensive on Lebanon, targetting residential neighborhoods, as a reaction to the kidnapping of two soldiers. Hezbollah reacted by firing rockets on Haifa.

Are you claiming that the rocket attacks preceded Israel's decision to escalate the fighting?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 04:16 pm
old europe wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

It's a fact that all parties of the conflict resort to disinformation and historical falsification to bolster their case, but your attempt to rewrite history after a mere couple of days after the events is quite astonishing.

Israel launched its offensive on Lebanon, targetting residential neighborhoods, as a reaction to the kidnapping of two soldiers. Hezbollah reacted by firing rockets on Haifa.

Are you claiming that the rocket attacks preceded Israel's decision to escalate the fighting?

The links from several sources posted yesterday did in fact say that "at the same time" as the kidnapping took place, Hezbollah fired the first volley of rockets into Israel. We can go back several pages here and find them I'm sure. I am not 'rewriting' anything. I am reporting what I read in the most reliable media sources out there.

I don't object to WHAT the media reports. I object to HOW they report it. I object to their lack of objectivity when they clearly write their news reports to cast the worst possible light on one side and pretty much give a free pass to the other.

And correcting a line from my recent previous post
Quote:
I think reasonable people can discuss opposing views with the personal insults, either covert or overt.

This line should read "I think reasonable people can discuss opposing views WITHOUT the personal insults, either covert or overt."
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 04:20 pm
Old Europe wrote:

end of quote

You neglected to mention, Old Europe, that all of the misinformation comes from Mainstream sources and NONE of the truth from other sources is publicized widely.

May I suggest reference to THE NATION MAGAZINE, formerly known as Pravda West?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 04:27 pm
Hezbollah fires record rocket barrage

Quote:
0 Replies