ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

mysteryman

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:43 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I didnt say you could.

But you dont build using only cement, it isnt strong enough.

Thats what I said, nothing more.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:46 pm
@mysteryman,
Ok. So you get the point then that the Palestinians in Gaza don't have cement and therefore have to go to extraordinary measures to rebuild -- which was the topic. I don't believe anyone said that they should build using only cement.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:46 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
Then you should know that cement and concrete are two different things, and the terms are not interchangeable.

Well actually, they are used interchangeably in some situations, MM.
mysteryman

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:47 pm
@JTT,
I know they are, but that doesnt make it correct.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:50 pm
Way to derail the conversation with useless **** about concrete that doesn't matter one bit - which you knew before even beginning...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:54 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
I know they are, but that doesnt make it correct.

Well actually, it does make it correct, MM.

A well known fact about language is that words can have multiple meanings and what's important to this particular discussion, usages.
Advocate

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:55 pm
You Jew haters love to lie about Israel. Bush increased the aid to the country to $2.36 B per year. Moreover, the payments are probably the best investments the USA can make.
mysteryman

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:56 pm
@JTT,
But when discussing building materials, it is important to be specific.
Not being specific can cause serious problems when building something, it can cause accidents, it can cause structural failures, or any number of other things.
JTT

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:58 pm
@mysteryman,
Two engineers, you were not.

Quote:
... or any number of other things.

Like plagues of locusts?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:59 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

You Jew haters love to lie about Israel. Bush increased the aid to the country to $2.36 B per year. Moreover, the payments are probably the best investments the USA can make.

Bullshit. And I'm not a 'jew-hater,' so I'll thank you to not refer to me in that fashion in the future.

You are counting direct aid, but not military aid in the form of free equipment we give them. Why don't you count that as well?

Cycloptichorn
JTT

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:59 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
You Jew haters love to lie about Israel.

You know, Advocate, I'm wondering just who you could possibly be talking about.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 04:10 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate, When you must resort to ad hominems rather than addressing the issues being discussed, you do know you have already lost.

Calling all of us "Jew haters" doesn't even come close to the truth; what we have been addressing are the unlawful take-over of Palestinians lands, and the unequal treatment by restricting their free movement around the country by the fences, check points, and armed guards. It also denies the Palestinians free access to consumer goods and services.

It doesn't matter who the tyrants are; it's a matter of human dignity, equal treatments under the laws, to practice capitalism to its fullest, and to travel freely in one's own country.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 06:09 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

It's been a long time since anyone reminded Israel that it is our boot on their throat; that is to say, if they want to keep receiving more than 6 billion in aid every year, and living under our umbrella of protection, they'd ******* better do what we say. Because that's how things work, not the other way around.

Cycloptichorn

Your tirade should be directed to any potential enemies of the U.S., not our allies. Your mentioning the six billion (what goes to Egypt?) makes me believe you like to get your money's worth when giving aid (that may just come back to our defense industry anyway).

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 06:14 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Yes, as well as you can't make (modern) concrete without cement - nor mortar.

Perhaps, this discussion on cement and mortar and mud bricks can segue into the thread around Passover. Just include the Hebrews in bondage in Egypt making bricks.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 06:18 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Advocate wrote:

Bullshit. And I'm not a 'jew-hater,' so I'll thank you to not refer to me in that fashion in the future.

You are counting direct aid, but not military aid in the form of free equipment we give them. Why don't you count that as well?

Cycloptichorn

O.K., not a Jew hater; however, can we envision you with any Jewish friends that are not left-leaning idealogues? Can you accept, in effect, that many Jewish Americans are pro-Israel, and that does not make them bad people? Or, does it in your mind?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 06:25 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Advocate wrote:

Cycloptichorn

O.K., not a Jew hater; however, can we envision you with any Jewish friends that are not left-leaning idealogues? Can you accept, in effect, that many Jewish Americans are pro-Israel, and that does not make them bad people? Or, does it in your mind?

It doesn't make them bad people any more than anyone else, and I never said that it did.

I don't have any Jewish friends who are right-wing, you are correct; but they are pretty rare here in America. You can take a look at the number of elected right-wing Jews vs. left-wing here in the States if you want proof of that.

Pro-Israel doesn't mean 'pro-Israel acting like an asshole.' You can be for Israel without supporting the reactionary right-wingers who dominate their politics.

Cycloptichorn
Foofie

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 07:13 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I don't have any Jewish friends who are right-wing, you are correct; but they are pretty rare here in America. You can take a look at the number of elected right-wing Jews vs. left-wing here in the States if you want proof of that.

Pro-Israel doesn't mean 'pro-Israel acting like an asshole.' You can be for Israel without supporting the reactionary right-wingers who dominate their politics.

Cycloptichorn

On the east coast where Jews are quite outspoken supporters for Israel's position, you might decide that the Jewish politicians, that get elected, often are getting voted in by many non-Jewish voters that like their liberal politics.

I believe you are getting a skewed vision of the U.S., from your vantage point in Berkeley.

Your definition of what correct support for Israel should be seems to be pre-supposing that your position is objectively correct. It is just your subjective position. Calling names will not make your position correct. Calling names will not make the rest of the country that is pro-Israel's position agree with your position. Berkeley was a hot bed of anti-Israel sentiment, I heard, as far back as the late 1960's.

Perhaps, you should Google the Salute to Israel parade that is in NYC every year. Many Jewish tri-state residents send their children to Hebrew Day Schools, rather than public schools. These schools converge on Fifth Ave. for this annual parade. You might be amazed how overtly Jewish Jews are in the tri-state area.

But, please stay on the west coast.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 07:29 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

On the east coast where Jews are quite outspoken supporters for Israel's position, you might decide that the Jewish politicians, that get elected, often are getting voted in by many non-Jewish voters that like their liberal politics.

I believe you are getting a skewed vision of the U.S., from your vantage point in Berkeley.

Your definition of what correct support for Israel should be seems to be pre-supposing that your position is objectively correct. It is just your subjective position. Calling names will not make your position correct. Calling names will not make the rest of the country that is pro-Israel's position agree with your position. Berkeley was a hot bed of anti-Israel sentiment, I heard, as far back as the late 1960's.

Perhaps, you should Google the Salute to Israel parade that is in NYC every year. Many Jewish tri-state residents send their children to Hebrew Day Schools, rather than public schools. These schools converge on Fifth Ave. for this annual parade. You might be amazed how overtly Jewish Jews are in the tri-state area.

But, please stay on the west coast.

Why would I care about a pro-Israel parade? As I said, you can be for a country in general while disapproving of its' actions. So membership in such an event is not evidence of a certain political position, just as attending a 4th of July celebration is not evidence of a political position.

Let me ask, why do you think it is relevant that I live in Berkeley? In any way? Am I somehow not in America, or is the information that comes over the internet different? Do you pretend I have never lived anywhere else, and know nothing of the East coast or other parts of America? The truth is that you know none of these things, yet it clearly is a factor in your response to me.

I stand by my claim that Israel acts like an ass, a lot of the time, because it is full of reactionaries who can't figure out how to make peace, and have given up trying.

Cycloptichorn
Wilso

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 07:43 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I stand by my claim that Israel acts like an ass, a lot of the time, because it is full of reactionaries who can't figure out how to make peace, and have given up trying.

Cycloptichorn

I heard a radio interview last week with an Israeli who had moved "illegally" into the west bank. He stated quite unequivocally, that this land "was promised to us by God", and that was his justification.
The jews blame everyone else for their problems, arrogantly believe that they, and they alone are the chosen people. Want to take over their corner of the world, which in reality had always belonged to the arabs, and are willing to murder anyone who stands in their way.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 09:32 pm
My comment was motivated by the outright lie that we send $6 B annually to Israel, and the many, many, other lies, distortions, and one-sided attacks on Israel. The Pals have always aimed their attacks at innocent civilians, and I see nary a word of criticism of this on this thread from the likes of eBrown, CI, Cyclo, et al. Despite the constant Pal attacks on Israel, Israel has killed only a tiny number of Pals and has never targeted civilians. Israel was receptive to a Pal state, but the Pals have never offered terms for this, or even published a map showing the existence of Israel. Israel is a democracy and a great ally of the USA. The Pals would rather oppress their women, Christians, and other infidels.