ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

JTT

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 12:29 pm
@Foxfyre,
You must have discovered nutcase.com, and felt right at home.
McTag

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 01:08 pm
@JTT,

That's right. He showed the sole of his shoe only to the photographer....of whom he probably wasn't even aware.
And he was probably ordering a pizza.

Boy, are these dudes twitchy.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 01:15 pm
@JTT,

Pres Obama tells them to clear out of the West Bank, and they kick up a shitstorm with anything they've got?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 01:21 pm
@Advocate,

Aid to Palestine? In Gaza they can't get cement, so they try to build with mud.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jun/09/gaza-rebuilding-after-war
mysteryman

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 01:27 pm
@McTag,
Building with cement is no different then building with mud.
Without adding rock or some other aggregate material, cement is very weak and brittle, and not much good as a building material.

You need to build with concrete for it to be of any good or for it to last any length of time.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 01:32 pm
@mysteryman,
If the Hamas leadership was not ripping off the food and other relief supplies intended for their people, they probably would have better building materials too.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 01:37 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:

Israel's Channel One TV reported that Netanyahu was told Tuesday by an "American official" in Jerusalem that, "We are going to change the world. Please, don't interfere." The report said Netanyahu's aides interpreted this as a "threat."

Good; it was a threat. They should feel threatened. And why not?

It's been a long time since anyone reminded Israel that it is our boot on their throat; that is to say, if they want to keep receiving more than 6 billion in aid every year, and living under our umbrella of protection, they'd ******* better do what we say. Because that's how things work, not the other way around.

Cycloptichorn
mysteryman

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 01:41 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
So now, since its a dem in power, you support the US making threats against other countries?

Would you laso support the US using force against Israel to back up those threats?
Advocate

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 02:06 pm
@McTag,
After the Pals shot over 3,000 missiles at Israel, can't you understand Israel's lack of affection.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 02:07 pm
@mysteryman,
Thanks! I knew your expertise would finally come in handy.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 02:11 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Building with cement is no different then building with mud.
Without adding rock or some other aggregate material, cement is very weak and brittle, and not much good as a building material.

Have you ever put one brick on the other using concrete? Or seen a house where has been done?
And how do you make concrete without cement?

Even the Romans knew better how to built with "opus caementitium".
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 02:26 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

So now, since its a dem in power, you support the US making threats against other countries?

Would you laso support the US using force against Israel to back up those threats?

Only economically, but then, I have long maintained that we should have cut off aid to them years ago, for a variety of reasons having nothing to do with Settlements.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

It's been a long time since anyone reminded Israel that it is our boot on their throat; that is to say, if they want to keep receiving more than 6 billion in aid every year, and living under our umbrella of protection, they'd ******* better do what we say. Because that's how things work, not the other way around.

Cycloptichorn

This is reminiscent of the rhetorical style favored by odd facist types like Musssolini, who were so given to threats and "manly" posturing. Perhaps a few Freudian slips here?

It seems to me that the Israelis will and should make their decisions for themselves - just as should we,
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:02 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

This is reminiscent of the rhetorical style favored by odd facist types like Musssolini, who were so given to threats and "manly" posturing. Perhaps a few Freudian slips here?

It seems to me that the Israelis will and should make their decisions for themselves - just as should we,

You are of course free to make whatever comparisons you like; but I'm quite sure you realize that threatening to cut off military and financial aid to a troublesome dependent country is hardly similar to threatening to invade other sovereign countries. Wouldn't you agree?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:16 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Have you ever put one brick on the other using concrete?

Actually, when bricks are used to build a house, they use mortar as the binding agent between bricks, not cement or concrete.
Mortar is mostly sand and water, with some cement used as a binding agent.
Cement is not used on its own because the cement is to brittle to use.

Quote:
And how do you make concrete without cement?

You cant, but you still dont use strictly cement to build.
Concrete is a mixture of cement, flyash, water, sand, aggregate, and chemicals.

Concrete is harder, stronger, more durable, and has more flexability then straight cement.

And yes, the ancient Romans used a form of concrete, but we still arent sure how it was made.
Yes, we know what the ingredients are, but science still hasnt figured out why it is still holding the Pantheon together.

Yes, there are some good theories, but those theories deal mostly with molecular composition and chemical reaction...

http://www.romanconcrete.com/docs/spillway/spillway.htm

Where the ancient Roman mixture has been used today, it has proven to be stronger and more reliable then modern concrete.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:29 pm
As a follow up to the 'exposed soles of the President's shoes incident', you really do have to sympathise over the things the President can't control but makes it into the news in really bad ways just the same.

There is this from the Reverend Jeremiah Wright--I probably don't have to identify him yes?:

Quote:
Asked if he had spoken to the president, Wright said: "Them Jews aren't going to let him talk to me. I told my baby daughter, that he'll talk to me in five years when he's a lame duck, or in eight years when he's out of office. ...

"They will not let him to talk to somebody who calls a spade what it is. ... I said from the beginning: He's a politician; I'm a pastor. He's got to do what politicians do."
http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-local_wright_0610jun10,0,7603283.story

So now he has to hope a) nobody sees the news clips; b) he is in the unhappy position of having to again discredit what Rev. Wright says, or c) he does nothing and the Jews are further insulted by the implication coupled with his silence.

I wouldn't want his job for all the marbles.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:29 pm
@mysteryman,
Be sure that I do know a bit about cement [born and lived in the town of some of oldest cement works in continental Europe, worked there] and the Roman concrete [wrote a paper at university about it], mm.
mysteryman

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Then you should know that cement and concrete are two different things, and the terms are not interchangeable.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:40 pm
@mysteryman,
Yes, as well as you can't make (modern) concrete without cement - nor mortar.
rabel22

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:40 pm
So the Isralie appoligists are telling those of us who pay the six billion that goes to Israel to just pay up and shut up because the money we give them dosent give us the right to suggest that stealing Palistianian land and killing pols. with thier american supplied weapons is wrong and that they need to stop or forgo thier 6 billion a year. How this this a military threat to Israel?
0 Replies