ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 01:09 pm
@ican711nm,
ican, Do you blame yourself for all the crimes committed here in our country? Why not?
Advocate

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 01:50 pm
Hamas leader: Shalit talks 'in a coma'

Published: 04.03.09, 13:23 / Israel News

Senior Hamas member Osama Al-Mazini, who is in charge of the Gilad Shalit affair on behalf of the Islamist group, said that the negotiations aimed at securing the kidnapped soldier's release are "in a coma."

According to al-Mazini, the talks will remain deadlocked until they are resumed by the new Israeli government. (Ynet)

This is probably just as well. Should Israel give up a lot in this Hamas extortion, Hamas would then proceed to take replacement hostages.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 02:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Do you blame yourself for all the crimes committed here in our country? Why not?
I would if I weren't holding accountable my local, state, and federal governments to combat crime. In particular, if there were pukes (i.e., people) in the USA firing rockets at one of our neighboring countries, and if our governments were doing nothing to stop, capture, indict, and convict such people, I would not merely be appalled. I would be doing everything I could to correct that situation. At last resort, if necessary, I and a few of the fellow citizens I know would form a vigilante group and risk our lives destroying those pukes ourselves.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 03:25 pm
@ican711nm,
Can I come? I haven't had much target practice lately, but I used to be a fair shot.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 03:31 pm
@Foxfyre,
If your shooting is anything like your rhetoric on a2k, why don't you take Cheney with you?
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 03:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No, sadly it isn't CI. It isn't nearly so bad or so subject to criticism. But thank you for taking your time to be kind and generous in your assessment. You really are a special human being and it is a privilege to know you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 04:03 pm
@Foxfyre,
I can say the same about you; it would be boring without the likes of you, okie and ican.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 04:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well I certainly hope more of your side of the aisle will take their cue from you CI and learn from you how to be on topic and honest and non judgmental and generously kind. You have demonstrated true leadership and all the qualities that a gentleman should have.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 04:30 pm
@Foxfyre,
Unlike you, I don't speak for all MALs, because there is no such animal. All opinions expressed are solely my own, and I live with the simple fact that what government does is totally out of my control.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 04:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well just keep on being you CI. I didn't realize that I spoke for any MALs but I'll certainly take that under advisement and cease and desist immediately. I was only hoping that more would follow your example.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 12:42 am
@ican711nm,
Quote:
and if our governments were doing nothing to stop, capture, indict, and convict such people, I would not merely be appalled. I would be doing everything I could to correct that situation. At last resort, if necessary, I and a few of the fellow citizens I know would form a vigilante group and risk our lives destroying those pukes ourselves.

Well, you and the rest of the "Wecan't Group better get started. Y'all have got a big job ahead of you cleaning up all the pukes.

Quote:

Backyard terrorism

The US has been training terrorists at a camp in Georgia for years - and it's still at it

George Monbiot - The Guardian

"If any government sponsors the outlaws and killers of innocents," George Bush announced on the day he began bombing Afghanistan, "they have become outlaws and murderers themselves. And they will take that lonely path at their own peril." I'm glad he said "any government", as there's one which, though it has yet to be identified as a sponsor of terrorism, requires his urgent attention.

For the past 55 years it has been running a terrorist training camp, whose victims massively outnumber the people killed by the attack on New York, the embassy bombings and the other atrocities laid, rightly or wrongly, at al-Qaida's door. The camp is called the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation, or Whisc. It is based in Fort Benning, Georgia, and it is funded by Mr Bush's government.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2001/oct/30/afghanistan.terrorism19

McTag

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 03:29 am
@JTT,

That's the sort of truth which is usually described as uncomfortable, is it not.
ican711nm

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 02:43 pm
@JTT,
~~ ~ !???! ~ ~~
~~~ (O|O) ~~~
....~~ ( O ) ~~....

0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 02:54 pm
I just read where Pakistan has allowed the Pak-Taliban, who control the NW part of the country, to impose Shariah in their area. As you know, Hamas has adopted it for Gaza, and will apply it to the WB should their get control. Under it, girls will not be allowed to go to school and will have to wear chadors that cover 100 % of the head and body. There will be lashings, amputations, and stoning. Should there be a right of return in Israel, I'm sure it would be imposed there.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 06:02 pm
@JTT,
JTT, the article you posted was written 10/30/2001. What evidence do you have that this article has not subsequently been shown to be false?
Quote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2001/oct/30/afghanistan.terrorism19
For the past 55 years it has been running a terrorist training camp, whose victims massively outnumber the people killed by the attack on New York, the embassy bombings and the other atrocities laid, rightly or wrongly, at al-Qaida's door. The camp is called the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation, or Whisc. It is based in Fort Benning, Georgia, and it is funded by Mr Bush's government.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 06:23 pm
@ican711nm,
Quote:
School of the Americas
From SourceWatch
(Redirected from Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation)
Jump to: navigation, search

The U.S. Army School of the Americas (SOA), located in Fort Benning, Georgia, is a military training institution focused on training officers from Latin American countries. Since its creation in 1946, some 60,000 Latin American military officers have graduated from the school. [1]
Contents

Human rights concerns

Many of its graduates have been implicated in serious human rights abuses and manuals used at the school appear to condone if not promote the use of torture. [2] This has resulted in a grassroots human rights campaign to close the SOA, led by the organization SOA Watch. Activists opposed to the SOA often refer to the school as the "School of Assassins" and the "School of Coups." [3]

Abuses SOA graduates have alleged to have committed include "the death or disappearance of 200,000 Guatemalans and innumerable other atrocities... In Colombia 2 million have been displaced and thousands are still reliving the horrors of their torture - not surprising since, with 10,000 graduates from the SOA, Colombia is the school's largest customer and has the worst human rights record on the continent." [4]
[edit]
A new name

In 2000, pressure on Congress to stop funding the SOA increased to the point where the Pentagon decided to rename the school the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation, abbreviated as WHISC or WHINSEC. [5] [6]

SOA protests

Since 1990, activists associated with SOA Watch have held nonviolent protests on the SOA / WHINSEC base and/or just outside its gates. These protests are organized for mid-November, in commemoration of the November 16, 1989 killing of six Jesuit priests, their co-worker and her teenage daughter in El Salvador. According to SOA Watch, "A U.S. Congressional Task Force reported that those responsible [for the El Salvador killings] were trained at the U.S. Army School of the Americas." [7]

In November 2002, some 7,000 demonstrators from all regions of the United States converged for the SOA / WHINSEC protest. [8] Since 2000, the annual demonstrations have drawn 7,000 to 15,000 people.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 07:25 pm
@ican711nm,
Quote:
JTT, the article you posted was written 10/30/2001. What evidence do you have that this article has not subsequently been shown to be false?

What terribly distorted thinking! Precisely what I alluded to in posting,

http://able2know.org/topic/44061-651#post-3619284

Thank you, CI. You're truly an honest gentleman.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 07:32 pm
@ican711nm,
The really sick part, Ican, is that you heap shame upon your country by seeking to protect those criminals who perpetrate these evils upon the innocents of the world.

What you're doing is the product of a sick, sick mind. But you can content yourself with the knowledge that it is an enduring trait of the conservative/Republican mind.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 10:30 am
@JTT,
It's obvious ican has a sick, sick, mind, because all he is able to do is show casualty counts without understanding its causes. He's trying to tell us the numbers are getting "smaller," while ignoring the fact that each life is the issue.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 10:58 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

That's the sort of truth which is usually described as uncomfortable, is it not.

Actually the cited Guardian article was composed of a few readily available facts (the widespread attendance of military officers from latin American countries) and a series of gross distortions and meaningless associations and suggested correlations. This is a rather old canard, but one much loved and often cited by the self-important, hyper-indignant loonies dedicated to the "evil America" hypothesis, such as the juvenile idiot who posted it here - and the apparently similar character who wrote the otherwise insipid piece of "journalism" that is the subject here.

The Guardian article itself was superficial, juvenile and laden with distortions. For example - the United States is indeed aiding the duly elected government of Colombia in its war against the FARC "insurgency" and other narco-terrorists who plague that unfortunate country. This effort is dismissed as "conducting a dirty little war in Colombia" in this rather poorly written bit of "journalism".

In short, McTag, the piece wasn't truth at all, though it was offensive.