Hoping For Some Input....

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:17 pm
Hi Everyone,

I could really use your help. I am working on a newsletter and I need some input. It doesn't have to be much. Even just a sentence or two. I won't attach anyones IDs or name to it unless they want it that way.

I hope it's ok I am asking this. I am not sure if it is so if I'm messing up, moderators, just delete it and let me know if I messed up.

I am really under a deadline here so I need stuff fast!!!!

What Does Freedom Mean To You

Many fine men and women have been stationed overseas, ready to fight for this nation and sacrifice all for you and me. The troops are ready to rise when called upon to any operation , most with very little rest. Here at home ,we walk freely, enjoying the best life has to offer. So support our troops and give them your heartfelt thanks. Let them know that you are grateful for protecting your freedom, your safety and all that America stands for. What does freedom mean to you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 12,707 • Replies: 350
No top replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:33 pm
Freedom means actually an emancipation from the old testament law.

Where the law guided humans once but now the spirit guides us. This is liberty.

Jesus was judged in our stead. So out of gratitude we walk worthily of him.

Once back in history there was not just reading, writing and arithmetic but there was another category. It was LAW and every child was taught the law it was imposed upon all. This has changed! This changed came about the year zero. This was why time began again. Because freedom was achieved by Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:8
Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:39 pm
Bless You RexReed!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:45 pm
It is both the freedom of and from religion that we enjoy . Although the present " DC herd" thinks that our actions must be in service to some benevolent though demanding millenialist deity, I need not fear reprisals for not buying any of it. All the soldiers that ever fought and died, did so that I may safely shoot the bird at the Vicar.

Howsat, kinda sappy and great license taken but the emotion is honest.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:49 pm
Farmerman,

Thank you very much!
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:12 pm
Hi ((((((( Momma Angel ))))))) Good to see you, my friend!

As far as Freedom goes. I have someone I love very much, as a friend, in Iraq right now. I think that we have a tendency to take freedom lightly. It's almost like it's a given. If we would keep within our minds and hold within our hearts, that it is truely a gift, we would experience the fullness of the gratitude that it brings. It's a gift given to us, but paid with a price, by these brave men and women.

A mere "thank you" does not seem nearly enough. Yet, with a humbled heart, I wanna thank all of the troops, past, present, and future, for giving me my freedom.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:24 pm
Hugs right back at you Brooke! Ok, I need to know if you want any name attacked to what you just posted? This is going on my newsletter on my site and I don't want to put anything on there that would upset anyone.

What you wrote is beautiful! If that someone you love needs anything, you get in touch with me and I'll see to it that it's taken care of!

God Bless You Brooke! You ARE an Angel!

P.S. I need to know from everyone if they want their name to appear with what they posted or not.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:29 pm
I agree, but lets not forget that the present adminstration of "flag wrapped sammiches" do not represent the memories of the troops at Cowpens , Kennesaw mountain, Gettysburg, Wake Island, Malmedy, or Baghdad, IMHO. This administration of "lounge hawks" cynically uses the selflessness of our kids to forward their bogus agenda that parades as "christian values", and they still have the cojones to use these kids sacred lives to divide our nation, and we, like the sheep we are, fall ass over ankles to buy in, (although , apparently not as many as once before).

Lets not worry about whether "God blesses them" lets just hope they remain safe.

0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:29 pm
freedom exists between your ears.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:32 pm
For some precognittive thing, I dont feel that youll be wanting to use mine.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:42 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Hugs right back at you Brooke! Ok, I need to know if you want any name attacked to what you just posted? This is going on my newsletter on my site and I don't want to put anything on there that would upset anyone.

What you wrote is beautiful! If that someone you love needs anything, you get in touch with me and I'll see to it that it's taken care of!

God Bless You Brooke! You ARE an Angel!

P.S. I need to know from everyone if they want their name to appear with what they posted or not.

No poblem, Momma ....use my name if you like. Also .... thank you for your kind words and offer of support for my friend!!!!!

God bless you, too!!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:53 pm
Freedom is not having to fear
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:53 pm
Farmerman and Dys,

You two are so precious. I love you both. Laughing

Thanx Brooke!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:57 pm
Kisses to you Nimh!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 09:54 pm
Freedom is having adequate space in one's trousers.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 10:25 pm
Lord Ellpus, YOU are a hoot!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 06:57 am
being "precious" is learned and erned. Its a condition that, separate from armchair patriots, someone's gotta stand up and say "STOP IT, ENOUGH" . You wont sacrifice any more of our kids lives for an ill conceived and dangerous policy without so much "as a hint of exit or gage of success".

I realize that your comment was meant to be condescending.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 07:44 am
Freedom is feeling safe and secure in my person and property.

Freedom is knowing I can say and do what I feel about my government without reprisal, including burning the flag to make a statement.

Freedom is recognized in my right to take a stand against the majority.

Freedom is enjoying my life, family, and friends without forgetting that others have fought for my ability to do so unincumbered.

Many thanks to out current and past soldiers. My heart is with you all.

(and, yes. You're welcome to post that on your site.)
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:30 am
MA you can use my post here I need no mention... give the glory to God. Smile
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:34 am
farmerman wrote:

I realize that your comment was meant to be condescending.

Picked up on that, didja?

God bless you, precious Farmerman!! I'll pray for that ungodly, unAmerican attitude, though!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
0 Replies