0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 04:20 pm
What a pleasant avatar Arella Mae.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 04:23 pm
Mathos,

Thank you so much. I changed my ID and my avatar. Some had a hard time calling me Momma or Angel and I can understand that. And I love cats so thought I'd try this! Hope you are having a great day!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 04:27 pm
RexRed wrote:
Lash wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Lash wrote:
Dys--

You are all about the butt today.

Do you want to talk about your colon?

Not really, I was just thinking about snood calling me a dickhead and I'm really more of an ass that a dickhead.

You are more of a puddin pop.

That's ok, I'm a prick. Laughing

You can't fool me, Rex. You've insulted yourself so you can have make up sex with yourself. <tee>

Very Happy
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 04:32 pm
Lash, you've got me so pegged.

If it doesn't come easy, manipulate... Cool
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 06:18 pm
Where have E and dwolan gone with the important info?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 01:27 am
What I mean by manipulate really is that sometimes I really don't know my own intentions and I am suspect of myself. So after the fact, I wonder if I purposely manipulated events or if I just did what came naturally.

That doesn't mean that I have to intentionally deceptively manipulate but, I could still be manipulating things and be totally oblivious to it.

Or, I am aware of it but in denial, or, I am aware and do not choose to disclose the possibility of my having ulterior motives.

I don't doubt I have motivations so I am probably manipulating my life just as anyone else would if they desired a particular outcome.

I am not manipulating truth, just manipulating events. I am presented with events and I have been expecting these events, so I choose in the way I have been taught, I witness the reaction and measure the effect.

This is how we come to "know" the manifestation of our own spirit. How we manipulate events and demonstrate spiritual power.

We cannot demonstrate God's power if we do not invoke it.
0 Replies

Herema

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 03:09 pm
Re: Hoping For Some Input....
Arella Mae wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I could really use your help. I am working on a newsletter and I need some input. It doesn't have to be much. Even just a sentence or two. I won't attach anyones IDs or name to it unless they want it that way.

I hope it's ok I am asking this. I am not sure if it is so if I'm messing up, moderators, just delete it and let me know if I messed up.

I am really under a deadline here so I need stuff fast!!!!

What Does Freedom Mean To You

Many fine men and women have been stationed overseas, ready to fight for this nation and sacrifice all for you and me. The troops are ready to rise when called upon to any operation , most with very little rest. Here at home ,we walk freely, enjoying the best life has to offer. So support our troops and give them your heartfelt thanks. Let them know that you are grateful for protecting your freedom, your safety and all that America stands for. What does freedom mean to you?

r u still looking for "input"?

I have read many forums from other sites as well....and I must say the variety of straying from topic is absolutely amazing on this one. Very Happy

Freedom is not what it seems anymore beyond attempting to define love in today's world of selfish ambitions. True freedom comes from obedience to laws. Success of any government for any length of time requires the governed to willingly be governed and most often to do so without force. Even in a country where it is claimed to have freedom as their guide-on, it cannot successfully be reality until those that threaten the freedom of others comes under the same laws of decency and honor as those who willingly embrace it. Freedom is not endulging into the notion of free-spirited individuals who embrace anarchy as a way of life. True free-spirits are those who obey the laws and regard other's civil rights joyfully in order to "free" their own lives from worry of the penalties caused by breaking the law. Driving the speed limits of the land causes no duress when sighting a highway patrolman with his blowdryer pointed at them and working for possessions lusted after have a far greater reward than theiving them with the added fear of being caught.

As far as warriors battling for the freedoms above......I never take them for granted. Being a veteran myself, but never being in battle, I will always feel a certain gratefulness towards those who have selflessly fought and died to ward off any who dare to make life unbearable under laws which no human could possibly obey. Laws that are against decency and honor should not be imposed upon any human being.

Freedom is a reward, not a right.

(tnx to the one directing me to this string......even though I may not have responded as expected)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 03:16 pm
Herema,

Laughing I guess one of our freedoms is to veer from topic to topic! Laughing

Thank you so much for posting that. I think it is honest, straightforward, objective and very insightful. Would you like your ID attached with it when I post it on the newsletter?

And thanx to whoever it was that directed you here!
0 Replies

Herema

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 04:30 pm
yeah...I love the freedom to veer from time to time and even change my mind a half dozen times....if I could ever find it, that is.

sure thing, you can use my ID in the newsletter. I have nothing to hide (worthy of denying anyway) Razz
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 12:01 am
Freedom is something that begins within.

We all have "duties"... God, self, spiritual family, earthly family, society and the world .

Yet we have freedom.

PERPENDICULAR/HORIZONTAL

There is the perpendicular and there is the horizontal.

BASIS/BASE

The perpendicular is our "basis" and the horizontal is our "base".

God is our "basis" and represents the perpendicular plane.

YET, our "base" (or base of operations) is the chosen life that we live along the horizontal plane.

It is God's will that we so know God's love along the perpendicular such that we find peace along the horizontal plane.

STANDING/STATE

We have a "standing" with God and a "state" also.

Once we are given the "gift" of holy spirit we continuously "stand" in the family of God as equal members, BUT our "state" may still fluctuate.

We "stand" because of the sprit which is the "basis" as our "state" fluctuates in the horizontal plane because of the mind.

Freedom is relative to how we perceive God in the perpendicular.

If you perceive God as a benevolent God of liberty then you will act upon this "freedom" positively.

If you have a perpendicular perspective of a rigid legalistic tyrant than you will feel and respond constrained.

When we have a perpendicular liberty we have a horizontal liberty.

The holy spirit of is the liberty, grace and mercy of God.

Liberty is within and we manifest it in the five senses realm.

When we view our "standing" as fluctuating (which it does not) that can be a source of misunderstanding and error. Once "born again" you will always "stand" in the family of God. Our "state" requires commitment, faith and action to maintain.

When we reflect the external reality inward we are assuming the inward reality is a reflection of the external. When the external reality is corrupt but the internal reality is perfection.

The realization of the internal perfection is the only way to change the nature of the external corruption.

Once this internal nature is "born" then the internal begins to reflect outwardly by the free will of the believer..

Freedom is the inward spirit shining "outwardly" through faith, hope and charity.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 12:08 am
Squinting at your text, since it sorta repells me (you know my opinions), but looking at it from a grammar point of view, I see whole bunches of quotes. I don't want to investigate enough to see if those quotes are warranted - are they? If so, is there a way you can bundle them?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 12:24 am
ossobuco wrote:
Squinting at your text, since it sorta repells me (you know my opinions), but looking at it from a grammar point of view, I see whole bunches of quotes. I don't want to investigate enough to see if those quotes are warranted - are they? If so, is there a way you can bundle them?

I put the quotes in because I want it read slowly and thoughtfully. But it does look a bit intimidating I agree. I just think sometimes things need to click and tap. The the word 'type' comes from the greek language itself and can be described as sound and impression on metal with ink on it stamped against a piece of paper.

The reason why preachers slap their hands down on the podiums when they preach is because they are 'typing'.

They are excentuating words and imprinting them into peoples minds.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 02:05 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I could really use your help. I am working on a newsletter and I need some input. It doesn't have to be much. Even just a sentence or two. I won't attach anyones IDs or name to it unless they want it that way.

I hope it's ok I am asking this. I am not sure if it is so if I'm messing up, moderators, just delete it and let me know if I messed up.

Many fine men and women have been stationed overseas, ready to fight for this nation and sacrifice all for you and me. The troops are ready to rise when called upon to any operation , most with very little rest. Here at home ,we walk freely, enjoying the best life has to offer. So support our troops and give them your heartfelt thanks. Let them know that you are grateful for protecting your freedom, your safety and all that America stands for. What does freedom mean to you?

The problem for me, in terms of the introductory post to this thread is this:
There are really two different aspects to respond to.

What Does Freedom Mean To You? is one question. (Which probably belongs in the Philosophy forum?)

Then there's this: Many fine men and women have been stationed overseas, ready to fight for this nation and sacrifice all for you and me. The troops are ready to rise when called upon to any operation , most with very little rest. Here at home ,we walk freely, enjoying the best life has to offer. So support our troops and give them your heartfelt thanks. Let them know that you are grateful for protecting your freedom, your safety and all that America stands for. What does freedom mean to you?

This has little to do with the original define freedom question. In fact it defines freedom in a totally unacceptable way to me. This statement is about supporting US troops. I have absolutely no problem in hoping for the safe return of US troops. Their government has put them in a very tough & dangerous situation in Iraq, for (to many of us) highly dubious reasons. They have no choice about being there. It is part of their job.
To talk of their circumstances in terms of "what freedom means to you" seems bizarre to me. Perhaps, if they had the choice, many of the troops would choose to get out of Iraq. Pronto! And who could blame them?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 02:31 am
Yes...it is blind the assumption that they ARE defending "freedom" that pees me right off.

And now I bow out of this bizarrely fascinating thread.

You are a braver soul than I, Msolga...this place spooks me.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 02:31 am
I understand the dissonance you refer to in the set-up of this thread, msolga.

I guess part of the reason I haven't answered with my take on "what freedom means to me" is my deep ambivalence vis-a-vis this present war in Iraq, and for a thread to be set up that seems to make some kind of intrinsic connection between fighting this war and "freedom" just sets off my BS meter.

I don't believe that Arella made that connection, as you clearly pointed out, in her launch post out of anything but sincere motives and ideas.

I don't doubt they're good motives; I just don't necessarily agree with the ideas.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 02:41 am
msolga wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
Hi Everyone,

The problem for me, in terms of the introductory post to this thread is this:
There are really two different aspects to respond to.

What Does Freedom Mean To You? is one question. (Which probably belongs in the Philosophy forum?)

Then there's this: Many fine men and women have been stationed overseas, ready to fight for this nation and sacrifice all for you and me. The troops are ready to rise when called upon to any operation , most with very little rest. Here at home ,we walk freely, enjoying the best life has to offer. So support our troops and give them your heartfelt thanks. Let them know that you are grateful for protecting your freedom, your safety and all that America stands for. What does freedom mean to you?

This has little to do with the original define freedom question. In fact it defines freedom in a totally unacceptable way to me. This statement is about supporting US troops. I have absolutely no problem in hoping for the safe return of US troops. Their government has put them in a very tough & dangerous situation in Iraq, for (to many of us) highly dubious reasons. They have no choice about being there. It is part of their job.
To talk of their circumstances in terms of "what freedom means to you" seems bizarre to me. Perhaps, if they had the choice, many of the troops would choose to get out of Iraq. Pronto! And who could blame them?

Common msolga, the US soldiers are fighting for freedom...

What does freedom mean to you?

What does freedom mean to someone who doesn't have it?

Are you going to deny people the same freedom you have the luxury to partake in out of "principle"? Some principle...

The left is complaining about the war more than the troops are.

Cut them some slack.

As we well know in the free world, terror can strike at home...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 02:42 am
Thank you for that response, snood.

I really feel for the soldiers (just young people, like all the rest) who are put in such terrible circumstances ... mostly simply to make a living.

I really think MA should think a little more before posting topics couched in this way. No wonder people get so upset!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 02:46 am
msolga wrote:

I really feel for the soldiers (just young people, like all the rest) who are put in such terrible circumstances ... mostly simply to make a living.

I really think MA should think a little more before posting topics couched in this way. No wonder people get so upset!

These brave people 'volunteered' to join the MILITARY.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 02:57 am
RexRed wrote:
msolga wrote:

These brave people 'volunteered' to join the MILITARY.

Yes they did, Rex. But I wonder for how many it was the most viable way of making a decent living for themselves & their families?
And even if they did volunteer, is it right that they are used as political pawns (in an increasingly unpopular conflict) by their own government, for what many consider highly dubious reasons?
0 Replies