Fox News House Band Goes Too Far

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 02:37 pm
Looks like the Motor City Madman got a little too mad. Maybe he ate some bad water buffalo or something.

Is that the sound of chuckling chicks I hear? Laughing Razz :wink:

http://www.mlive.com/news/muchronicle/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/news-2/1053098139118900.xml
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,181 • Replies: 80
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 03:32 pm
Couldn't access that link--MLive wanted my first born. What did Ted do now, Bi-Polar Bear?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 03:53 pm
Used a few endearing terms like nigger, slope and jap one time too many and was invited to NOT take part in a big outdoor festival he was booked on.

Says all the hubbub is due to liberal hippie media. Good for them.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 03:57 pm
Well, there's no fool like an old fool. I guess Ted needed to prove that--once again!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 04:08 pm
Ted's no fool, just a bigmouth. Sounds like he jumped in a hole and started digging. Are you still going to his concert BP?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 04:11 pm
Already did. He talked his rightwingnut **** in concert and said you couldn't rock like him on a jap guitar.

He's a great rocker, but also an idiot.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 04:13 pm
Depends on one's definition of fool, I guess, but I'm willing to split the difference on this one...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 04:24 pm
Coming from you two, I'm sure Ted will take those as compliments. Wink

I was thinking of going to his show with ZZ Top next month, here at the Shoreline Amphitheatre. I wonder if they'll cancel him as well, this being such a politically correct place.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 04:28 pm
While I don't agree with Ted's idiotic opinions (or jokes or whatever they're supposed to be), I don't think he should be banned from playing concerts. That would be, dare I say it, un-American!

But I really mean it. Viva Ted--and the Dixie Chicks, too...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 04:46 pm
Could someone explain to me why the term "jap" is offensive? I suppose it might be if you were a jewish american princess....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 04:52 pm
Could someone explain to me why the term "jap" is offensive? I suppose it might be if you were a jewish american princess....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 05:37 pm
Ask a person of Japanese descent.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 10:34 pm
Are you sure he said "nigger"?
I haven't heard this.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 12:07 am
cjhsa- You obviously were not around during WWII. "Jap" was a very pejorative appellation, right up there with "nigger".

It is also not the same as J.A.P
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 09:04 am
Sofia it's on the link. I didn't hear him say it, although I did hear him say Jap in a duragatory context in concert, and he did a little three chord song about how the Dixie Chicks and Michael Moore could kiss his ass, cute in a childish way, not as mature as some of his other work like Wang Dang Sweet Poontang, but endearing none the less, and he interjected several times that war is the answer.

probably the very funniest thing he said was that GWB is a real cowboy. Now that was a knee slapper.

He still rocks though, but not like he did in '69 when btw he was out touring during the height of the Vietnam conflict. I guess war wasn't the answer back then. I think war becomes the answer for a lot of these rightwingnuts after they reach the age where they're too old to serve in the armed forces.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 10:12 am
cjhsa wrote:

Can't figure out what's offensive about "jap", huh? Do "nigger", "kike", "wop", "spic" or "cracker" give you interpretation problems too? Well, let me ease your mind... if the persons that these terms are supposed to refer to find them offensive, then whether you understand their offense or not, doesn't matter.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 10:54 am
well said snood.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 11:03 am
I can't help wondering why the author of this discussion decided to work the words "Fox News" into the title.

Actually, I know exactly why he did, I just don't think his dislike of Fox News and desire to malign them justify linking their name to something over which they had no control and for which they are not responsible.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 11:42 am
I have a name Scrat, you can address me directly.

My point is obvious, that Fox News is one of the standards by which blind, unthinking "fashionable patriotism" is measured, and people like Terrible Ted are mobile mouthpieces for the same inane rambling.

I like Ted when he shuts up and plays and am capable of separating his politics from his art.

Too bad the Chicks can't say the same for God fearing Bush loving middle American right, although within two weeks they were back to number One on Billboard with a completely sold out tour.

Meanwhile Scrat, the name is Bi-Polar Bear. It's right there by my avatar. I answer to it. Give it a try. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 12:04 pm
Snood, your political correctness I find ridiculous. "Jap" or "japs" was a term used by our military as a shortened version of Japanese, that is nowhere near as offensive as the other terms you cite.

Using your logic, one could decide to be offended by their own name, and thus you couldn't address them without offense. People might as well name their children "Asshole".
0 Replies