YAY!!!!!!

WhoodaThunk

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 07:52 am
I found this interesting:

http://www.examiner.com/a-151615~Jules_Witcover__Optimism_is_growing_among_progressives.html
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 07:57 am
Of course, I also find this interesting:

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/archives.cgi
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 08:22 am
blatham wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/Magginkat/Neighbor_problems.jpg

That's a great find, maggie.[/quote]

I thought it fit in this spot Blatham, considering some of the responses addressed to you! I wish I had that shrub! I would aim it at some of the Bible thumpers in this neck of the woods.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 08:32 am
maggie said
Quote:
I thought it fit in this spot Blatham, considering some of the responses addressed to you! I wish I had that shrub! I would aim it at some of the Bible thumpers in this neck of the woods.

I'm not much bothered by jabs from folks any more. And it's not a bad thing to keep the door open a bit for valid complaint. But thanks for the back-pat and particularly for that image. It's wonderfully set up with the dress and posture of the 'neighbor'.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 09:02 am
whoda

Your longer post on the previous page is, for the most part, fair-minded. Thankyou. When I'm back in later, I'll speak to it. I'll just pretend you didn't link to Coulter as that really tends to eviscerate all else of value in a discussion of what 'liberalism' means or looks like.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 09:14 am
Whooda Thunk.... Tell me which statements below belong to Dann Coulter and which belong to Adolph Hitler:

"Liberals have a preternatural gift for striking a position on the side of treason...Whenever the nation is under attack, from within or without, liberals side with the enemy."

"We must study this vile liberal technique of emptying garbage pails full of the vilest slanders and defamations from hundreds and hundreds of sources at once, suddenly and as if by magic, on the clean garments of honorable men, if we are fully to appreciate the entire menace represented by these scoundrels of the press."

"Taking these consequences into account, it is no accident that it is always primarily the liberal who tries and succeeds in planting such mortally dangerous modes of thought in our people."

"Hence it is that at the present time the liberal is the great agitator for the complete destruction of America. Whenever we read of attacks against America taking place in any part of the world the liberal is always the instigator."

"It was a crushing defeat for the liberals, not because liberals were necessarily Communists, though many were, but because they had been morally blind to Communism...Liberal elites defended traitors. In response to the Soviet threat, the Democrats consistently counseled defeat, supplication, and retreat."

"These scum manufacture more than three quarters of the so-called 'public opinion,'...To give an accurate description of this process and depict it in all its falsehood and improbability, one would have to write volumes."

"The immediate consequence of the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia was a wholesale abandonment of morals. Laws against divorce were loosened, promiscuity was encouraged, and marriage was demeaned as a "bourgeois institution." Providing a battle cry for the sexual anarchists, Vladimir Lenin had famously said that the act of sex should "be as simple and unimportant as drinking a glass of water." American liberals have used their hegemonic control of...newspapers to create a charming world in which women apparently cannot bear to keep their shirts on."

"As long as millions of the bourgeoisie still piously worship their liberal democratic press every morning, it very ill becomes these gentlemen to make jokes about the stupidity of the 'comrade' who, in the last analysis, only swallows down the same garbage, though in a different form. In both cases the manufacturer is one and the same liberal."

"The foremost connoisseurs of this truth regarding the possibilities in the use of falsehood and slander have always been the liberals..."

"The truth is another hateful "bourgeois institution."...liberals always seem to be enthusiastically defending liars. Lying is their most cherished human activity."

"Here the liberal's procedure is as follows: He approaches the worker, simulates pity with his fate, or even indignation at his lot of misery and poverty, thus gaining his confidence...With infinite shrewdness he fans the need for social justice, somehow slumbering in every American man, into hatred against those who have been better favored by fortune..."

"Liberals always get a lot of credit for suffering, while never actually being made to suffer."

"It is this press, above all, which wages a positively fanatical and slanderous struggle, tearing down everything which can be regarded as a support of national independence, cultural elevation, and the economic independence of the nation."
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 09:29 am
blatham wrote:
I'll just pretend you didn't link to Coulter as that really tends to eviscerate all else of value in a discussion of what 'liberalism' means or looks like.

Now that's YOUR opinion, Blatham, and again it smacks of fog-shrouded peaks.

The woman is beautiful, smokes like a fiend, and only Brunswick has heftier balls ... all qualties I admire in serious political discourse.

Granted, she knows all the liberal chains to yank, but at the core are many, many truths about American liberalism.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 09:33 am
WhoodaThunk wrote:
blatham wrote:
I'll just pretend you didn't link to Coulter as that really tends to eviscerate all else of value in a discussion of what 'liberalism' means or looks like.

Now that's YOUR opinion, Blatham, and again it smacks of fog-shrouded peaks.

The woman is beautiful, smokes like a fiend, and only Brunswick has heftier balls ... all qualties I admire in serious political discourse.

Granted, she knows all the liberal chains to yank, but at the core are many, many truths about American liberalism.

Weeeeeellllll Blatham, Whoodo Thunk confirmed what I have said all along. Dann Coulter has balls but not in the manner that Whoods thinks!

So Whooda like beautiful men eh? LOL Why am I not surprised.

Dodging my little quiz for you Hooda?? Not that it really matters. My guess is that Dann plagerizes much of what Hitler said! It would not be the first time that Mr. Cut and Paste has stolen the work of others!!

Typical Repug.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 09:36 am
I guess the fact that Whooda thinks Dann is beautiful really does show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I saw that hag on the tonight show last week. He is a walking skeleton. I wonder if he has aids??? Considering the places that he and Matt Drudge hang out it is a possibility!

Did you ever notice the giraffe neck on old Dann? Don't recall ever seeing a giraffe with an Adam's apple though!
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 09:38 am
Magginkat wrote:
Whooda Thunk.... Tell me which statements below belong to Dann Coulter and which belong to Adolph Hitler:

"Liberals have a preternatural gift for striking a position on the side of treason...Whenever the nation is under attack, from within or without, liberals side with the enemy."

"We must study this vile liberal technique of emptying garbage pails full of the vilest slanders and defamations from hundreds and hundreds of sources at once, suddenly and as if by magic, on the clean garments of honorable men, if we are fully to appreciate the entire menace represented by these scoundrels of the press."

"Taking these consequences into account, it is no accident that it is always primarily the liberal who tries and succeeds in planting such mortally dangerous modes of thought in our people."

"Hence it is that at the present time the liberal is the great agitator for the complete destruction of America. Whenever we read of attacks against America taking place in any part of the world the liberal is always the instigator."

"It was a crushing defeat for the liberals, not because liberals were necessarily Communists, though many were, but because they had been morally blind to Communism...Liberal elites defended traitors. In response to the Soviet threat, the Democrats consistently counseled defeat, supplication, and retreat."

"These scum manufacture more than three quarters of the so-called 'public opinion,'...To give an accurate description of this process and depict it in all its falsehood and improbability, one would have to write volumes."

"The immediate consequence of the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia was a wholesale abandonment of morals. Laws against divorce were loosened, promiscuity was encouraged, and marriage was demeaned as a "bourgeois institution." Providing a battle cry for the sexual anarchists, Vladimir Lenin had famously said that the act of sex should "be as simple and unimportant as drinking a glass of water." American liberals have used their hegemonic control of...newspapers to create a charming world in which women apparently cannot bear to keep their shirts on."

"As long as millions of the bourgeoisie still piously worship their liberal democratic press every morning, it very ill becomes these gentlemen to make jokes about the stupidity of the 'comrade' who, in the last analysis, only swallows down the same garbage, though in a different form. In both cases the manufacturer is one and the same liberal."

"The foremost connoisseurs of this truth regarding the possibilities in the use of falsehood and slander have always been the liberals..."

"The truth is another hateful "bourgeois institution."...liberals always seem to be enthusiastically defending liars. Lying is their most cherished human activity."

"Here the liberal's procedure is as follows: He approaches the worker, simulates pity with his fate, or even indignation at his lot of misery and poverty, thus gaining his confidence...With infinite shrewdness he fans the need for social justice, somehow slumbering in every American man, into hatred against those who have been better favored by fortune..."

"Liberals always get a lot of credit for suffering, while never actually being made to suffer."

"It is this press, above all, which wages a positively fanatical and slanderous struggle, tearing down everything which can be regarded as a support of national independence, cultural elevation, and the economic independence of the nation."

Magginkat: Given your signature line and my possibly-paranoid perception that I may be the "Bible-thumper" you recently referenced, I'm not really sure I want to play on your playground as I have a distinct impression you're one of those bad little girls who like to yank down the boys' trousers just for the sheer, hellish fun of it.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 09:42 am
And given those posts, my mind drifts to the classic SNL episode when Chevy looks at Jane and says, "Jane, you ignorant slut ... "

No more time for this, today.

Have fun with yourself.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 09:50 am
Magginkat wrote:
I guess the fact that Whooda thinks Dann is beautiful really does show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I saw that hag on the tonight show last week. He is a walking skeleton. I wonder if he has aids??? Considering the places that he and Matt Drudge hang out it is a possibility!

Did you ever notice the giraffe neck on old Dann? Don't recall ever seeing a giraffe with an Adam's apple though!

Gee, if only Anne was a member of A2K, she might be offended by your childishness. I had no idea she had so much influence over you.

What's it like to be owned by someone like Coulter maggi?
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 09:55 am
That's ok Whooda Thunk... you just confirmed what I knew all along. One can't tell the difference between what Coulter says and what came from Hitler. They are birds of a feather.

McG.......... Drinking that Kool aid again are you? I'm not the one who started the Coulter BS. That's your sidekick Whooda. Really McG, isn't it a little early in the day to be sipping that stuff?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 10:00 am
Magginkat wrote:
That's ok Whooda Thunk... you just confirmed what I knew all along. One can't tell the difference between what Coulter says and what came from Hitler. They are birds of a feather.

McG.......... Drinking that Kool aid again are you? I'm not the one who started the Coulter BS. That's your sidekick Whooda. Really McG, isn't it a little early in the day to be sipping that stuff?

http://fireproof.bravehost.com/myPictures/haha+Thou+PWNED.jpg
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 10:04 am
Somehow I have a feeling that the cartoon you posted actually looks like you McG.

You repugs have a way of confessing that defies anything I have ever seen.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 10:03 pm
Magginkat wrote:
Poo-poo heads Finn? There should be a law against such a bad case of self-imposed stupidity.

Maggie, you are irritating, but generally are as irrelevant as the screams of a cat in heat.

Of course there's a Tom out there somewhere who gets a woody from your caterwauling, but it ain't me babe; it ain't me.

(Maybe it's CI or JTT)
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 10:04 pm
blatham wrote:
WhoodaThunk wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Ahhh blatham...your audience reveals itself.

And an embarrassingly fawning audience at that ...

Nah. You're upside down on this one.

Thus Sprach Bernie!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 10:17 pm
blatham wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
dlowan wrote:
" if my party can ever be wrested from the grips of fanatical liberals, vacuous Hollywood types, and abortionists."

This phrase alone will do good...it'll have Blatham laughing in no time flat.

Indeed. If I had a dollar for each time I've read, "I used to be a Democrat until..." followed by some set of words that indicate the fellow is either likely lying through his teeth or that indicate he was one of the stupidest Democrats I've bumped into. Please, whooda, begin to be embarrassed by the substiution of cliches for actual reflective though.

Good grief blatham, this is an even more fatuous response then the one that sought to compare yourself with Girolamo Savonarola. Presumably, folks, such as yourself, labor heroically on sites such as this for the very promise that people can change their beliefs.

I also presume that you are capable of appreciating how a Republican might experience an epiphany and transform themselves into a Democrat.

But a Democrat (Liberal) that finds themselves evolving into a Republican (conservative), such a person must be a liar or stupid. Why mince word bernie, such people are, undeniably, pooh-pooh heads.

Touch of irony here, finn, Savonarola being a famed dipshit, the 'famed' being merely a convenient means to identify a precedent and the 'dipshit' (over-certain, self-righteous moralizing) being the point.

Hey Bernie you drew the comparison between Savonarola and yourself. I'm Ok with his being a dipshit, and (of late) I'm Ok with you being a Savonarola.

Lots of cases of folks sincerely changing affiliations or political ideas, in either direction. But the words used to describe or explain such a shift (perhaps you ought to read my sentence again) often reveal rather more than the speaker suspects. As deb suggests, with her usual brighteness and perception, Whoda didn't use a combination of words as silly as "blood-thirsty pacifist", but he's heading in that direction.

That you ascribe to dlowan a "usual" brightness and perception only reinforces the notion that you may, in fact, be a dipshit. When you credit a cretin because they, nominally, agree with you, you call question to yourself.

It would be interesting to understand what notions whoda sincerely held, when he was a Dem, why he held them, and what specifically altered his notions. This ought not to be a difficult progression to explicate. Steering away from slogans and cliches and speaking of the real and personal would be the manner in which this story could be told, to our edification (and I don't mean that sarcastically, by the by).

But, of course, you did not limit your comments to Whoda. You may choose to do so now, but that is not your original statement. I don't know Whoda at all , and I will leave it to him to defend himself. Instead I will challenge the bullshit of a dipshit who might suggest that a conversion from Left to Right is inherently bogus. I really am surprised and disappointed to learn that you believe Liberalism to be the natural order of things.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 10:21 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
dlowan wrote:
" if my party can ever be wrested from the grips of fanatical liberals, vacuous Hollywood types, and abortionists."

This phrase alone will do good...it'll have Blatham laughing in no time flat.

Indeed. If I had a dollar for each time I've read, "I used to be a Democrat until..." followed by some set of words that indicate the fellow is either likely lying through his teeth or that indicate he was one of the stupidest Democrats I've bumped into. Please, whooda, begin to be embarrassed by the substiution of cliches for actual reflective though.

Good grief blatham, this is an even more fatuous response then the one that sought to compare yourself with Girolamo Savonarola. Presumably, folks, such as yourself, labor heroically on sites such as this for the very promise that people can change their beliefs.

I also presume that you are capable of appreciating how a Republican might experience an epiphany and transform themselves into a Democrat.

But a Democrat (Liberal) that finds themselves evolving into a Republican (conservative), such a person must be a liar or stupid. Why mince word bernie, such people are, undeniably, pooh-pooh heads.

Touch of irony here, finn, Savonarola being a famed dipshit, the 'famed' being merely a convenient means to identify a precedent and the 'dipshit' (over-certain, self-righteous moralizing) being the point.

Hey Bernie you drew the comparison between Savonarola and yourself. I'm Ok with his being a dipshit, and (of late) I'm Ok with you being a Savonarola.

Lots of cases of folks sincerely changing affiliations or political ideas, in either direction. But the words used to describe or explain such a shift (perhaps you ought to read my sentence again) often reveal rather more than the speaker suspects. As deb suggests, with her usual brighteness and perception, Whoda didn't use a combination of words as silly as "blood-thirsty pacifist", but he's heading in that direction.

That you ascribe to dlowan a "usual" brightness and perception only reinforces the notion that you may, in fact, be a dipshit. When you credit a cretin because they, nominally, agree with you, you call question to yourself.

It would be interesting to understand what notions whoda sincerely held, when he was a Dem, why he held them, and what specifically altered his notions. This ought not to be a difficult progression to explicate. Steering away from slogans and cliches and speaking of the real and personal would be the manner in which this story could be told, to our edification (and I don't mean that sarcastically, by the by).

But, of course, you did not limit your comments to Whoda. You may choose to do so now, but that is not your original statement. I don't know Whoda at all , and I will leave it to him to defend himself. Instead I will challenge the bullshit of a dipshit who might suggest that a conversion from Left to Right is inherently bogus. I really am surprised and disappointed to learn that you believe Liberalism to be the natural order of things.

I never get the coloration right. F-Me!
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 10:51 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Magginkat wrote:
Poo-poo heads Finn? There should be a law against such a bad case of self-imposed stupidity.

Maggie, you are irritating, but generally are as irrelevant as the screams of a cat in heat.

Of course there's a Tom out there somewhere who gets a woody from your caterwauling, but it ain't me babe; it ain't me.

(Maybe it's CI or JTT)

Thank Heavens for Small Favors. According to your wife you have not been able to rise to the occasion in years!
0 Replies