My predictions on Iraq

infowarrior

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:43 am
"I predict an occupation or at least a year." craven

I hope you are correct, but every indicator suggests a much longer occupation after June 30. Some analysts are saying a generation or roughly 10 more years.

"I predict that despite everything Bush will win the re-election." craven

"Win," no way. Steal, courtesy of DieBold electronic voting machines, yes, I'm afraid you're correct.

It's the end of the republic.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 10:20 am
info, The California Secretary of State disqualified the DiBold electronic voting machines in many counties of our state because they found to be unreliable. Essentially, those counties that have failed the security/accuracy test must use paper ballots. Bush isn't going to steal California based on DieBold's electronic voting machines.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 12:40 pm
DAMMIT CRAVEN!

Who the heck leaked you a copy of the Iraq War Script"[/i] a year early?

I thought the schedule only went to we confirmed Ultra Right Wing Neocon Religious wackos.

PLEASE tell me that the traitor didn't leak you Addendum B 112.5.4 'Neoconservative World Domination by 2007' (aka. The ascension of Emperor Bush I)

Not too shabby, perhaps we should kidnap you and build a Temple around you..... what do you think...

The Oracle of de Kere

We can charge $1000 a prediction. As long as we make them sign a waiver before you make the prediction, we are bulletproof for liability.

We can make a fortune.

Oh and before anyone can call it....

DIBS ON BEING HIGH PRIEST!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 12:53 pm
Shocked Unreal Craven.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 02:49 pm
Nice idea, Fedral. Craven might go for it if we include virgins.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:37 pm
I'd just like to point out, as further evidence of the inherant superiority of liberal thought, that the majority of liberal posters (read: rational people) on this board made most of these predictions as well.

Conservatives, on the other hand, were still clinging to the idea of WMD's in Iraq up to a few months ago; for Christ's sake, some of them are still deluding themselves into believing in some kind of al-Qaida/Hussien connection.

I want to emphasize that, because the story of the Iraq war has been marked by the consistant triumph of liberal predictions over conservative delusions.

I cannot imagine another scenario where the conservative establishment has been so thoroughly proven wrong on every level possible

.....I'm not trying to take away from Craven's uncanny prescience - I certainly didn't have had the foresight to predict a Bush re-election back then - or anything, but it's true: liberals are simply awesome, homie.

The proof is in the proverbial puddin.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 04:07 pm
IronLionZion wrote:
I'd just like to point out, as further evidence of the inherant superiority of liberal thought, that the majority of liberal posters (read: rational people) on this board made most of these predictions as well.

ROTFLMFAO. Thanks ILZ, I needed that!
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 04:10 pm
cjhsa wrote:
IronLionZion wrote:

ROTFLMFAO. Thanks ILZ, I needed that!

Indeed, reality can be amusing from certain perspectives.

And scary from others.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 04:15 pm
Thank God the odds of Craven being any more correct are miniscule. :wink:
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 05:53 pm
It always amazes me how one person can spoil an otherwise enjoyable thread.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 06:00 pm
McGentrix wrote:
It always amazes me how one person can spoil an otherwise enjoyable thread.

REALITY STRIKES AGAIN!!!

....destroying an otherwise enjoyable traipse through Conservative Delusion Land.....
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 06:08 pm
It always amazes me how one person can spoil an otherwise enjoyable thread. McGentrix

This talent appears to be McGentrix' special gift, as his appearance often leads to a thread being locked.

Did he go to school to learn how to do this?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 08:36 pm
Re: My predictions on Iraq
Craven de Kere wrote:

I predict that the weapons of mass destruction will not be found.

you forgot to predict that they'd actually stop looking, but dang you were right on way too many of those predictions
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 09:51 pm
It's uncanny how most of de Kere's predictions came to be.

Some of them, like the "no huge catastrophe and no "ripples" of democracy for years," have yet to be played out.

About the attention the Mid-East is getting, I think Arafat's death has had an enormously larger bearing in that regard than the war in Iraq.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 05:33 am
Amazing!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 05:40 am
Re: My predictions on Iraq
Craven de Kere wrote:
I predict that despite the administration's current posturing that war with Iraq is an inevitability.

I predict that the anti-war campaign will grow strong but not be enough to stop the war.

I predict that the war will last one month but that the casualties from occupation will be more (on the American side) than during the war.

I predict a very strong air campaign initially (no-brainer).

I predict female war heros.

I predict the history's greatest case of news management by the US military.

I predict that commercial satelight photography will be noticably absent or lessened.

I predict that Saddam will become an Osama. Hidden and wanted but as time drags on his relevance will be minimized. He will be found or killed before Osama and at that point he will be broadly touted as an important kill (yeah, might as well predict that too).

I predict that the weapons of mass destruction will not be found.

I predict that war weariness will be rearing to go but never have a real chance due to the short campaign.

I predict a post war drop in Bush's popularity.

I predict that after the war in Iraq the Mid-East will still not get the attention Bush has been implying.

I predict that the death toll won't start to solidify till after the war.

I predict that the mobilization of the troops will be complete around March/April.

I predict that the US will NOT get a UN resolution.

I predict that the occupation will be uneventful. By that I mean no huge catastrophe and no "ripples" of democracy for years.

I predict an occupation or at least a year.

I predict that Powel will resign from the administration.

I predict that despite everything Bush will win the re-election.

I predict taht I will not be too happy about it. Crying or Very sad
amazing!!!!! Shocked
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 06:00 am
But, he supported Kerry for the simple reason that Kerry was "electable." He he.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 06:06 am
We just can't get a break.(thank you)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 10:13 am
"break" he he he ...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:24 pm
Just wanted to bring this back "alive." Craven's predictions have come true, and we just can't let this drop from the radar. Wink
0 Replies