neologist

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 09:54 pm
Wow, I turn around for a few hours and ten pages of erudition. How will I keep up? I know. I'll just ignore them.

ZZZ

Here's a thought to stimulate some healthy reproach:

It really doesn't matter whether the ark was seaworthy by our standards. It might or might not have been, but so long as Noah obeyed, God would hold it together.

As far as I can tell, the whole thing was just a gigantic box. . . but

Consider all the times the bible relates God's intervention in the feeble efforts of humans.

Gideon's 300 men.
Sampson's destruction of the Philistines
David vs. Goliath
Etc., etc., etc.

The bible was written for the unsophisticated and ordinary. If it is to be understood, it must be read with the common man's point of view in mind. Common man. . . Not stupid man. That might require some discernment and not a small amount of humility.

Solomon, in psalm 127, vs. 1 wrote:
Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 10:34 pm
Rex,

Well, since this thread is about soooooo many different things and this has been touched on, I wanted to tell you something.

Your life is your life. It's none of my business. I wouldn't feel any differently about you if you are purple, green, or whatever. It is up to God to deal with each of us and I'm not about to judge you or anyone else for anything. None of us, NOT ONE of us is without some sin in our life. So, just know you have my respect and support.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 11:15 pm
Well, I can still call you MA sometimes... Smile

I believe God rewards his saints. God sees the Christ in us not our faults.

The holy spirit is, good news, NEW birth and life. We cannot corrupt the spirit of God in us. The spirit cannot be "slain", it cannot be removed. It is "seed" that is eternal. The spirit is power from on high. The spirit is love and grace.

The spirit is unity of mind. ONE MIND

[I have added the words in hard brackets below to the Bible quotes and highlighted a few important words] King James Bible...

Ephesians 4:2-16
2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the [same equal] measure of the gift of Christ.

Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the [same] measure of faith.

Acts 10:45
And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Romans 5:15
But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

1Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible [SEED], by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Comment:
These are some of the scriptures that define the Bible to me. This is the seed of where faith and truth "should" begin.

We live in a time of God's grace.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 02:11 am
RexRed wrote:
Lot of posts to respond to.

Snood I try not to assume anything about people.

Lash So far the right has not made any comments that have been insulting about my sexuality. This should tell us we are in good hands with them. Yes they may have inner opinions but they have so far kept them relatively silent. We all have errors in our understanding of the Bible.

As for the left. You are also supportive of my lifestyle so I really have no gripes with your either. Even if I did that is your right.

As for me manipulating people. I admit that I am a human being with motives like anyone else.

I have visions of people blessed and coming to an understanding of God.

But one thing I understand as if it were part of what I am is, you cannot force people. You can be blunt and try to show them the error of their ways. But if change is going to come it needs to come from the spirit within. To manipulate people is not so wrong if they want to be manipulated and if they trust you. But you cannot just make someone into what you want them to be. They have to become that on their own or then you have only insulted their intelligence.

Frank you have six scriptures that you throw at me. Your favorite one is the gay one... Over five years you have been throwing this gay scripture at me. I explain it and then when it suits you you throw it at me again and I explain it again. As if you never even really heard what I have ever really said. Someday I will be shrewd and test you on it. Others have already learned faster than you.

So it makes me wonder if it is just the shock factor that you are after and not the truth.

So FM when you figure out Franks motives for not listening for 5 years and simply barfing up the same gay scripture then you will be free to call my mother what you like.

Here Frank here is a scripture for YOU...

1 Corinthians 13

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Comment:
Frank what is wrong with these scriptures?

Does it sound like it is from the same God as the gay ones you pack in your arsenal against the true God?

You are listening to the God YOU want to hear.

AGAIN, Good must overcome evil and liberty becomes a law unto itself.

But Frank, this concept goes right over your head.

You don't even try to understand.

Just in another few weeks you will again toss the same gay scripture at me and I will still believe the same thing.

You are not playing on my fears you are only using the wrong teaching and scriptural ignorance of others to prove a false witness against the one true God.

Rex...I defy you to show anything in your supposed refutation of the passage I cited that actually shows the god of the Bible does not consider homosexual acts to be an abomination worthy of death.

Where.

You might just as well have cited "The meek shall inherit the Earth" ....because you have not actually refuted the passage...you have merely avoided it.

The god of the Bible clearly states that homosexual activity is an abomination.

Wake the fuk up!

Stop pretending that you have refuted the passage.

What you have done...very clearly to everyone but you...is to twist logic in an attempt to make the passage seem to say something other than what it says.

That was my point. Thank you for once again showing that my point was correct.

Yes, I will continue to use the passage...because it allows me to allow you to show I am correct in this matter.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 02:14 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Rex,

Well, since this thread is about soooooo many different things and this has been touched on, I wanted to tell you something.

Your life is your life. It's none of my business. I wouldn't feel any differently about you if you are purple, green, or whatever. It is up to God to deal with each of us and I'm not about to judge you or anyone else for anything. None of us, NOT ONE of us is without some sin in our life. So, just know you have my respect and support.

Right!

Who gives a rat's ass about what the god of the Bible says?

You are going to do what you want to do...and the god of the Bible can go straight to hell.

At least in this instance!

What hypocrisy!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 02:31 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
Rex,

Right!

Who gives a rat's ass about what the god of the Bible says?

You are going to do what you want to do...and the god of the Bible can go straight to hell.

At least in this instance!

What hypocrisy!

And just what burr is under your saddle, Frank? You're seemingly miffed because I won't tell Rex he's going to hell? You wake the *** up Frank. It's my decision to make, nor is it yours, or anyone else's. Rex knows very well where I stand on this issue. He and I don't have a problem with it. If he's gay, that's his business.

But if you or anyone else thinks I'm going to tell him or anyone else they are going to hell for anything, think again. I know what that Bible says to me for me. I am to look after my own salvation. Not yours, not Rex's, not anyone's but mine.

I sin. Rex sins. You sin. We all sin. That's what the Bible says. So, I have absolutely no right to judge Rex or anyone else for what they do. Make up your mind, will you? You (not the literal you) jump all over people because you say well you condemn them to hell! And then when someones doesn't do it you get miffed? Go figure.

And Rex does have my respect and support. He sticks up for what he believes in no matter what. He has my support in standing up for what he believes. It doesn't necessarily mean I agree with everything he says or does. I don't agree with everything any one person says or does. I highly doubt you do either.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 02:48 am
I thought this thread might benefit from a quick excerpt from Eddie Izzard:

One of the recurring themes throughout his live acts is his impersonation of various people as various other people. For instance, what better casting than James Mason as God and Sean Connery as Noah?

James Mason: You! Noah, stop what you're doing and build me an Ark!

Sean Connery: I'm working on a speedboat at the moment - speedboat's
much faster, you can shoot across the water much faster (mimes speedboat)... It'll be great photos for the Bible...

JM: Noah, I appreciate your sense of publicity, but er... I want an Ark with a big room for poo - that's gonna be important...

SC: Speedboat! Let's go for a speedboat - and we can get all the animals with long ears and they can sit along the side and let their ears go (mimes ears blowing along in the wind...), 'cos they like that...

JM: No, you build me an Ark - put a big motor in an Ark if you want compromise.

SC: Oh... alright...[/color]
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 03:08 am
Arella Mae wrote:

And just what burr is under your saddle, Frank? You're seemingly miffed because I won't tell Rex he's going to hell? You wake the *** up Frank. It's my decision to make, nor is it yours, or anyone else's. Rex knows very well where I stand on this issue. He and I don't have a problem with it. If he's gay, that's his business.

But if you or anyone else thinks I'm going to tell him or anyone else they are going to hell for anything, think again. I know what that Bible says to me for me. I am to look after my own salvation. Not yours, not Rex's, not anyone's but mine.

I sin. Rex sins. You sin. We all sin. That's what the Bible says. So, I have absolutely no right to judge Rex or anyone else for what they do. Make up your mind, will you? You (not the literal you) jump all over people because you say well you condemn them to hell! And then when someones doesn't do it you get miffed? Go figure.

And Rex does have my respect and support. He sticks up for what he believes in no matter what. He has my support in standing up for what he believes. It doesn't necessarily mean I agree with everything he says or does. I don't agree with everything any one person says or does. I highly doubt you do either.

Like I said...who give a shyt what the god of the Bible says!!!!

Whenever it suits your purpose.

YOUR GOD, MA, says that homosexual conduct is an abomination worthy of death.

But you go on and give "your respect and support" to Rex and his lifestyle. After all....what the hell difference does it make to you what YOUR GOD has to say.

FOR THE RECORD...I GIVE MY SUPPORT TO ANY GAY PERSON...because it is none of my goddam business if a person is sexually attracted to same sex partners.

But you are preaching about this god of yours. YOU SHOULD NOT BE TAKING THAT SAME STANCE...UNLESS YOU ARE A GODDAM HYPOCRITE!

Can you get that through your thick skull????

We both give respect and support to Rex. But you are being a hypocrite in doing so!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 03:09 am
And Rex is being a hypocrite by his conduct!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 03:09 am
So is the Episcopal Church of America.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 03:30 am
Frank,

Just what the heck is wrong with you? Did I say I support his lifestyle? No, I did not. And like I said, Rex knows very well that I do not. Now, I'm not getting into that with you or anyone else. It's none of my business Frank. All I can do is tell you or anyone else what I believe and why. If they choose to accept that then fine. If they choose not to accept that then fine. God does not tell me that I have the right to punish anyone for anything. If you don't want to be a Christian Frank then why don't you stop telling those of us that want to be one how we should do it? You can't have it both ways Frank. And Frankly, right now you remind me of so many Christians that I hear telling each other they aren't saved because they don't believe this or they haven't been baptized or they don't speak in tongues, etc. Our own salvation, Frank.

You are the one that keeps saying homosexuals should be put to death according to the Bible Frank. It doesn't seem to matter to you that it has been explained we are not under Mosaic Law and those punishments don't apply. If you don't accept that then fine.

What do you want me to do Frank? Beat Rex up with the Bible? Should I then turn around and beat you up with it? Who else Frank? Who else should I beat up with the Bible? Like I said, we all sin. So, I guess I'd better get busy beating people up. Rolling Eyes If you have an understanding of God as some barbaric monster and you don't accept anything other than that, well that's you.

Talk about hypocritical! You scream and holler because you think homosexuals are being discriminated against and then when someone refuses to condemn them you get upset. THAT is hypocritical.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 05:52 am
She's admitting the Bible has mistakes in it.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 06:07 am
Not necessarily. Maybe the bible is the inerrant word..of a schizophrenic deity.
That would explain everything.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 08:02 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
So is the Episcopal Church of America.
As much as I like rex, I'll have to agree with you on that, Frank.

Except we all know there is no such thing as a burning hell, right?
0 Replies

Zipp City US of A

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 08:22 am
The problem with science is that it keeps finding it's own self wrong. The proplem with the Bible is people keep mis-interrrupting it with their own mis-understandings.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 11:27 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Frank,

Just what the heck is wrong with you? Did I say I support his lifestyle? No, I did not. And like I said, Rex knows very well that I do not. Now, I'm not getting into that with you or anyone else. It's none of my business Frank. All I can do is tell you or anyone else what I believe and why. If they choose to accept that then fine. If they choose not to accept that then fine. God does not tell me that I have the right to punish anyone for anything. If you don't want to be a Christian Frank then why don't you stop telling those of us that want to be one how we should do it? You can't have it both ways Frank. And Frankly, right now you remind me of so many Christians that I hear telling each other they aren't saved because they don't believe this or they haven't been baptized or they don't speak in tongues, etc. Our own salvation, Frank.

You are the one that keeps saying homosexuals should be put to death according to the Bible Frank. It doesn't seem to matter to you that it has been explained we are not under Mosaic Law and those punishments don't apply. If you don't accept that then fine.

What do you want me to do Frank? Beat Rex up with the Bible? Should I then turn around and beat you up with it? Who else Frank? Who else should I beat up with the Bible? Like I said, we all sin. So, I guess I'd better get busy beating people up. Rolling Eyes If you have an understanding of God as some barbaric monster and you don't accept anything other than that, well that's you.

Talk about hypocritical! You scream and holler because you think homosexuals are being discriminated against and then when someone refuses to condemn them you get upset. THAT is hypocritical.

You simply are not bright enough to argue with, MA. You have so little comprehension of what is being argued and said that one might as well be arguing with a wall.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 12:18 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Rex...I defy you to show anything in your supposed refutation of the passage I cited that actually shows the god of the Bible does not consider homosexual acts to be an abomination worthy of death.

Where.

You might just as well have cited "The meek shall inherit the Earth" ....because you have not actually refuted the passage...you have merely avoided it.

The god of the Bible clearly states that homosexual activity is an abomination.

Wake the fuk up!

Stop pretending that you have refuted the passage.

What you have done...very clearly to everyone but you...is to twist logic in an attempt to make the passage seem to say something other than what it says.

That was my point. Thank you for once again showing that my point was correct.

Yes, I will continue to use the passage...because it allows me to allow you to show I am correct in this matter.

Frank, for the 80 millionth time "There are two Gods of the Bible.

Could you repeat that to yourself three times? There are two Gods of the Bible, There are two Gods of the Bible, There are two Gods of the Bible.

2Co 4:4
In whom the god [theos] of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Comment:
Which God is yours the God of law OR the God of liberty?

1Co 1:20
Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

Comment:
You are obsessed by the God of law and you act as if I should be.

But I'm not.

Anything that exalts itself against the knowledge of Christ is not from the TRUE GOD.

Moses was deficient spiritually, this is why he saw things legally and WITHOUT LIBERTY.

Frank if Moses was such a perfect man "of the God of the Bible" why is he not permitted to enter the promised land? YOU HAVE NO ANSWER FOR THAT EITHER.

Your mind refuses to distinguish and discern spiritually the one true God.

Why? So without ANY God you can sin without impunity or conscience. You intentions are less that honerable.

You figure the only way to liberty is to toss the whole thing.

WRONG! What of the holy spirit and eternity?

Mr 3:29
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Comment:
You are oblivious to issues like WHY THERE IS A NEW TESTAMENT if the old testament was just all hunky dory. Your interpretation has NO answer for that.

Heb 8:7
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Comment:
THE GOD OF THE BIBLE IS TWO GODS....

You think your interpretation of the OT is the accepted one and you are closed to any other interpretation of the scriptures.

You think I am twisting the meaning and I am just seeing the scope of the word. I see the complete story.

I see man (Adam) who sinned and gave dominion to the devil I see this dominion being MIXED with the God of the OT. I see the one true God revealed in the New Testament...

Ro 6:9
Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Comment:
This is why God will ask for sacrifice of animals and then LATER tells people he never required these sacrifices and they were an abomination to him. The prophets could not discern spirits. (Just as you cannot or will not discern spirits)

1Co 12:10
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

Comment:
Christianity is not confessing our sin for salvation

It is confessing the saviour from sin.

Ro 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Comment:
NONE of these principles you understand.

You look at the old testament God and SEE "the God of the Bible" instead of a result of the Gods of the Bible.

Look at Job, why was God and the devil so chummy buddies? YOU HAVE NO ANSWER FOR THIS! Because you do not understand TWO GODS.

You fall back on erroneous theological interpretations. YOU have a twisted meaning of the Bible due to not studying it YOURSELF. You remain fixated on what others have taught you.

You are COMPLETELY oblivious to THE SPIRIT and what it means to us.

1Co 2:13
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Comment:
Your OT logic is that everything is God because Moses said it was, Well Moses "thought" it was God, just as YOU DO (then you reject this God)...

The Bible is not incorrect about Moses. You cannot understand that the Bible is showing that Moses WAS fallible. The Bible is not wrong... Moses was wrong. God WARNED Moses that the LAW would be a burden (several times). For some reason this cannot click in your head. Moses saw the world legally because he was not complete spiritually.

Col 2:10
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Comment:
If Moses was so perfect spiritually than why did Jesus need to come "save" the world? YOU HAVE NO ANSWER FOR THIS EITHER FRANK!

Because the devil had an advantage over God.

It was the power given to the devil by Adam.

Adam gave the devil "dominion" over the earth. Dominion was Adams to Give because of free will and because dominion over the earth was Adams. Dominion is a KINGDOM... the kingdoms of the world. These kingdoms are where laws are made. The devil offered Jesus the kingdoms of the world if he would bow down and worship him. How could the devil make such a claim if he did not have the POWER of the kingdoms (dominion) of the world? You are arguing the Bible with someone who knows what it means.

Lu 16:16
The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it

Comment:
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE BIBLE

Let alone the ONE true God of the Bible OR the false God Frank...

Your blindness is the same blindness that Moses suffered from.

LAW Versus LIBERTY

They cannot both occupy the same mind.

Ro 8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Comment:
You magnify the God of the OT and you consider the NT God silly... Your motives Frank are not wholesome.

So really the problem is not with the Gods of the Bible but your rank self worshiping arrogance.

This is not twisted logic this is the logic of the BIBLE.
Prove to me the LORD of MOSES was the ONE true God of the NT!
How about some scriptures to back that up? You have NONE!

You don't like this logic so you twist it to fit your hatred of God.

The LORD of the OT was not always what he seemed... You should be proud (sarcasm) to be among those who do not understand this.

Well you are hating the right God, and you are hating the wrong God.

Would I trade being gay for your ignorance of God? Not for all the cheese in Wisconsin.

The law was the schoolmaster until the spirit. Where there is liberty there can be law. Without law there is no sin.

Ga 3:24
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Ga 3:25
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Ro 3:20
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Comment:
All the laws are contained in one law... TO LOVE GOD...

Ro 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Comment:
You hate the GOD of the Bible Frank, so you cannot even follow one law (to love God) let alone all the rest having to do with what "liberty" represents.

How can the OT God and NT God be the same if God "never changes".

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Comment:
Either God changed or God was never in the LAW. God has always been in the spirit. The true will of Jehovah was obscured by the overlapping of usurped human dominion.

Do not hack and slash my post and answer to only the few statements that do not tip your hand...

I will repost the parts you cut out and ask you why you did not respond to them.

I am getting tired of your idiocy
Why don't you, "wake the fuk up"!

Eph 5:14
Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Acts 7:30-41
30 And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush. 31 When Moses saw it, he wondered at the sight: and as he drew near to behold it, the voice of the Lord came unto him,
32 Saying, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold.

Comment:
Now what ANGEL was in the burning flame of fire Frank?

How about if you start reading this book for a change.

Abraham Isaac Jacob all saw God the same way?

The DEVIL almost convinced Abraham to slay his son... Had Abraham done that Jesus Christ would never have been born!

Do you really think God would play with our future like that?

The LORD (DEVIL) caused the "great flood" and the LORD (True GOD)saved Noah.

The LORD Giveth (True GOD) and th LORD (DEVIL false God) taketh away...

Ro 1:17
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Ga 3:23
But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Comment:
I could go on and on proving my point with scriptures...

You have no CLEAR scrptures to prove WHO the God of the Bible is Frank... Only speculation built upon speculation and error built upon error.

You are a follower of followers Frank.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 01:08 pm
I would accept that the God of the Bible is a paranoid schizohphrenic. If one is to believe this is the fault of the authors who didn't actually hear God dictate what to write down in the scriptures, then the whole structure and teachings of the Bible virtually dissintegrates. Jesus stated that all that was written before is valid, meaning the Hebrew Old Testament (he was a Jewish Rabbi, remember?). Although he did not state that homosexuality was wrong, he emphatically states that a man should only be with a woman. It is true that he refutes the notion of putting anybody to death for a sin such as homosexuality. He seems to have lapsed here as it's either follow all that will written before him or don't follow what is written before him. Another reason not to take the Bible that seriously. Even its metaphors and parables are crazy and mixed up.

You've got a set of blinders on suitable for a draft horse.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 01:17 pm
Zipp City US of A wrote:
The problem with science is that it keeps finding it's own self wrong. The proplem with the Bible is people keep mis-interrrupting it with their own mis-understandings.

Amen to that!

Frank,

First, notice the ID change and respect that please.

Second, even the dimmest of light bulbs can offer some light. :wink:
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 01:40 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
I would accept that the God of the Bible is a paranoid schizohphrenic. If one is to believe this is the fault of the authors who didn't actually hear God dictate what to write down in the scriptures, then the whole structure and teachings of the Bible virtually dissintegrates. Jesus stated that all that was written before is valid, meaning the Hebrew Old Testament (he was a Jewish Rabbi, remember?). Although he did not state that homosexuality was wrong, he emphatically states that a man should only be with a woman. It is true that he refutes the notion of putting anybody to death for a sin such as homosexuality. He seems to have lapsed here as it's either follow all that will written before him or don't follow what is written before him. Another reason not to take the Bible that seriously. Even its metaphors and parables are crazy and mixed up.

You've got a set of blinders on suitable for a draft horse.

Before you hyperventilate and start frothing at the mouth PLEASE read what I have proposed and give it some impartial and CAREFUL consideration.
0 Replies