Why do you still support Bush?

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:22 pm
I have been tediously scrolling through and (yes), reading the "Is Bush a Liar" thread.
The usual suspects have donated their typical contributions, but I wonder why some people still unconditionally support Bush.
What are some of the things he is currently doing that makes him worthy of such support?.... and under what conditions would you cease to support him further?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 33,899 • Replies: 1,094
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:43 pm
If he addmited he was lying and was wrong.

.....And that he was loaded the whole time and can't remember anything.

(I couldn't resist candidone1)

Did you read cicerones post on that thread about the pinochio syndrome?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:45 pm
<Pulls up a chair>

Don't mind me, as I'm curious as well.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 04:48 am
I'm with you Montana.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 05:15 am
There are few things about this mysterious ole planet that scare me more than the 29% who would still follow this moron into hell.

Makes one wonder what price would finally be too high to pay for their devotion to their sick ideology!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 05:21 am
Because he's leading us to victory in Iraq. He has brought democracy to the middle east and the Iraqi's are dancing in the streets and throwing flowers at our soldiers.

He is still going to fix Social Security, if the Dems will cooperate. He could do a whole lot more if they would just go along.

(Oh, wait. They are.)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 06:28 am
Frank wrote:
There are few things about this mysterious ole planet that scare me more than the 29% who would still follow this moron into hell.

Especially the ones who are poor or just plain working class people. I can understand why a few rich, greedy bastards support Bush -- his policies allow them greater riches -- but to support this man when he is against your own best interest, well, that is the epitome of stupidity.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 07:02 am
Frank wrote:
Makes one wonder what price would finally be too high to pay for their devotion to their sick ideology!

If anything negative occurs from their policies you can rest assured the Democrats, liberals, Kennedy and Clinton will get the blame.

Remember how they howled about how Clinton never took out Osama bin Laden when he was in office. Funny, you don't hear them say anything about Bush not taking him out.

Remember how the conservatives used to say balancing the budget was one of the most important things the government should do. Now few of them speak about it. We have a deficit? Print more money. Everythings fine. If anything happens, it's the liberals fault.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 07:28 am
Re: Why do you still support Bush?
candidone1 wrote:
I have been tediously scrolling through and (yes), reading the "Is Bush a Liar" thread.
The usual suspects have donated their typical contributions, but I wonder why some people still unconditionally support Bush.
What are some of the things he is currently doing that makes him worthy of such support?.... and under what conditions would you cease to support him further?

I have never unconditionally supported him. I think he's dead wrong to be in favor of tort reform, for instance. However, I voted for him, and support him now because he usually says things I believe. I guess you can tell me why that's wrong.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 07:38 am
Brandon, get some rest.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 07:44 am
Brandon, here let me fluff up that pillow for you.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 07:56 am
Okay, I'll add to the bloody bait of this sharkfest ...

It's not so much that I support Bush, though I did vote for him in '04 after voting for Gore in '00, it's just that the Democratic Party has become such a caricature of what it once was. When it comes time to cast that vote, apparently most Americans just couldn't bring themselves to vote for the candidate (& his wife, Endora) who had flipflopped to the top of the heap of such a stinking mess of wacked-out losers.

Mine wasn't a pro-Bush vote as much as an anti-Kerry vote.

Having said that, I think a better question might be:

With such a pathetic, good ol' boy, palm-greasing moron in the Whitehouse, why haven't the Democrats gained the slightest bit of ground with the electorate in the past six years?

Let the waters churn ...
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:30 am
Typical! Can't answer the question so you try to change the subject.

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:35 am
Montana wrote:
Brandon, here let me fluff up that pillow for you.

Yeah, that sounds okay.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:36 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Brandon, get some rest.

It was my impression that she started the thread to ask conservatives the question I answered.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:40 am
WhoodaThunk wrote:
Okay, I'll add to the bloody bait of this sharkfest ...

It's not so much that I support Bush, though I did vote for him in '04 after voting for Gore in '00, it's just that the Democratic Party has become such a caricature of what it once was. When it comes time to cast that vote, apparently most Americans just couldn't bring themselves to vote for the candidate (& his wife, Endora) who had flipflopped to the top of the heap of such a stinking mess of wacked-out losers.

Mine wasn't a pro-Bush vote as much as an anti-Kerry vote.

Having said that, I think a better question might be:

With such a pathetic, good ol' boy, palm-greasing moron in the Whitehouse, why haven't the Democrats gained the slightest bit of ground with the electorate in the past six years?

Let the waters churn ...

The question asked is not why you voted for him, Whooda.

Why don't you give the question a shot?
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:43 am
At least Bush pulls off the commonman act ...

'04 Freezeframe Moment:

John & Endora Kerry had just been whisked into town unannounced to attend a Friday night football game and supposedly rub elbows with the commoners. It came off like Charles & Camilla at a fishfry ....

'04 Lingering Memory:

In '04, I voted for the first time in my new Hooterville precinct and waited almost an hour in a sea of Carhartt's ... not that anyone on this site probably knows what those are ... for that privilege/right. I had just moved in early October and had made damned sure the proper forms were on file at the election board so I would be eligible.

After Kerry lost, recall the huge brouhaha raised by the Democrats about voters being denied their rights, the race card being pulled again and again, etc. ... nevermind the admitted fact that "victims" hadn't bothered to properly register and hadn't bothered to show up at the right precincts. Kerry himself whined on for months about how he lost Ohio because of the lack of voting machines & long lines in Cleveland/Cuyahoga County.

Bullshit.

Again the question -- why would anyone actually vote for this new Democratic Party, the one that's been hijacked by elitists & misfits?
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:52 am
I said this before:

I don't support everything Bush has done or continues to do. I simply find him far preferable to the alternative.

Please note:No references to the Clintons or Kennedys so skip that tired refrain.

Care to answer the better question?

Why are the Democrats & their policies still so distasteful when only 29% of America supports the moronic buffoon?

Didn't think so. Bueller? Bueller?
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:52 am
I said this before:

I don't support everything Bush has done or continues to do. I simply find him far preferable to the alternative.

Please note:No references to the Clintons or Kennedys so skip that tired refrain.

Care to answer the better question?

Why are the Democrats & their policies still so distasteful when only 29% of America supports the moronic buffoon?

Didn't think so. Bueller? Bueller?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:53 am
WhoodaThunk wrote:
At least Bush pulls off the commonman act ...

There is a huge difference between "pulling off" the "common man act"...and being and acting the way a fukin' moron has to be and act.

When you discover the difference....your eyes will be opened.
0 Replies