Virginity - Is the first cut the deepest?

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 05:39 am
I met this girl last year and we have been living together since then. I know she loves me very much. She is very caring, dedicated and very good in bed. She used to tell me I am very sweet and she never experienced such feeling before. She is very honest too and I love her very much. Now, what bothers me is that she told me that she lost her virginity to a guy when she was in her late teens. She said she loved him very much and spent a lot of time together. Her parents were totally against this guy (that man is now deceased). After that (but before the first one is dead) she had another relationship with another guy for over 6 years with whom she also had physical relationship. Now, what bothers me is that: Will the sweet memory of making love for the first time linger in her mind? Is it true that the first cut is the deepest? I am disturbed and feel jealous. Will anyone give me an answer?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,294 • Replies: 55
No top replies

material girl

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 05:43 am
Seems like it was a long time ago.
I can barely remember my first time and he was the only guy I really loved.

If she does keep her mind on past memories she is gona miss out on a future.
She may think of it now and again but I doubt itl be on her mind all the time so dont worry.

You dotn mention anything about yourself.Do you always think about your first time?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 05:48 am
You never forget your first time, but it's not something that lingers in my mind.
The past is the past and I live in the present.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 05:59 am
Has she given any indication she thinks this is an issue?

Why borrow trouble?

What about your first time? Men are virgins at one point too you know.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 06:11 am
Quote:
Will the sweet memory of making love for the first time linger in her mind?

I would hope so, or then that could mean it wasnt very good for her, and maybe even scary.

As humans, we remember most everything that we enjoyed in our lives.
Sex included.. if not one of the more favorable memories in our lives.

There isnt anything to be jealous of because she isnt capable of going BACK to said man to try to relive any memories, or recreate any relationship.

You cant control what someone thinks about... so save your self some heartache and stop thinking about it too.
She is WITH you.. and you are giving her new memories about sex, and a relationship that she will think of her whole life.
I imagine, it is a very difficult position to be in when you learn that an EX- has died.
You feel as though you should 'grieve'... but they are still an EX.. so it seems inappropriate.
She has gone through all of that, to come out and be with you.
Isnt that enough to draw some strength from?

Yes, she will remember him
Yes, she will remember sex with him

but , guess what.. she is HAVING sex with you..
memory be damned..

Im also guessing you two are in your late 20's ?
Teenage "love" .. well.. we all know that is never a' real ' love because people are simply not mature enough to MAKE it that way..
Im not saying she didnt feel something for him, but I guarantee you.. what she feels for you now, as an adult, is totally diffrent then what she felt as a teenager.
I'd put money on that..
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 06:16 am
What the hell, Kenn. Are you looking for a virgin?

Good luck with that.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 06:39 am
Gus- You have "hit the nail on the head".

Kenn- If a woman is some years out of adolescence, chances are excellent that she has had sexual relationships before she met you. It is totally unrealistic for you to expect otherwise.

I am concerned about the jealousy. What is that all about? Are you very possessive with this woman? If you are, you need to look into yourself to understand why, or you (and especially your girlfriend) are going to have a lot of problems in the future.

The fact is that she wants to be with YOU. And that is all that counts!

Were YOU a virgin when you met your girlfriend????
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 06:42 am
All we need is three wise men and it's Xmas already!
0 Replies

KennYoung

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:23 am
Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all of your advice.

Let me add something more to that. I was not a virgin when i met her and I also do not cherish my past experience as I had sex with girls, but did not "make love" with them. What i found in this girl is really wonderful. I love this girl very much with all my heart. She too gives me all she could and repeatedly told me that I am the "best" person she ever met. But what I want to know from you girls is whether the first time is the best or most memorable one. I learned people saying that girls have a special feeling for the one who broke their virginity. I fear she may cherish those memories. As for me i didn't, because i was doing just for fun.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:26 am
The first time was not the best or the most memorable. (I'm a gal.) I mean, I remember it, the way I remember various other things in my life, but the main sentiment I retain is "whew, got that over with."
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:29 am
My first time was rather boring. Sad
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:30 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Is that meant as a pun, Phoenix?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:35 am
Mine was ok, it didnt put me off.
I hope he cared for me, Id hate to think he was just doing it for the sex.
Some men tend to forget there is a a person attatched to the vagina.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:36 am
i second that boredom.

I dont know may people though, whos first time was any good..
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:38 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Is that meant as a pun, Phoenix?

LE- No I didn't, but it certainly came out as a "funny"! Very Happy
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:40 am
LE-She said f'U'nny.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:43 am
Mine was when I was in my early teenage years, and the entire fifteen seconds was mind blowing.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:44 am
15 seconds! my God you have self control!!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:47 am
'Twas in a bathroom, as it was the only room in the house that had a lock on the door.

I was always a romantic I suppose, looking back.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:53 am
Ive done it in a bathroom, tho the door wasnt locked, but everybody was out so Im not much of a risk taker.
0 Replies