0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 10:37 pm
Smithy's doing some good work:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2027273#2027273
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 10:59 pm
He's over here too: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74223&start=30

Better watch out though - he's provoking the bunny!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 11:15 pm
All right you lot.

NOW I see who the culprits are.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 11:15 pm
Ooh, busted!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 11:17 pm
Re: Let's Help GWB and Rove Out With Their Propoganda
squinney wrote:
From the Washington Post

Quote:
The USDA on Iraq: Everything's Coming Up Rosy

By Al Kamen
Monday, May 8, 2006; Page A17

Career appointees at the Department of Agriculture were stunned last week to receive e-mailed instructions that include Bush administration "talking points" -- saying things such as "President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq" -- in every speech they give for the department.

"The President has requested that all members of his cabinet and sub-cabinet incorporate message points on the Global War on Terror into speeches, including specific examples of what each agency is doing to aid the reconstruction of Iraq," the May 2 e-mail from USDA speechwriter Heather Vaughn began.

The e-mail, sent to about 60 undersecretaries, assistant secretaries and other political appointees, was also sent to "a few people to whom it should not have gone," said the department's communications director, Terri Teuber . The career people, we are assured, are not being asked to spread the great news on Iraq in their talks to food stamp recipients, disadvantaged farmers, enviros or other folks.

The e-mail provided language "being used by Secretary [Michael O.] Johanns and deputy secretary [Charles F.] Conner in all of their remarks and is being sent to you for inclusion in your speeches."

Another attachment "contains specific examples of GWOT messages within agriculture speeches. Please use these message points as often as possible and send Harry Phillips , USDA's director of speechwriting, a weekly email summarizing the event, date and location of each speech incorporating the attached language. Your responses will be included in a weekly account sent to the White House."

This scoreboard, of course, will ensure you give it your best shot.

Now, you might still be scratching your heads, trying to figure out how this is going to work when people expect a talk about agriculture issues. Not to worry. The attachments -- which can be viewed at http://www.washingtonpost.com/fedpage -- show how easy it is to work a little Iraq happy talk into just about anything.

There's a sample introduction: "Several topics I'd like to talk about today -- Farm Bill, trade with Japan, WTO, avian flu . . . but before I do, let me touch on a subject people always ask about . . . progress in Iraq." See? Smooth as silk.

So then you talk about how "we are helping the Iraqi people build a lasting democracy that is peaceful and prosperous." If it looks like the audience is with you, try to slip in the old Iraq/al-Qaeda/terrorism link and say Americans are helping build a country "that will never again be a safe haven for terrorists."

Loop suggestion: With the polls showing that only about 40 percent of those surveyed actually still buy the linkage thing, you may want to use some discretion here lest you lose the audience.

The e-mail shows how to weave in a comment that times are tough for Iraqi farmers. "But revitalization is underway. President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq structured on three tracks -- political, economic and security."

Be crop-specific. "The Iraqis have also discussed specific products, like tomatoes, which they are anxious to export into the world community," the e-mail notes....

Page 2 of the above article has more great suggestions if you need any help. Meantime, let's start working the "Talking Points" into every post here on A2K.

When you see a great "work in" from another thread, post it here.

Not sure what the prize will be yet, or if Diebold or ES&S will get the winning bid for tabulating the votes, but be creative. That's the key to winning!

That is just truly sick....and really kind of scary isn't it.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 11:19 pm
Now you will join our ranks, dlowan...Come, help us spread the talking points...It is useless to resist...
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 11:26 pm
I have read this entire thread ( May 9th)and have now come to the realization that the claims made by the Administration concerning-Victory in Iraq being just around the corner-will lead to a loss for the right wing of at least ten Senate seats and Fifty Five House seats. I have copied this post so that I can refer to it in November to show that my prediction was correct.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 11:32 pm
BernardR wrote:
I have read this entire thread ( May 9th)and have now come to the realization that the claims made by the Administration concerning-Victory in Iraq being just around the corner-will lead to a loss for the right wing of at least ten Senate seats and Fifty Five House seats. I have copied this post so that I can refer to it in November to show that my prediction was correct.

Oh? My congratulations....anything that will help drive the obsessional thoughts of Ted Kennnedy from your mind is a step forward for you.

Well done!
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 01:03 am
dlowan-sir-I assure you that I do not have obsessional thoughts about Ted Kennedy. I am sure that you know that obsession means "the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc."

The key words are, of course, domination and persistent. I do not want to trouble you with a chore but if you will check for yourself, I have written many many posts without mentioning Ted Kennedy.

You may just be joshing but I know that some are annoyed when the patron saint of Liberalism is excoriated with documented instances that he is a hypocrite, an alcoholic, a cheater, and, most likely, guilty of manslaughter in the Chappaquiddick incident.

Since at least 95% of my posts do not touch on Ted Kennedy, I am very much afraid that your contention that I have an obsession about Kennedy may be a sly attempt to stop my comments about him.

I assure you, Mr. Dlowan, that whenever it is appropriate, I will continue to comment on the unfortunate Senator Kennedy. He is, without a doubt, a prime target for those who would lampoon political clowns.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 01:47 am
You ever try to pry open the door of a car in ten foot deep in running water in total darkness? It is well nigh impossible.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 02:20 am
talk72000 wrote:
You ever try to pry open the door of a car in ten foot deep in running water in total darkness? It is well nigh impossible.

Don't, I beg you, feed the troll!!!!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 03:34 am
My little efforts, only the first of many more.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2027602#2027602

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2027615#2027615

My favorite (i'm a bad man)
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2027621#2027621

Joe(delighted)Nation
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 04:29 am
Joe, my friend, you are the perfect wordsmith. Thank you for your assistance and for your understanding of the importance that we get the word out to those that only read the New York Times. Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 05:20 am
I want to know if Mr. Dlowan, Sir, is making a contribution to our effort?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 05:56 am
Dlowan - She's so tough they call her Sir.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 06:00 am
It works with pictures, too.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 06:17 am
Edgar may have gone too far..

Whatta ya think? Does that qualify as propoganda, or is it approaching blasphemy?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 07:14 am
squinney wrote:
Dlowan - She's so tough they call her Sir.

I'm not tough, I'm just drawn that way.

And I cannot bring myself to join your merry band, I just can't. My evil side wants to, but there'll be tears before bedtime, I trow.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 07:15 am
Here's one with an actual true unwiredtapped transcript :
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2027808#2027808

Joe(You are There)Nation
0 Replies