Let's Help GWB and Rove Out With Their Propoganda

BernardR

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 05:20 pm
oralloy- Thank you so much for your link to the pertinent sections of the Geneva Conventions.

I am very much afraid, oralloy, that some of the left wing, in their fervid attempts to denigrate President Bush and his adminstration, do not realize what the Geneva Convention really states. Furthermore, they are unaware that the courts in the USA, and, ultimately,if necessary, the Supreme Court, are reponsible to see to it that Administration Policies adhere to the Constitution of the USA.

I am certain that one of the points the left does not understand is that combatants who are not uniformed and do not fall under a well known and publicized hierarchical chain of command(as Armies do) are not privy to the protections of the Geneva Convention.

Insofar as the Gitmo prisoners are not citizens of the United States, if the GC does not cover them, they are also unable to gain the protection offered to US citizens.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 05:43 pm
Bernard, you forgot to put Sir in front of oralloy. I'm sure it was just an oversight, but please remember in the future to be derogatory towards all members equally.

Thank you, Sir.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 05:45 pm
Oh, I never say sir to anyone from North Carolina.
0 Replies