Let's Help GWB and Rove Out With Their Propoganda

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:03 pm
From the Washington Post

Quote:
The USDA on Iraq: Everything's Coming Up Rosy

By Al Kamen
Monday, May 8, 2006; Page A17

Career appointees at the Department of Agriculture were stunned last week to receive e-mailed instructions that include Bush administration "talking points" -- saying things such as "President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq" -- in every speech they give for the department.

"The President has requested that all members of his cabinet and sub-cabinet incorporate message points on the Global War on Terror into speeches, including specific examples of what each agency is doing to aid the reconstruction of Iraq," the May 2 e-mail from USDA speechwriter Heather Vaughn began.

The e-mail, sent to about 60 undersecretaries, assistant secretaries and other political appointees, was also sent to "a few people to whom it should not have gone," said the department's communications director, Terri Teuber . The career people, we are assured, are not being asked to spread the great news on Iraq in their talks to food stamp recipients, disadvantaged farmers, enviros or other folks.

The e-mail provided language "being used by Secretary [Michael O.] Johanns and deputy secretary [Charles F.] Conner in all of their remarks and is being sent to you for inclusion in your speeches."

Another attachment "contains specific examples of GWOT messages within agriculture speeches. Please use these message points as often as possible and send Harry Phillips , USDA's director of speechwriting, a weekly email summarizing the event, date and location of each speech incorporating the attached language. Your responses will be included in a weekly account sent to the White House."

This scoreboard, of course, will ensure you give it your best shot.

Now, you might still be scratching your heads, trying to figure out how this is going to work when people expect a talk about agriculture issues. Not to worry. The attachments -- which can be viewed at http://www.washingtonpost.com/fedpage -- show how easy it is to work a little Iraq happy talk into just about anything.

There's a sample introduction: "Several topics I'd like to talk about today -- Farm Bill, trade with Japan, WTO, avian flu . . . but before I do, let me touch on a subject people always ask about . . . progress in Iraq." See? Smooth as silk.

So then you talk about how "we are helping the Iraqi people build a lasting democracy that is peaceful and prosperous." If it looks like the audience is with you, try to slip in the old Iraq/al-Qaeda/terrorism link and say Americans are helping build a country "that will never again be a safe haven for terrorists."

Loop suggestion: With the polls showing that only about 40 percent of those surveyed actually still buy the linkage thing, you may want to use some discretion here lest you lose the audience.

The e-mail shows how to weave in a comment that times are tough for Iraqi farmers. "But revitalization is underway. President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq structured on three tracks -- political, economic and security."

Be crop-specific. "The Iraqis have also discussed specific products, like tomatoes, which they are anxious to export into the world community," the e-mail notes....

Page 2 of the above article has more great suggestions if you need any help. Meantime, let's start working the "Talking Points" into every post here on A2K.

When you see a great "work in" from another thread, post it here.

Not sure what the prize will be yet, or if Diebold or ES&S will get the winning bid for tabulating the votes, but be creative. That's the key to winning!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 9,409 • Replies: 202
No top replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:10 pm
Before I reply, I'd like to point out that President Bush has a clear and defined view of the defense and liberation of the Iraqi people. With that said, this is utterly ridiculous.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:14 pm
Come on, everybody knows--President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq--that the man can't find his ass with both hands.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:16 pm
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:18 pm
Here's a sample from This Thread about Walter and Dys:

squinney wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Walter and I are leaving tomorrow morning in the RV for a tour of the southwest. The lady Diane will be lunching with the lady Osso no doubt and not answering the phone.

As long as yu are traveling, you might want to visit Iraq. Times are tough for Iraqi farmers. But revitalization is underway. President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq structured on three tracks -- political, economic and security. On the economic track, we are helping Iraqi's develop pumpernickle farms that may be of interest to you.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:23 pm
I'm running down to the store, do you need anything? And, by the way, victory in Iraq is just around the corner!

Yes, the price of gasoline is ridiculously high, but the plan for victory in Iraq is right on schedule!

Sure, our country is being bankrupted by a criminal clique of corporate oligarchs voting themselves tax cuts in perpetuity, but victory in Iraq is within our grasp!

"Waist deep in the Big Muddy
And the big fool says 'Push on!'"
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:26 pm
From Gus's cousing Cletus and the shopping mall thread:

Quote:
As long as you are going to shopping malls, you might want to visit one in Iraq. Times are tough for Iraqi retailers. But revitalization is underway. President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq structured on three tracks -- political, economic and security. On the economic track, we are helping Iraqi's develop Victoria's Secret stores that may be of interest to you.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:27 pm
zippo wrote:
I think America is ****!

Speaking of America, did you know that we are the most powerful nation on the planet? And as such, it is our duty to protect the struggling and oppressed people of Iraq. And a damned fine job President Bush is doing of it, too.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:34 pm
President Bush has kept avian flu out of Iraq!

Uh, will that work? I'm kinda new at this.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:34 pm
Honey, I hope you're in the mood tonight. It's the least you can do to help promote victory in Iraq!

I know I forgot our anniversary, but did you know Iraqi women are full partners in the democratic process we're building in Iraq?

Sorry I'm late for work, but I was up late celebrating the impending victory of the Iraqi people over the forces of Islamo-fascism and I overslept.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:36 pm
Boomers got it! You have to post a tie-in on another thread. No matter what the thread is about, you work in a talking point. I'm thinking we may want to wait for it to be found and posted to this thread by someone other than the author. If you're just way too happy with yourself, you can post your own, I suppose. But, would be funnier to wait for someone else to find it.

No other rules. Boomer and I have gotten you started.

Just GET TO WORK. There's a lot of propagandizing to do between now and November. Be sure to get creative, use your own words sometimes so it doesn't sound "pre-recorded".
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:39 pm
Okay. Got it.

I thought it was supposed to be a pre-recorded message.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:41 pm
Embarrassed Oooohh! NOW I get it! Confused
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:42 pm
This will be fun in the relationships forum.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:44 pm
How's this?

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2026619#2026619
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:45 pm
Excellent!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:46 pm
Heehee. Found this one by jespah:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2026624#2026624
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:47 pm
Ha, thanks. And here's one from our very own blacksmithn: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2026626#2026626
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:51 pm
Here's another:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2026633#2026633

This manages to be both amusing and sickening at the same time.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:54 pm
Last one:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2026639#2026639

I've got to stop and go shower. I feel SO dirty!
0 Replies