What Liberals Wish They Were Reading This Morning ...

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:36 pm
Miller wrote:
I heard that Teddy cheated on a Spanish Test at Harvard College and was then expelled from the Campus. So, if this be the case, how did Teddy learn Spanish?

Immersion? Laughing

Ouch.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:56 pm
Why did I post it was a math test on another thread? Because I erred. And, of course, since you are so perceptive, Parados, you pick up any errors. But I notice you assiduously avoid any comment on my dopcumentation that Ted Kennedy did indeed cheat on his Spanish test at Harvard( The fact that he learned Spanish( if he did) afterwards does not erase the fact that because he is a cheater, he was expelled from Harvard.

Mr. Parados also carefully avoided making any comment about my documentation from Leo Damore's book- "Senatorial Privilege" which indeed showed that assertions concerning "Manslaughter" charges for Ted Kennedy are indeed not a rant but were explored by many officials in Massachusetts and the subject of a four part series by the Boston Globe "Preferential treatment by law enforcement and judicial officials had saved Kennedy from being charged with serious crimes, INCLUDING MANSLAUGHTER, THE GLOBE CONCLUDED IN ITS FOUR PART SERIES."

May I respectfully suggest that Mr. Parados' comment about a "rant" was, in light of the evidence above, far far off the mark.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 04:06 pm
However, President Bush's clear-sighted vision for freedom and democracy in Iraq, like a shining city on a hill, is leading us to ultimate victory.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 04:08 pm
For those who think that Ted Kennedy is not a hypocrite as well as an alcoholic womanizer who was expelled from Harvard for cheating on a Spanish test and should have been charged with Manslaughter in the death of Mary Jo Kopechne, there is more evidence.

Ted Kennedy on Environment
Click here for 10 full quotes on Environment OR background on Environment.
Voted YES on including oil & gas smokestacks in mercury regulations. (Sep 2005)
Voted NO on confirming Gale Norton as Secretary of Interior. (Jan 2001)
Voted NO on more funding for forest roads and fish habitat. (Sep 1999)
Voted NO on transportation demo projects. (Mar 1998)
Voted YES on reducing funds for road-building in National Forests. (Sep 1997)
Voted YES on continuing desert protection in California. (Oct 1994)
Voted YES on requiring EPA risk assessments. (May 1994)
End commercial whaling and illegal trade in whale meat. (Jun 2001)
Rated 89% by the LCV, indicating pro-environment votes. (Dec 2003)
EPA must do better on mercury clean-up. (Apr 2004

Kennedy is a hypocrite:

In an effort to preserve his "sailing" territory on the ocean outside of Cape Cod, Senator Kennedy, as well as other denizens in the area, streneously objected to the proposed construction of a "wind farm" in the ocean outside of Cape Cod. This would, of course, lower pollution but Kennedy, as can be viewed by the list above, would cut down everyone else except himself.

He is a total disgrace to the Senate and if he had an ounce of morality would resign immediately.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 04:08 pm
Yes, Set, thank Heaven our country was blessed with such a visionary leader to set us on such a clear course to victory in Iraq!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 04:12 pm
Set and blacksmithn - I wish I could read more about what you have said above. As a liberal, I would like to read more about our President and well he has handled the Iraq threat. Seems the media just doesn't want to cover the successes.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 04:13 pm
Please, blacksmithn, don't fret. I can assure you that George W. Bush will not be re-elected.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 04:14 pm
That's absolutely right, Squinney--the nattering nabobs of negativism try to obscure the truth, but we know that President Bush has the vision and the determination to lead us to victory.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 04:17 pm
My only regret is that he won't be reelected to usher in his goal of victory in Iraq.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 04:24 pm
How do you know that there will be victory in Iraq? The settlement of the Iraqi question will doubtlessly fall to either President McCain or President Hillary Clinton. I much prefer Hillary Clinton since she has the moral authority to lead our country out of the quagmire.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 04:59 pm
ooh, I was just headed over here to mention what we'll ALL be reading about any day now, and that's victory in Iraq! But I see most of you already know that our president has a clear strategy to lead the Iraqi people to democracy.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 06:14 pm
hehehehehehe
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 06:30 pm
Setanta wrote:
That's absolutely right, Squinney--the nattering nabobs of negativism try to obscure the truth, but we know that President Bush has the vision and the determination to lead us to victory.

Effete snob!
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 10:14 pm
How do you know that there will be victory in Iraq? The settlement of the Iraqi question will doubtlessly fall to either President McCain or President Hillary Clinton. I much prefer Hillary Clinton since she has the moral authority to lead our country out of the quagmire.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 10:27 pm
Oh, Bernard. Dear, sweet Bernard.

Don't you realize that any president elected in 2008 is bound to succeed in Iraq if they simply follow the clear strategy laid out by President Bush? You see, President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq structured on three tracks -- political, economic and security.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 10:32 pm
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 03:05 am
I'm looking forward to some more fresh, new ideas from the Democrats.

Just read some of Hillary's thoughts on how she really wanted to be an astronaut ... Gore's See-I-Was-Right documentary supposedly has him thinking about 2008 ... Kerry's firming up his stance on the Vietnam War and his Iraq War vote -- at least for today -- and I haven't heard him bitch about '04 voter fraud in Cleveland for a couple of weeks ... and there's always the prospect of his lovely wife, Endora, as first lady ...

Yeah, looking forward to the Fresh Idea Folks to end all this nasty polarization of the last few years.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 03:10 am
Today's riddle:

Flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop.

A John Kerry planning session or FDR's grave?
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 03:24 am
A folksy Hillaryism:

"I was never very good in science. . . . When I was a very young girl, I wanted to be an astronaut, so I wrote off to this new agency called NASA and asked how a 12-year-old girl could become an astronaut. I got an answer back saying, "We're not accepting women into the astronaut program." I was somewhat comforted by my mother, who told me that my eyesight was much too bad anyway.

I next decided that I wanted to be a nuclear physicist. . . . But for me, there were a few obstacles along the way, you know, like the periodic table and things like that. Then I decided that I wanted to be a doctor, and I took all of the science courses in high school, planning to be a doctor, until I actually had the opportunity to shadow some doctors in our local hospital and passed out at the first sight of sickness.

So clearly, there wasn't anything left for me than to become a lawyer."
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 03:59 am
Howdy Whooda....good to see ya.
0 Replies