Are Canadians just way too wishy washy?

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 01:36 pm
If the woman writes for the NY Post, then you have to expect bashing against any country Rupert Murdoch disapproves of. Pardon my ignorance, but was Canada insufficiently supportive of Project Iraqi Freedom? That might explain Ms. Adams' snippy tone...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 01:58 pm
You should hear her opinions about the French...indeed, Canada made what some people think as an ill-advised choice to not support America in project Iraqi "Freedom", but still, that is no excuse for her hair...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 03:35 pm
I don't have to apologise for Rupert Murdoch AGAIN, do I?

OK - I am sorry about Rupert.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 03:44 pm
Oh, is Rupert Murdoch from Australia? I had no idea...

Just kidding, dlowan, and no need to apologize. After all, I'd hate to have to take credit for some of our guys...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 03:47 pm
Worse!

He is from my home town! Got his start here - still comes back to the AGM of his horrid local rag - which killed the opposition and is the ONLY local rag! After it killed the opposition it went from broadsheet to tabloid - though not as bad as his crappy Brit tabloids.

Sigh..
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 03:51 pm
With all due respect, Murdoch is pretty dreadful. The way he shifted his power base from Australia to the UK to the US is incredible. If he were just about making money, it would be one thing, but he's into pushing a political agenda, too.

One can only hope the empire will crumble after he shuffles off this mortal coil. Maybe his kids will fight amongst themselves...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 04:09 pm
heehee - any possible ways of making 'em do it?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 04:22 pm
I suggest an "accident" where Rupert falls on Cindy Adams, and then an empire falls on Rupert, killing them both....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 04:28 pm
Hmmmm. Who gets to choose the umpire?
0 Replies