Are Canadians just way too wishy washy?

steissd

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 12:16 pm
Oldandknew wrote:
So what are Canada's greatest exports ? Neil Young, Bryan Adams and milllions of trees and that Mounty who joined Chicago Police on that TV show and there must be loads of other valuable stuff, like beer.

I am afraid that I cannot wholeheartedly agree with you, sir. Canada hosts such significant hi-tech companies as Creo (digital printing equipment) and Nortel (telecommunications equipment and software).
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 12:17 pm
Alex Trebeck is a first rate bastard. I've seen him in action. Please refund our money.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 12:19 pm
Vancouver is a very cool town!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 12:19 pm
Canadians? Wishy-washy? Well, as long as they wash behind their ears... Very Happy
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 12:32 pm
steissd. Your reading habits are very different to mine obviously but Canada is a pretty clever country and I wouldn't knock it.

By the way I spent 3 months in Israel at Kibbutz Shuval, just north of Beer Sheva. Spelling is probably wrong tho
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 12:50 pm
Spelling of the kibbutz name is OK. It can be spelled as Shoval[shaw-vahl] as well, but this refers to nuances of Hebrew pronunciation (people of European origin would prefer the latter version, the Oriental ones pronounce it as Shuval [shoo-vahl]). I know that kibbutzes in the south of Israel were frequented by the British tourists in '80s-'90s.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 12:53 pm
Heh heh, let's keep this thread light....

D'artagnan, actually we have some awesome microbreweries here. Brick is one, here in Toronto. In Quebec, there is Unibroue, which produces amazing Belgian-style brews www.unibroue.com Quebec has many amazing microbreweries, better than in Ontario, IMO, including McAuslan as well, makers of the very hoppy St. Ambroise, and the delicious St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout, winner of several awards... www.mcauslan.com The sites have English versions too, btw.

Interesting story regarding William Shatner (and keep him please, since he is there already): William Shatner was a drama student at my alma mater, McGill University. While I was there, some friends of mine started a joke petition to rename the student center from whatever it was to the 'William Shatner Student Center'. Well....who knew how many people would actually sign, and the board renamed it, and it exists to this day as such.

As for Alex Trebeck, you can keep him too, his passport has expired. We also gave you Michael J. Fox, and if you bash him, you are truly heartless Very Happy
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 12:58 pm
You can take Shania Twain back, cav...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 01:05 pm
D'art, not only would I take her back, I would take Shania so many other ways too.... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 02:05 pm
upside down and inside out as well
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 02:17 pm
I catch your drift, fellas--I was thinking of her as a chanteuse, but your point is, ahem, well taken!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 02:21 pm
She can't sing if she's, urm, "distracted"
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 02:48 pm
nuthin' wishy-washy 'bout this here clownish canuck.

(which brings up a question i was wondering about: is canuck a slur? sometimes a slur, depending on situtation? or never a slur?)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 03:11 pm
Don't think so really....Canuck has been adopted by us up here....now, if you are in Quebec, calling the Frenchies 'Peppers' is a bad slur...so bad in fact, that the soft drink 'Dr. Pepper' is not sold in that province.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 03:45 pm
Huh. Guess they're thanking their lucky stars for Mr. Pibb.

Or does that mean something, too?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 03:51 pm
Mr. Pibb...ain't familiar with that one...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 03:52 pm
'tis to Dr. Pepper what RC is to Coke and Pepsi...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 04:05 pm
Ahh, so no sales then Very Happy
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 04:09 pm
Quebec could be a wide-open market, like the Chinese to Marlboro or Australia to placental mammals...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 04:47 pm
Ahem....
0 Replies