Guys, does this mean anything..

Intrepid

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:22 am
Is that his foot?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:24 am
Hehehehehe, Thumper holds the key.

Thank goodness for 50 year old animated characters.
I think I shall call him Thumper from now on, tho not to his face.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:27 am
well first things first....

find out if he's married...no sense wasting time....we'll proceed from there.

hmmm....off the subject (slightly) question....do married men in England not wear wedding rings?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:29 am
I don't. I used to but it got snagged on something and nearly took my finger off.

Is this why I keep getting gorgeous girls following me down the High Street?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:29 am
http://www.hoylab.cornell.edu/FruitFly/ShakerBehavior1/ShakingFies1.jpg

Ether Induced Leg-Shaking
Early geneticists commonly used ether to anesthetize flies. Investigators noticed that some mutagenized flies vigorously shook after ether exposure, thus this mutant was named Shaker.

Were you wearing ether, material girl?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:30 am
Were his flies shaking, MG?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:39 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Were his flies shaking, MG?

HAhahahahahhaaha, your best one yet.

No wedding ring, Ive looked.
How do I find out if he is single???!!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 07:12 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
I don't. I used to but it got snagged on something and nearly took my finger off.

hmmmm....why don't women have all these problems with getting their wedding rings snagged on something?

Especially the ones who also wear engagement rings with settings.

Another question....are diamond engagement rings the rule there? Or are other stones used mostly.

I think I'm somewhat unusual in the US because I never had an engagement ring for this marriage, just wear the band. However, here only diamonds are used.

Not to hijack mg, just want to know how different countries tell if people are married.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 07:19 am
Guys are more likely to be doing some sort of manual labour that can catch a ring.

On the subject at hand. Sometimes I find my leg jiggling, and I didn't realise it. It could also be the seat. It's no biggie.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 07:32 am
Ok, I understand.He doesnt want me and never will!!!

Not being engaged or married myself, and may never be, I can only say that my friends engagement rings that I have seen are plain silver with 1 diamond, but it doesnt have to be just that, they seem popular.

Wedding ring can be anything.My friends has bits coming out of it and a mixture of dark and light stones.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 08:56 am
oh...it's just that when charles and diana got engaged, I seem to remember it didn't have diamonds, or it had a bunch of other stuff and didn't look at all like an Americans perception of an engagement ring.

I'm not much on jewelry, especially diamonds, makes no sense to me to spend money on a piece of stone.

A wedding bands different though.

anyway, back to Thumper....have you just seen this guy, have yout talked to him or what?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:03 am
I think Dianas engagement ring was a big blue stone surrounded by diamonds, definately not from Argos(joke for UK people)

Yep Ive spoken to him, but just in general.We dont meet in a social way.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:10 am
Chai, I was up the top of a double ladder, scrubbing down some paintwork before re-painting it.
I am left handed, and was furiously scrubbing with a sandpaper when my ring snagged a small nail the was lying almost flush with the surface of the wood.
I yanked away instinctively, nearly fell off the ladder in the process, and almost left my finger behind as the ladder jerked, causing me to yank away for a second time in order to keep my balance.

My finger started swelling straight away, so I got the ring off while I could. As this wasn't the first time I had had a near miss, I decided to not wear it in future. My wife had no objections, and it is now in the jewellery box.

I put it down to being left handed. It was always snagging on something or other, as that is the usual hand that gets involved in most of the snaggy sort of work.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:13 am
Surely thats the best excuse to not to housework!!Not to avoid wearing your wedding ring!

How come men dont have engagement rings?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:17 am
didn't mean to offend LE. I actually knew a woman who had her ring finger sucked off by a machine because she was wearing her wedding band....during WWII, she worked at a munition factory,no rings allow, had to take time off to see her doctor for a "woman" thing, didn't want the doctor to think she wasn't a respectable married woman.
Went back to work, forgot to take the ring back off.

welllll missy, you'll just have to come up with some snappy lines to use on him.....

where do you see him? In what context?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:18 am
I think some DO, nowadays, MG.

It's all buried in the depths of time alongside ancient traditions, MG.

All very chauvinist and very good business for jewellers. "She's mine, so don't chat her up" sort of thing.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:29 am
Chai Tea wrote:
didn't mean to offend LE.......

None taken, Chai, you can abuse me as much as you like. Us Englishmen pay bloody good money for that sort of thing over here.

It left me feeling like I'd just spent a very worthwhile £20.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:12 am
Lord E,

i'm right-handed and for years wore my wedding ring on my right f-- i mean "middle" finger (it fit better), and i never snagged it on anything or anyone...

i transferred it back to the appropriate finger this year upon realizing my fingers had gotten a wee bit larger Embarrassed
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:20 am
An Aside regarding Men and their silly jiggling legs:

That's one of the reasons men tend to stay a bit trimmer than women-- they burn a lot of calories with all that stupid fidgeting. I've been trying to develop a habit of leg-jiggling for that reason.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:27 am
Pooky, you're making my leg jiggle...
0 Replies