1
   

AN IMPOSSIBLE EVENT

 
 
najmelliw
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:06 am
OmSig.

I must admit, I respect you for advocating your points of view with such sincerety. That being said, I abhor what you suggest.
If the victims 'could' have been armed, the attacker in all likely hood 'would' have been harmed.

And you want to advocate the rugged frontier mentality by equipping five year olds with guns? Let me assure you, I for one would feel very unsafe in a society where five year olds are allowed to carry guns.
Please.
Lethal 'accidents' will rise dramatically in a society where everyone can and will carry and use guns if they feel threatened.

Naj
0 Replies
 
Anon-Voter
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:08 am
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Omsig,

I think you need to get professional help ... immediately!! RUN, don't walk to the nearest psychiatrist before you hurt someone!

Anon

Its SAD that u choose to pollute the forum
with ad hominem vituperation and hopelessly emotional acrimony,
rather than to dispassionately analyse the merit of arguments set forth.
( Maybe that 's the best u can do. )

Ideally, it shud be open for free discussion
of everyone 's point of vu.

I guess u want only the commie point of vu
to be represented here. As a freedom loving American, I will not oblige.
David



You're beyond sick! You're dangerous!

Anon
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:11 am
Anon-Voter wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
blacksmithn wrote:
It wasn't an attack. It was hope that you'd seek the help you so obviously need.

OK, then:
I return the favor and encourage u
to seek psychiatric help for your hallucinations.
This is not an attack.
It is an effort to get u the medical help that u obviously need.

How 's that ?

David



You sad, incredibly sick child ... you're going to kill some innocent person(s) with you paranoiac delusions.

Get help now ... IMMEDIATELY!!

Anon



OK. That 's it for u.

I wrote u off on Abuzz as a lunatic,
with hopelessly insufficient mental capacity
to engage in logical reasoning.

I will do so again, now.

Henceforth, I will not read your posts,
and u will thus DISAPPEAR from my cognition,
BANISHED into oblivion. Goodbye ! Good riddance.
0 Replies
 
blacksmithn
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:17 am
Maybe you should just shoot him....
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:20 am
najmelliw wrote:
OmSig.

I must admit, I respect you for advocating your points of view with such sincerety. That being said, I abhor what you suggest.
If the victims 'could' have been armed, the attacker in all likely hood 'would' have been harmed.

And you want to advocate the rugged frontier mentality by equipping five year olds with guns? Let me assure you, I for one would feel very unsafe in a society where five year olds are allowed to carry guns.
Please.
Lethal 'accidents' will rise dramatically in a society where everyone can and will carry and use guns if they feel threatened.

Naj

This is error.
For the 5 years that I lived in Arizona,
the kids in my neighborhood were well armed
and we enjoyed gunnery practice with no ill effects.
We had gunnery teams in school,
again with no ill effects.
We had gunnery teams at YMCA summer camp,
again, with no complaints.
Your fears have no basis in fact; only in prejudice.
David
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:23 am
blacksmithn wrote:
Maybe you should just shoot him....

I don 't think he 's worth the round.



Not reading his posts
is what I used to call "Abuzz capital punishment. "
0 Replies
 
boomerang
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:23 am
I don't have a problem with guns. We HAVE a gun.

We also have a five year old.

The gun is kept unloaded and locked in a safe. It comes out when we go camping and hiking in the wilderness.

I suppose you find this ridiculous behavior, David.

But I refuse to be a hostage to every other person in the world and I refuse to be afraid in my own home. I will not let fear be the deciding factor in my life.

I'll wager that most people on this forum could own a gun if they wanted one. They don't want one. So what? Big deal! To each their own.

What I find appalling is that you toss out your gun enthusiam in inappropriate places.
0 Replies
 
Anon-Voter
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:30 am
boomerang wrote:
I don't have a problem with guns. We HAVE a gun.

We also have a five year old.

The gun is kept unloaded and locked in a safe. It comes out when we go camping and hiking in the wilderness.

I suppose you find this ridiculous behavior, David.

But I refuse to be a hostage to every other person in the world and I refuse to be afraid in my own home. I will not let fear be the deciding factor in my life.

I'll wager that most people on this forum could own a gun if they wanted one. They don't want one. So what? Big deal! To each their own.

What I find appalling is that you toss out your gun enthusiam in inappropriate places.



This is the kind of nut that you read about that goes over the edge and kills a bunch of people!

Anon
0 Replies
 
Lord Ellpus
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:38 am
I myself, carry a fully loaded bazooka with me when I go and take my dog for a walk in the local park.

Unless it's raining, then I take my umbrella, as I can't carry both.
0 Replies
 
Bi-Polar Bear
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:40 am
I dated a girl who carried two 44's but she was adamantly anti gun.....
0 Replies
 
blacksmithn
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:48 am
Personally, I prefer a sword cane or nunchuks. I used to like a morning star, but they're dreadfully awkward to jog any distance with.
0 Replies
 
najmelliw
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:53 am
Hey Omsig,

There is something not right here. You take a tragic occurence, and then state 'something in the veins of : If the victims might have had guns, this could have been prevented' In other words... You say circumstances can change provided that we change variables (in this case, guns) in them.

Yet, when I state something that will (granted, this is stronger then could, but still, it's just my opinion) happen if all can carry guns, you state that my fears have no basis in fact, but in prejudice.

Anyways, just because you know how to behave in a society where you, and all the people around you, are armed, does not mean all people do.
To compare with cars: Just because I know how to drive, does not mean everybody knows how to drive. Which is proven by the high accident rate traffic in my countrys is prone to.

Naj
0 Replies
 
boomerang
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:03 am
Just because someone knows how to use a gun and is comfortable using one doesn't mean that they want to carry one around.

My brother has been in the Army for 30 years. He knows how to use all variety of weapons and is an expert marksman. He would no more carry around a gun than he would attempt to fly off a mountain top using home-made wings.

He won't even have a gun in his house.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:22 am
boomerang wrote:
I don't have a problem with guns. We HAVE a gun.

We also have a five year old.

The gun is kept unloaded and locked in a safe. It comes out when we go camping and hiking in the wilderness.

I suppose you find this ridiculous behavior, David.

NO.
That 's too strong a word,
and I am have no information as to the circumstances of the boy;
if I knew him, perhaps I 'd agree with u.

Since I don 't know him, I can 't judge the situation,
and will defer to your expertise.

However, I remember the experience of the Carpenter family
of Merced, California, who sadly complied fully with applicable
storage laws when the parents left the house,
such that they locked up their guns when they left the house,
however, they neglected to give their kids the KEYS.

Their kids were good shots, proficient with guns.
A homicidal maniac, Jonathan David Bruce, cut their fone wires,
and entered the house with a pitchfork,
with which he fatally mutilated several small children.
Some of the others tried to get out their guns, unsuccessfully,
having no keys,
thus allowing the unnecessary death of some of the children.
However, the homicidal maniac was safe from his victims.

Then a 14 year old daughter of the family
ran next door and asked a neighbor to use HIS guns
to take care of the criminal predator. He refused,
but called police, who eventually arrived after some of the children
had already been slaughtered with the pitchfork.

When the police arrived,
the lunatic charged them with the pitchfork.

For SOME REASON, the police did not have locks on THEIR
guns, and they blasted the hell out of him ( fatally ).

I wish the kids had BETTER ACCESS to their emergency equipment;
( it was like putting locks on your fire extinguishers )
it did little good locked away, as it was; I imagine that the dead
victims wud have thought so.



Quote:

But I refuse to be a hostage to every other person in the world and I refuse to be afraid in my own home. I will not let fear be the deciding factor in my life.

I'll wager that most people on this forum could own a gun if they wanted one. They don't want one. So what? Big deal! To each their own.

Yes; I have not advocated MANDATORY
personal armament,
as existed in Colonial times, when
( in the same spirit as today 's mandatory seatbelt laws )
it was against the law to go to chuch in an unarmed condition.
( I guess they were losing too many Christians on the way to church. )




Quote:

What I find appalling is that you toss out your gun enthusiam in inappropriate places.

Did anyone u know say: to each his own ?
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:32 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
I myself, carry a fully loaded bazooka with me when I go and take my dog for a walk in the local park.

Unless it's raining, then I take my umbrella, as I can't carry both.

There survives a letter from America 's 3rd President,
and the author of the Declaration of Independence,
who wrote to his 12 year old nephew,
advising him to work out with his gun for proficiency
( which he preferred over ball games ) and always to take his gun
with him when he went out walking.
David
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:33 am
Ah yes, salutary advice from a large-scale slave owner.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:36 am
blacksmithn wrote:
Personally, I prefer a sword cane or nunchuks. I used to like a morning star, but they're dreadfully awkward to jog any distance with.

I believe u.

However, what about those who are enfeebled
with the infirmity of ill health, or great age or youth ?

They might not be athletic enuf for swords or nunchucks.

Shud their lives not have equal protection ?.
0 Replies
 
blacksmithn
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:40 am
The old folks should carry a dirk or kris. Perhaps younger folks could be taught to be proficient with the thugee strangling cord.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:41 am
boomerang wrote:
Just because someone knows how to use a gun and is comfortable using one doesn't mean that they want to carry one around.

My brother has been in the Army for 30 years. He knows how to use all variety of weapons and is an expert marksman. He would no more carry around a gun than he would attempt to fly off a mountain top using home-made wings.

He won't even have a gun in his house.

The same way that I disapprove of mandatory seatbelt laws,
I also oppose mandatory personal armament laws.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE
David
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:43 am
I prefer a well-sharpened katana, but it keeps getting tangled up when i sit down.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

T'Pring is Dead - Discussion by Brandon9000
Another Calif. shooting spree: 4 dead - Discussion by Lustig Andrei
Friends don't let friends fat-talk - Discussion by hawkeye10
Before you criticize the media - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Fatal Baloon Accident - Discussion by 33export
The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie - Discussion by bobsal u1553115
Robin Williams is dead - Discussion by Butrflynet
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 01/25/2022 at 01:37:03